No announcement yet.

AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 08/09: Preseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erik Johnson to miss all (or most) of the season due to a freak golf cart injury...

I'm sorry, but
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• That is a bit bizarre.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
        That is a bit bizarre.
        Very-- ON sports radio this morning they were discussing it and it soundslike he wrecked his knee when his foot got caught somehow between the accelerator and the brake in his golf cart

They were discussing it as being up there in the category as "worst injury to admit the cause"
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• I still think the injury of the guy who wrecked his back picking up a Pringle is the winner...that was what, 2 seasons ago?

Also, Darth Gerber liked his nickname and had his mask repainted:
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Nice mask.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Am I not the greatest hockey player ever?

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                Am I not the greatest hockey player ever?

Sorry I could not suspend my disbelief. The program is obviously seriously flawed if it allows Anders Erickson to make that play

I mean come on-- he scored ONCE last year!
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• That's me (Milford - #8), not Eriksson. Eriksson is 88 because I have priority on the number.

I'm RW.

Similarly, this is me laying a huge hit on some Baby Habs player: http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/608581
                  Might be able to see the name better on the jersey there.

Comment

• I watched the Flames a bit last night against Phoenix-- Both teams only had portions of their regulars in the lineup but I noticed two players

1. Dustin Boyd-- word is he has packed on 8-10 pounds of additional muscle and I really liked his effort out there. I had seen flashes in prior seasons but perhaps this is the year he blossoms into a true top 6 type forward

2. Wayne Primeau-- I have been very disappointed in him the last couple of years as I always hope and expect someone so big to be more of a presence. Perhaps he is in fear for his job this year (and based on prior years' perfromances I would worry )but he was digging harder than I usually see vets do in a pre-season game. I still hold out hope that he could be a physical presence on a third line but unless he really steps up as shows a consistent big effort and physical play, I would just as soon see him gone

It will be interesting also to see what they do with the Flames lines.Word is that they want to see how Ber and Iggy due together so that could mean that Camamleri is on the second line with a plethora of possible linemates. They want lombardi to step up as #2 centre- and then you have the likes of Boyd, Moss, Bourque, Conroy, Glencross who all probably have some aspirations of wanting top 6 type time but who can absolutelyfill out a decent third line

Comment

• Today's "duh" headline of the day, courtesy of The Star:

Leafs in no rush for Stanley Cup

Comment

• Head Coach Wayne Gretzky joked with reporters after Thursday’s morning skate that the team on this two-game trip is so young that the Coyotes had to spend hours gathering parental consent forms before the team could leave the U.S. Tonight’s lineup is extremely young and inexperienced. Of the 22 players on tonight's roster, 10 have never played in an NHL regular-season game.

Comment

• Also...:

Yahoo! for fantasy hockey?

At the same time, the NHL has also announced that they are partnering with Yahoo! to provide “the #1 fantasy games experience on the Internet”.

Last year, our fantasy football league was done using CBS Sportsline but this year, we switched the Yahoo! which allows for more teams. I preferred the Sportsline offering.

However, if the description of what the NHL/Yahoo! partnership will provide is accurate, they just might come through on the claim that it will be #1 for fantasy sports.

The main benefit of this partnership is integrated video footage straight from the NHL which will be tied to each player. So you can track your players progress through the season and research for your next blockbuster trade using stats and video without needing to leave the site.

That is genius and, if properly implemented, will single-handedly bump it above any fantasy hockey offering I know of.

Comment

• Speaking of Yahoo, we're still missing one team in the auction league. Any suggestions for how to deal with that? I can't enter draft stuff until all 8 are in ...
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Depends on who it is.

Comment

• My assumption is it's Tingkai.
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X