Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flubber

My understanding is this

1. We do the auction draft live at ESPN-- sign in on their tool/site-- snoopy invited you -- and be there for the draft-- he has indicated that its a really good tool to use that keeps track of budget and whatnot

2. that once we select the teams we will then import these as teams at yahoo and play exactly the same way at yahoo asin the draft league-- Roster, stats categories etc should all be the same as at our regular draft league except I think snoopy added a bench spot
    This is what I intended, although I will NOT add a bench spot (not intentionally, anyway). The only thing I was thinking is if we only have 8 players, perhaps we should add two generic forward spots?
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369

This is what I intended, although I will NOT add a bench spot (not intentionally, anyway). The only thing I was thinking is if we only have 8 players, perhaps we should add two generic forward spots?
      I would keep it the same-- I would have been ok with it but I think its a bit late to go changing stuff-- people might have already worked on this assuming 14 roster spots-- Adding generic forward spots ups the value of a lot of centres
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• I've adjusted the max moves per season to no max, and per week to 5.

Yahoo draft in a little more than 12 hours.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
          I've adjusted the max moves per season to no max, and per week to 5.

Yahoo draft in a little more than 12 hours.
          Sounds good

I still think 5 "moves" will mean two replacements and then a pickup when you move someone to IR but since on any interpretation, its still more moves than I did last year when things were unrestricted so it seems fair enough

See you at the draft!!
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Back to the auction -- I found an article in there-- Note this was a football guy so the budget may be different although our number of players is similar

It ain't that tricky. In ESPN.com's standard auction league, every team gets $200 to spend on 16 players (nine starters and seven bench guys). Teams then take turn nominating players to be auctioned off. For example, say you go first and nominate Peyton Manning. Everybody bids until one team -- the one who offers the largest chunk of his or her $200 -- is left standing, and that team gets Manning. Then it's on to the next owner in line to toss a player to be bid upon. Fantasy points are accrued in exactly the same manner as in standard "snail draft" ESPN leagues (four points for a TD pass, one point every 25 yards passing, etc.).

No longer are you locked into a particular selection order, and the best players don't have to be nominated first. In fact, there's a bit of an art to picking the next player to be nominated. Often, it's a matter of getting high-dollar guys who you don't particularly want thrown out first, in order to drain your fellow owners' budgets early and leave potential bargains for you later in the auction.

Auctions do tend to take more time than snake drafts, simply because there's bidding after each name is mentioned, rather than the player just going directly to the owner who said his name. But if you have a little extra time, you'll absolutely love the freedom that auctions allow.

Comment

• I am actually in a mock auction lobby right now and prepared to do an auction-- There is a smack talk board right there so I don't see any need for any IM as long as it all works-- I'll let you all know how it goes with my mock auction

Comment

• Snoopy

I am doing the mock draft mow and its really really good to use IMHO-- Bids are taken until there are no bids for 10 seconds-- auctioneer gives a verbal cue when bids about to close -- Budget is 260 in the mock draft

Comment

• Okay, roster size set to same as NYE's (14, 2/2/2/2/2 +4BN). I took control of the other two teams, it seems to be okay with me controlling all 3 (with one ESPN account, and one email!). We'll see what happens, anyway.

Comment

• Other good features

1. smack talk box
                    2. Running totals on everyone plus an ability to check their rosters
                    3. It keeps your average dollars per remaining roster spot right there
                    4-- Gives last years and projected stats
                    5. Marks people with medical issues
                    6. You can queue up your next nominations from a list ordered by draft vallue (but searchable by name of team)

Comment

• I haven't a clue about what to do in the draft, but what else is new.

So our budget is 200 pucks?
                      Golfing since 67

Comment

• $260, not $200 BTW, you can join the auction any time now, starts in 1 hour.

Comment

• In case anyone's wondering, in order to join the auction just navigate to your team page, there's a link in the top section.

Comment

• yup -- chatting away in there

Comment

• Regular draft starting now
                              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• And done already! wow that was quick.
                                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Working...
                                X