• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Chargers outta make him have it

If he wont then tell him if he gets injured more than they wont cover it
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

If they put him on IR, wouldn't he be out for the season?
      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Yes. So? He needs it.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

So put him on IR so he can't play, then he might as well have the surgery. Unless that wouldn't be kosher by NFL rules?
          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.

Comment

I think it's only common sense.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I think the players' union would have a valid complaint if they did that.
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I don't think so. I think if they complained, they'd be showing their ass. "Look. This is how much we care. We'll let this guy try to play a year while he's injured, so that he loses 10 more years, maybe. That way, he can be a cripple."

Comment

What would he be able to complain about? How could he pass a physical to come back with that kind of injury?
                  "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

He'll deal with it when he needs surgery... which the doctors tell him is now
                    Here are the facts as I understand it.

1. Merriman can still play, albeit through pain.

2. Merriman will require exactly the same surgery at the end of the year if he plays, as he will now. IOW, the outcome is pretty much exactly the same, whether he plays now or gets surgery now.

3. Aggravating the injury doesn't pose a risk to his playing career.

Those are the only things that make sense to me. The Chargers have an excellent backup left outside linebacker. They wouldn't hesitate to sit Merriman out for an entire season as a precaution and have him get surgery.

If Merriman wishes to play, the Chargers should permit him to do so until he proves that he cannot perform on the field, or he risks his entire career to continue to play.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I think 3 is wrong. He could completely tear those two ligaments, plus tear the ACL. That does pose a risk. Yes, surgery can fix it, but it's possible he may not be able to perform at the same level he has. IMO it's just stupid not to fix it now, before it gets worse.

Comment

Actually, what I saw on ESPN yesterday from a doctor was that the risk is he does physical damage to the joint surfaces rubbing wrongly against each other. I think the ligament/tendon damage is nearly never career-ending because the ligament can just be replaced; but the damage to the joint surface would mean it no longer bends quite the right way or has as much strength.

Comment

Maybe he just use steroids... again!
                          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

The player formerly known as Pacman has been fully reinstated.

Comment

So you're doing a dance of joy, right?

Comment

Well, yeah.

Comment

Working...
                                X