Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 07/08: VIII Our threads are better than your threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft pick lottery:

#5: New York Islanders
    #4: St Louis Blues
    #3: Atlanta Thrashers
    #2: LA Kings
    #1: Tampa Bay

The list:
    1. TB
    2. LA
    3. ATL
    4. STL
    5. NYI
    6. CLB
    7. TOR
    8. PHX
    9. NSH (from FLA)
    10. VAN
    11. CHI
    12. ANA (from EDM)
    13. BUF
    14. CAR
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Maggie the Monkey's picks:

MTL/BOS: MTL
      OTT/PIT: PIT
      WSH/PHI: PHI
      NJ/NYR: NJ
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Damnit. Maggie had the same picks as me.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• West:

CGY/SJ: SJ
          DET/NSH: DET
          MIN/COL: MIN
          ANA/DAL: ANA

Comment

• BTW, I don't know why you're posting these here rather than the pick em thread.
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• You and me both.

Comment

• Might have something to do with getting strange objects lodged in your throat.
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• So this is what hypoxia feels like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tingkai

Turns out, I won without the tiebreaker. I was able to win in sv% despite Kontiki having a shutout yesterday, and a 957% average for two goalies.

It's been a wild two weeks for the finish. I kept building a massive lead only to see Kontiki's team charge back the next day. A great finish to a fun year.
                    Congratulations--I enjoyed it thoroughly and it had me watching hockey even more closely than usual--I'll take 2nd and 4th (and I was Ohhh so close to making the final) in my first crack at this.

Originally posted by Tingkai

And I think it says a lot that Kontiki made very few roster changes during the regular season and still finished on top. Proof of excellent drafting on his part.
                    I agree-- there can be no doubt he had a great draft. Looking back I can see all sorts of mistakes in mine -- Ray Emery ??? plus from the 11th round on I was essentially taking wild leaps regarding players that COULD get hot. The Zubov injury hurt my team probably more than it should as he was a good PPP guy.

I make no apologies for my wheeling and dealing nature though-- the fun for me was in trying to make guesses as to who might get hot. If I played a fixed lineup all the time I think I would have enjoyed it much less

Originally posted by Tingkai

And to everyone, it's been a slice. I've been staying away from Poly in an attempt to reduce my negativity, anger and general *******-ishness. So if I'm not around in the fall, have fun and keep the sticks down.
                    Man-- you can come back again-- its actually not THAT hard to avoid the negativity if you really want--
                    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• 29 goals.

Second worst goal scoring since Naslund got 27 in 1999-2000, and then Lever in 1978.

That's pathetic. That team and this one were very similar. They both missed out on the playoffs at the end of the wire.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• I'd actually like to see a cap on the number of player moves next year. The constant rotation doesn't really bother me that much, but I think it would make for better strategy if you only had X number of moves and had to choose wisely when to make them.
                        "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                        "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Originally posted by Kontiki
                          I'd actually like to see a cap on the number of player moves next year. The constant rotation doesn't really bother me that much, but I think it would make for better strategy if you only had X number of moves and had to choose wisely when to make them.
                          Iwouldn't mind that either but it could really shaft someone with injury issues. The current rules where you expose them to pickup AND they are unavailable for a few days mean you aren't ever going to risk anyone you care about.

The reality was that frequent moves wasn't all that great. Most of the players available were not that productive-- I never thought that I would make as many moves as I did but when Bertuzzi, Ryan, Staal and Carle ended up being bad picks by me, I needed replacements and never found good ones. If I had drafted better I would never have had to make the moves I did but I was glad for the ability to do so . I don't know that I would enjoy a sit and watch pool
                          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• I just watched Pierre McGuire's Monsters special...of his 3 finalists for Monster of the Year, 2 were Flames.

Nominees: Jarome Iginla, Dion Phaneuf, Alexander Ovechkin.
                            The winner was, deservedly so, Alexander Ovechkin, though.

I did quite like his "Monster Team" he assembled.

Can you imagine that top line? Ovechkin - Lecavalier - Iginla. That would be outstanding.

Need Ovie to defect to Canada.

Comment

Working...
                            X