X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I went to my first NBA game

And it was boring as hell.

Raptors/Heat. Blowout.

96-54. Club record for the Raptors for point differential and lowest points against. 3rd lowest points against in NBA history.

But god damn, where is the excitement? I kept looking at my watch.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Not going to be much excitement in one of the worst games in the entire league this season. Miami shot just over 25%. WTF?
    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

The excitement was in a game not involving the Raptors and the Heat
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I was also put off by the supersad douchebaggery abounding.

The "DJ" hosting the game is some kid with a sideways baseball cap? It's kind of insulting.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Typically a DJ doesn't host a game...

Though the Raptors did have a rapper on the team for a while in training camp a few years back (Master P)...

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
            Typically a DJ doesn't host a game...
            Yes, this is why it was kind of stupid.

Comment

The rest of the NBA can't be held responsible for what Toronto does ... like I said, they actually had a rapper on the team for a while. Not one of those fake Billy Crystal things, either ...

Comment

I just hate the whole rap culture crap that seems so pervasive in the NBA.

What's wrong with Queen and AC/DC?

Comment

Funny, I got the same feeling the first time I went to see a Flames game.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

You hated the rap culture at a Flames game?

I know you're not saying Flames games are boring, considering how the Canucks have only lifeless Swedes on their team...

Comment

You are correct there.

I was also put off by the supersad douchebaggery abounding.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

It is a known fact that the Canucks are 2nd only to Philly in douchebaggery.

Comment

NBA basketball is only slightly interesting come playoff time.

Otherwise, meh....

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                          X