X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by notyoueither
    Asher, I have a suggestion.

If you don't want people sniping at you, don't snipe at other people.

Make of it what you will.
    My suggestion to you is this: take note of the numbers on the draft order. Using these numbers, one can predict which place they will make their pick.

Now, you are picking a goalie. Precisely zero people have taken a goalie since your last pick. This means you cannot fall upon the excuse that someone took your pick which through you for a loop. You've had an entire weekend to think about your next pick.

What you're doing is wasting everyone's time.

My suggestion to you, sir, is to be more sensitive to that. This is not the first time you've done it, and it should have been clear that last time you did it more than a couple people found it unacceptable.

I would like this draft done as soon as possible to facilitate pre-season trades and player moves. I would like to go to bed at some point having made my pick, but your inconsiderate unpreparedness is somewhat preventing that. You are here, you have been here for quite some time, and the people waiting to pick behind you are waiting.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Asher, a couple of hours won't make a difference, nor will one day more drafting. We've all done a good job making picks this year, impressive that we did it so fast in my opinion.

Not everyone is as obsessed with this as you, nor do you know anything about the situations of others in this draft. NYE has repeatedly indicated he works until around the time he noted, so perhaps he needs to go home and have time to look over the selections. Perhaps he has a trade in the making and is considering options. Even if not, give him a couple of hours for god's sake. It's the decent thing to do.

Certainly do not accuse him of being insensitive, in any event. Everyone here can see which of you is being insensitive.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
        Not everyone is as obsessed with this as you, nor do you know anything about the situations of others in this draft. NYE has repeatedly indicated he works until around the time he noted, so perhaps he needs to go home and have time to look over the selections. Perhaps he has a trade in the making and is considering options. Even if not, give him a couple of hours for god's sake. It's the decent thing to do.

Certainly do not accuse him of being insensitive, in any event. Everyone here can see which of you is being insensitive.
        It has been several days (including a weekend) since the last goalie was taken. NYE would clearly, and is clearly, taking a goalie.

He simply does not prepare before his picks, which is insensitive. My high standards are not.

Most of my leagues had a 90 second timeout for making picks. This really is not that hard.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• This is not a suggestion, Asher.

If you insist on making personal comments, one of us will not be in this league.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

This is not a suggestion, Asher.

If you insist on making personal comments, one of us will not be in this league.
            Personal comments? I'm referring to your actions, not you. Separate the two.

I'm a bit confused by your threat though -- are you threatening to resign?

(Sidenote: I think we can all see why nye can't be commish )

Comment

• I'm glad I'm done drafting. I'm annoyed though.
              Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• As am I. This draft was like death by a thousand cuts.

The offline draft I facilitated in my Open Ice League was over in half the time, with more roster slots to fill in. We've already begun trading and player moves to fine-tune the teams.

Comment

Yes I would, and he wouldn't have initials of GF.
                  Go ahead, pick Kevin Weekes, MAKE MY DAY, *****!!!!!!!!!

It would help make today even more ****ing horrblie! (from terrblie lab to fursutions with homework to finaly having the buket of oil gress that was dirping from my roof fall on my laptop and the $100 textbook!)

Today wasn't a good day...
                  Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

• See what happened, snoopy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

Personal comments? I'm referring to your actions, not you. Separate the two.

I'm a bit confused by your threat though -- are you threatening to resign?

(Sidenote: I think we can all see why nye can't be commish )
                      Actually, you're making it clear that you cannot leave the past aside and simply have fun. The first opportunity you had, you were at it with Tingkai.

This is a large investment of time over a prolonged period of time. I have zero desire to repeat the experience of previous years with sniping back and forth and it's not something to walk away from. I'm not going to do it (put up with it, or walk away).

I'm not sure what to do at this point, but I am damn sure I am not going to live with this until April.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Actually, you're making it clear that you cannot leave the past aside and simply have fun. The first opportunity you had, you were at it with Tingkai.

This is a large investment of time over a prolonged period of time. I have zero desire to repeat the experience of previous years with sniping back and forth and it's not something to walk away from. I'm not going to do it (put up with it, or walk away).

I'm not sure what to do at this point, but I am damn sure I am not going to live with this until April.
                        No one is forcing you to talk with me or repeatedly put yourself in a position you know pisses me off (and other people). Make your damn pick, and stop whining. If you don't want to deal with it, then stop posting and just manage your team.

As for "putting the past aside", it was you that brought up the past "trade" scenarios and the like as well. Given that you know it upsets me and others when people intentionally stall and do not prepare for their pick, you've done it multiple times. You seem to be in no position to claim to be a victim here, you know exactly what you are doing.

Comment

• Well, that's unfortunately. Someone hogged a whole night.

I have to go to bed as I'm feeling under the weather. I'll be on sometime tomorrow to see if notyoueither has decided yet on who to pick with his very last draft pick.

Comment

• No one is forcing us to coexist in this league either, Asher.

It seems a number of people annoy you. I have to ask, are you in the right place? For my part, you are forcing me to say no, you are not in the right place.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

• I think you both need to cool it... NYE, please make your pick, you've taken your two hours and pissed Asher off enough if that was your intent. Asher, please cool off as well. Everyone just PLAY NICE ffs... no reason this needs to be seventh grade all over again, right?

I for one would love to be able to open this thread without expecting a neck vein popping... and I know I'm not the only one here sick of this. You're both going to have to leave each other alone if this thread is going to be reasonable.
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• The only person that truly annoys me is you, and that's because you take perverse pleasure in annoying me.

I see no other explanation why you don't just make your pick. You're wasting your time by chatting when you should be picking. You know it annoys me, and you keep doing it. Even now.

If you're trying to drive me away, it's not going to work. It's too late for you to leave, so if you're really driven to tears by me, just make your pick and be done with this thread. You don't need to visit here ever again if you don't want to. Some of us would like to get on with this draft. I know I have a couple trades I'd like to discuss with people before the season begins, but I need a complete roster to play with for that.

Make your pick, please.

Comment

Working...
                                X