• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay Detroit!!

Detroit 6
    Ottawa 6

*goes back to not caring about hockey
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Ottawa in 7
      Anaheim in 7
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Anaheim in 6
        Buffalo in 6

/me
        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Ottawa looked very convincing over Buffalo.

I'm going to have a very hard time choosing if an Anaheim Ottawa final comes about, but it would be ****ing great hockey!
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither

Remarkably, Ninot was 100% wrong across the board (winners and games played).
            I was 100% right on the winners after round 1. I picked underdogs though, hoping that would vault me into a lead. And thus I failed.
            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Not a good year to bet underdogs, until this round...
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

WOO HOO! PP goal by Zetterberg! 1-0 Wings!

Killed off a 5-on-3.

Still 1-0 after 2.
                Last edited by Lord Avalon; May 11, 2007, 21:11.
                Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Ducks tied it up early in the 3rd, Wings scored with about 5' left. Then killed off a penalty as the Ducks pulled the goalie with a couple left.

First game to the Red Wings!
                  Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                  Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.

Comment

The Wings played better than I thought they would, and Hasek was pretty amazing. I'm glad I picked 7.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

I'm beginning to regret consistently going against my gut. Before the Detroit-Calgary series, I thought, "if they get past the Flames, they won't be stopped." Then I had second thoughts against the Sharks. Got past them, second thoughts again (though more due to injuries than anything else). But the way Hasek, Lidstrom, Holmstrom, Zetterberg, and Datsyuk are playing, they might not be stopped.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I think Buffalo got screwed on that disallowed goal. The shot hit his glove and was going in before he moved it.

I also think the rules should be changed to allow goals off the glove if it's still on the stick, and the player is trying to hit the puck with the stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon
                          I also think the rules should be changed to allow goals off the glove if it's still on the stick, and the player is trying to hit the puck with the stick.
                          That would be retarded.
                          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I think a goal should be a goal should be a goal. It's a hard ****ing thing to intentionally kick or bat a moving puck on net; it ought to count.
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Why would it be retarded? There's talk about wanting more goals, making the nets bigger. So what's the big deal?

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                                It's a hard ****ing thing to intentionally kick or bat a moving puck on net; it ought to count.
                                It's even harder to redirect a slapshot with the blade of your stick, but people do it all the time. If you allowed hand and foot goals then you would see a whole hell lot more of them, and as far as I'm concerned, that would be a shame.
                                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Killing it is the new killing it
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X