Stanley Cup Playoff Pick 'Em 2007 part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lord Avalon
    Hasek gives it away but Lidstrom makes the save!
    That was retarded.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

That was retarded.
      Yes, indeed. On the bright side (besides Lidstrom's save) Hasek will be pissed at himself and be even more motivated to perform well.
      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

I've noticed that the goaltenders have really had itchy feet during this playoff season.

You'd think they'd realise that they can do the most good between the pipes, not as a ****ty 6th skater.
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

They're probably thinking they gotta get to the puck before it crosses the end line.
          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.

Comment

I was wondering if that was it, but they've had a whole year to get used to the rule changes.

Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Hasek has looked like a retarded all post-season. I want no one to lose more than that diving coward.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

2 years?
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                  Hasek has looked like a retarded all post-season. I want no one to lose more than that diving coward.
                  It would be a real ***** next year when arguing with people if he just won a Stanley Cup.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                    2 years?
                    Yeah, yeah...
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Well, you are right from the POV of a Sens fan.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

Wings win 2-0, 4-2!

Comment

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

As I count it:

KH 12 + 5 = 17
                            gjramsey 9 + 5 = 14
                            nye 8 + 5 = 13
                            Asher 6 + 6 = 12
                            Cinch 10 + 2 = 12 (picks in late; judgment call whether to count or not)
                            flubber 7 + 4 = 11
                            Cavalcadeus 7 + 3 = 10
                            Tingkai 10 + 0 = 10
                            joncha 8 + 1 = 9
                            Ninot 9 + 0 = 9 (congrats!!! only shutout so far; all other 0s simply missed picks)
                            Sparrowhawk 5 + 4 = 9
                            Guynemer 5 + 3 = 8
                            BK 0 + 2 = 2

Maggie 4 + ??? (have the picks, but not the number of games predicted)
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I'm consistent, *****es.

Comment

And now for the next round...

Anaheim over Detroit in 7

Ottawa over Buffalo in 7

Ducks/Wings is tough, for sure. Will Pronger return to form? Is Hasek outplaying Giguere? Will Anaheim's "kid line" show up? Will Detroit get secondary scoring? Both teams can shut down the other's top line... This could be a surprisingly low-scoring affair. Maybe.

As for Sens/Sabres... Well, this could go either way, again, but I look at it this way: the Sens destroyed a very good New Jersey team; the Sabres barely beat (I know, not in number of games, but in level of domination) a very good Rangers team. Both Emery and Miller are playing well. Ottawa's got the deeper defense, while Buffalo's got the deeper offense. Still, with the Sens' top line firing on all cylinders--and provided they don't choke!--they should be able to take it in 7.
                                "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
                                "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
                                "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

Working...
                                X