Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Football Thread XVII : Champions League Final and beyond..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cort Haus
    They're known as the "bin-dippers" to many fans, and "stand up if you've got a job" is a popular taunt.

(Sorry, reds)
    No worries mate. In the 70s and 80s Liverpool fans used to pride themselves on being able to go to away games in Europe with no money and just thieve their way around the continent.

Comment

• In south america we say

el que no salta es un ......brasilero/argentino/chileno etc

which means

The one who is not jumping is a/an .... whoever your rival is (brasilian, argentine, englishman etc)

So the whole stadium starts jumping..
      I need a foot massage

Comment

• BTW people if you liked the Messi goal I posted earlier, then watch this, Ariel Ortega has like 10 goals, of that kind, but better, what a waste of talent he was

I need a foot massage

Comment

• Originally posted by reds4ever

No worries mate. In the 70s and 80s Liverpool fans used to pride themselves on being able to go to away games in Europe with no money and just thieve their way around the continent.
          From the posts I read on a Liverpool board after the final against Milan, not much seems to have changed.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Originally posted by Colon™
            I'm not too sure about English teams but I'm sure there are examples amongst the rivalries between Liverpool and Everton, Manchester United and Manchester City, Bristol City against Bristol Rovers, the various London teams etc.
            In England football is traditionally a working-class sport. There are no bourgeoise clubs, AFAIK. I gather than many of the Italian local rivalries are originally based on class lines, though.

Post #500. Time for a new thread - for a new season.

Comment

• Continue, here:

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
              X