Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Football Thread XVII : Champions League Final and beyond..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Football Thread XVII : Champions League Final and beyond..

Continued from:

Older threads (added by Locutus):

World Football Thread XV - Life after the World Cup
    World Football Thread XIV - Italy: Hail to the Champions
    World Football Thread XIII - to Berlin
    World Football thread XII
    World Football Thread XXX - Germany 2006
    World Football Thread X - Germany 2006
    World Football Thread IX - Weltmeisterschaft Ausgabe
    World Football Thread VIII - The beautiful game?
    World Football Thread VII
    World Football Thread VI
    World Football Thread V
    World Soccer Thread IV
    World Soccer thread III
    World Soccer Thread II
    Worldwide Soccer Thread I
    Newcastle vs. Spurs gloating thread.

A recap: Todays semi final:

Anyway back back on track. A deserved win for Liverpool over the two legs and showing up:

A) that Lampard isn't fit to lace Stevies boots
    B) that both Cole and Drogba are a disgrace to the game
    C) that Robben hasn't been a decent player for the last 2 years
    D) that Terry is a world class defender, to play along side Essien at centre half in a CL semi final and only concede once is some feat
    E) that Mourinho is a .........I'll leave it at that.

And can a Mod please correct my spelling in the tread title? Sorry!
    Last edited by Locutus; May 11, 2007, 07:49.

C'MON YOU REDS!

Take that as you will...Good bye quadruple...
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
      Oh, the ignorance of the English...

Milan is the only Italian team that *doesn't* play Italian football, which is why I'm a fan (When they aren't being corrupt and getting away with it, that is )
      It's on and off with Milan. While they've had some great attacking players (Weah is one of my favourite players), they still play slow possession football when they're in control of the game, or try to stop the game constantly when they can't keep possession. A total contrast to even England's most defensive team, Liverpool. Who are always driving forward for more. Milan don't take enough risks, but what does it matter as long as they win in the end, right?

But horrendously ugly and foul football or not, it's still a valid way to play the game. If you can't counter that, you're not a true champion. Teams like Juve and the Italian national team never deserve to win anything, but neither does any team that can't beat them...
      If a team can't beat them because they're slowing the game down by cheating, then they do deserve to be beaten. There's has always been a different mentality, just look at Argentinian football, it's passed on. It's not ignorant, it's arrogant and knowingly unsporting.

Besides, this year the CL was dominated by English football, which might not be nearly as bad as the Italian style but even with its heavy European influence it's still bloody awful...
      Chelsea have been awful at times, but at least they don't value keeping possession over a quick risky long ball. Although that style hasn't been as successful in Europe as the EPL. They could learn a lot from Man Utd there.

B) that both Cole and Drogba are a disgrace to the game
      Drogba was embarrassing.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Just wondering, but will Fergie retire if he gets the Treble this year? He'll have proved that the first time wasn't a fluke.
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

He'd be a mug not to really. It would be an amazing feat, lets hope it doesn't happen..:O)

Comment

Sorry, I'd like to see Fergie win the Treble. Mourinho couldn't touch him after that.

Oh, and Liverpool are going to get crushed. I'm willing to bet 1 line in my sig for 12 months if you want...

Comment

Fergie isn't even in the final yet....Milan have 2 away goals. You have a bet!!

One line, with no comebacks in the other lines and you have a bet!

Comment

Re: World Football Thread XVII : Champions Leauge Final and beyond..

Originally posted by reds4ever
                And can a Mod please correct my spelling in the tread title? Sorry!
                And can you link to the previous thread? And can the same mod, please copy/paste the links I had posted in
                the OP of the previous thread
                through edit post? I'm not going to do that layout-work all over again you know.
                Last edited by Colonâ„¢; May 1, 2007, 20:41.
                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Apologies Colon, its been a long night.

Comment

Heh, AC Milan will give Liverpool a good run for their money.

Deal.

Comment

Manchester United > Liverpool
                      Liverpool > Ac Milan

Manchester = AC Milan

www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

You're an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Doddler
                          Manchester United > Liverpool
                          Liverpool > Ac Milan

Manchester = AC Milan

You have a more direct comparision. ie Milan keep kicking ManUs arse and knocking them out of competitions. This'll be be the 4th time on the bounce....

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
                            You're an idiot.
                            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Its going to be some ****ing game tomorrow.
                              I am quitetly optimistic, if Ferdinand plays we will be sweet.

Please dear god do not let us watch Heinze at centre half, ever again

Cracking game, Liverpool - Chelsea. The mood at Anfield sounded immense as usual.
                              When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

Comment

Working...
                              X