Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And people talk about the Bears facing any tough teams this year? How about the Saints. Look at their schedule. They lost to the 3 AFC teams they played... Baltimore (understandable), but then to Pittsburgh and Cincinnati?

The Saints were able to beat up on the Falcons (not hard to do), Tampa Bay (not hard to do), and the Giants (again... not hard to do).

They squeaked by against Philly both times they face the Eagles.

People are acting like the Saints are some juggernaut here. Sure, they have some weapons on offense. But they are a very beatable team. I watched their defense only get 1 sack and get no picks off of an aging Jeff Garcia. And outside of Colston being able to jump, I don't see him being much of a receiving threat against the Bears D. Speed receivers can exploit the Bears, but they will cover Colston like a blanket. The running game is where the Saints might have a chance against the Bears, but if the Saints defense can't pressure Grossman to force turnovers; I don't see how the Saints offense is going to match the Bears offense.

It's about balance. The Bears aren't the dominating defensive force they've been. But they have they are much better on special teams and can still make big, clutch plays on defense (like late in the 4th quarter last Sunday) when they need to.

The Bears can match the Saints offense. That's not a problem. The Bears don't do any one thing really great which works to their advantage. You can pressure Grossman, but then Jones and Benson will run it down your throat. You can try to cover Berrian, then Muhammad or Clark will beat you (or Rashid Davis).

The Saints have one receiver and their running game is going to face a challenge going against the likes of Briggs and Urlacher. Reggie Bush may be fast, but not even Michael Vick could run away from Urlacher.

The intangibles are going to be the difference in this game. The turnovers... the freak plays... maybe Devin Hester returns one for a touchdown... I don't know. This is by no means a lock for either team. As the cliche goes, "any given Sunday..."
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar

It's clear what the masses think, though. They think that the Bears are going to get owned because they're sticking with a crap quarterback. I don't believe the Bears will get owned, but I do believe they have a crap quarterback.
      Did you even watch the game on Sunday?

282 yards... 1 interception (that was Muhammad's fault)... he wasn't forcing the ball... and he made clutch throws when he needed to.

If you think that is what a crap quarterback is, what do you call a QB who throws 5 interceptions in 2 playoff games?

oh yeah... Peyton Manning.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• It is my opinion that anyone who thinks either of these games will be blowouts, as of right now, is a fool (watch now one of these games turns out to be a blowout). Too many question marks in both of these games.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Saints
          Colts

These last few years, and I have yet to give New England their due credit. I see no reason to start now.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I'm not saying the Saints will blow out the Bears. All of the teams that have made it are good, but have their mediocre moments. Or in the case of the Patriots, are mediocre with their good moments.

Unless one team brings its good and the other its mediocre, which is pretty unlikely, all the games will be close

Interesting fact: If the Bears or when the Colts win, it will be the first time a team has been led to the Superbowl by a black coach.

For as nice as the Bears were, they weren't inspiring against Seattle. The times that I have seen the Saints play have been inspiring. That's all I can say.

LT is absolutely right. The Patriots have no class, and are the white trash of professional football for this week until they present a cleaner act at Indianapolis.
            meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

• Bears
              Colts

I reserve the right to change these picks, but I really don't think I will. I think a blowout is possible in either game, in either direction, because the playoffs are just that crazy. But the more likely scenario is that both the Bears and the Colts squeak by.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• A blowout is possible in the NFC game (either way) because of the possibility of turnovers that the Bears could give up and because of the potential for takeaways the Bears defense could get plus the potential for Devin Hester to get a touchdown (or two) or fumble (a few times).

However, I suspect that game will be similar to the games both these teams had in the divisional round. The scoring will probably go back and forth and it will come down to who makes the least amount of mistakes going down the stretch in the fourth quarter. Clutch plays will be key in the end.

In the AFC game? I'm not sure about this one. I tend to think the Colts offense is going to continue to struggle, but Tom Brady is going to step up. But because I said that, the opposite will happen.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• No, you're right Sava. Manning is going to choke again.
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Drake and Sava agree?
                    OK, Colts by 20.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Patriots
                      Saints

Originally posted by mrmitchell
                      LT is absolutely right. The Patriots have no class, and are the white trash of professional football for this week until they present a cleaner act at Indianapolis.
                      LT is a sore loser. Who says his team wouldn't have acted the same way if the tables were turned?

Comment

• LT is absolutely right. The Patriots have no class

If you ask me, there isn't much class anywhere in the NFL. Ask yourself this question:

What, exactly, where the Patriots mocking?

Answer: Shawn Merriman's ('roid boy) special dance he does every time he sacks someone. Are you ****ing kidding me?

-Arrian
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Who of these players was the most valuable in the divisional playoffs?

Tom Brady
                          Drew Brees
                          Rex Grossman
                          Robbie Gould
                          Adam Vinatieri
                          Deuce McAllister
                          The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Spoiler:
                          Who of these players was the most valuable in the divisional playoffs?

29%
                          Adam Vinatieri

27%
                          Tom Brady

24%
                          Deuce McAllister

9%
                          Drew Brees

6%
                          Robbie Gould

5%
                          Rex Grossman

Total Votes: 70156
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Saints
                            Colts.

The almighty Brady's line in that last game.

Brady (27/51/3) 280, 2 TD

Rivers (14/32/1) 230, 0 TD

Compared to:

Tomlinson: 23-123, 2-64, 2 TDs
                            Faulk/Dillon: 14-45, 2-11, 0 TDs
                            Turner: 3-24, 1 TD

Chargers backup outperformed the Patriots running game.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• The Bolts did everything but win. Stupid DB fumbling after the INT cost them their season. I don't see how you can blame Shottenheimer for that.

Winning is a habit, and the Pats are addicted.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• The almighty Brady's line in that last game.
                                Terrible.

Of course, you may want to have a gander at Mr. Manning's stat line from his last game...

Anyway, seems to be that the Colts have the edge in talent and home field, but bettin' against the Pats is always dangerous. Works for me. I don't bet.

-Arrian
                                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                                X