Rank Today's Hockey Goaltenders, Top 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asher

Again...he's written for many reputable hockey magazines and he has one of the most popular hockey blogs around. You may downplay the importance of people like him, but he gets read more regularly than similar bufoons like Mike Brophy (who is a certifiably douche, despite having lots of oldschool journalistic "cred").

This is a very pathetic way to dismiss a sound argument, by the way...you seem to think that everyone in the world thought the Raycroft deal was good, while it VERY MUCH was not.
    I almost missed this joke.

It's easy to sell freelance stories to publications in Canada. Lots of people do it. That doesn't make them experts.

This guy is just a blogger, and not a very good one either.

A sound argument? Only you would say that.

He contends the Leafs should have picked Legace as their starter. This is a goalie who Scotty Bowman did not have faith in as a starter. Instead of using Legace as a starter, the Wings went out and got Cujo, and then Hasek, and even hired Hasek again rather than put their faith in Legace.

And yeah, Legace has looked good in the past couple of weeks, but look at how he played in October and November.

Oh, and Mirtle thinks the Leafs also should have considered Dunham (another old backup goalie) or Brian Boucher (another old backup goalie) or Martin Prusek (not even in the NHL this year).

He also suggested Hasek and Cujo (please note this is not a typo, it is a nickname for Curtis Joseph), but the Leafs need a goalie who can play for a couple of years until Pogge is ready. (although part of me would like to see Cujo back)

Your buddy has simply proven my case that the Leafs needed a no. 1 goalie and Raycroft was the best viable option.
    Golfing since 67

Comment

• Originally posted by Tingkai
      You do know the point is where the blue line meets the boards?

In the Sundin play, Phaneuf was at the point, tries passes ahead to Tanguay (up along the boards, not anywhere near the point). Sundin intercepts, races past Phaneuf (who trips over himself), fires a shot from the Flames blue line that handcuffs Kippersoft for a short-handed, game-winning goal in overtime.

The blame cannot be put on Playfair or Tanguay.
      Can't you two get over this? Does it really matter who was to blame for a single goal in overtime 2 months ago?

Tangs or Phaneuf or Kipper . . .. who cares? All players make mistakes, even the very best and all that matters in the long run is how often you make them and whether you learn from them.

Thats why, for instance, I take no delight in a single goof-up by any player. So when Asher shows another huge McCabe miscue, its really not a big deal. BUt what is relevant is if a player has a lot of them. To Asher's delight, McCabe fits the bill there too.

So . . . I don't care who caused that goal. It doesn't matter. What will matter is the respective positions those teams hold at the end of the season. Time will tell on that.
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• oops dp
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Based on recent play, I'd say Brodeur has retaken #1. He's been on a tear as of late.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
          X