X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asher

That's what I'm talking about.

Sundin is cap'n.

Asher-- accept when someone is mostly agreeing with you for cripes sake .
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• I think Toronto should trade Sundin for Philly for another quality d-men to complement their current lineup, like Hatcher.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• On Telqvist. ITs not like the guy didn't get a chance last year. He got 25 games and had a 3.13 GAA and .895 sv%. THats actually pretty consistent with the 2.97 and .894 in 11 games the year before.

OH and as we speak there are 33 goaltenders with a sv% better than .895 ( source is nhl.com and only includes keepers with a threshold of playing time that seems to be around 11 games)

I realize he is at 1.44 and .942 with Phoenix but I think I will wait for more than two games before anointing him a superstar.

ON a career basis, both Aubin and Raycroft have superior numbers.
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• The Columbus Blue Jackets sing Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer: https://www.bluejackets.com/multimed...er.php?id=2813

Pictures: https://www.bluejackets.com/multimed...:5565&num=1:14

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I think Toronto should trade Sundin for Philly for another quality d-men to complement their current lineup, like Hatcher.

Ya a 34 year old d-man at minus 11-- thats exactly what they need

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber
              Ya a 34 year old d-man at minus 11-- thats exactly what they need
              He would fit right in.

He's up to -11 now? That's a huge improvement from a few weeks ago.

I think he was -22.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber

THIS Flames fan never was in a panic. I WAS concerned about their general poor play early. Now I remain concerned about their inability to win consistently on the road and I still wish they had more scoring. I see their strengths and acknowledge their weaknesses
                No, I wasn't referring to you. You usually provide a balanced analysis of teams, and when the Flames were losing, you weren't round screaming about firing the coach.
                Golfing since 67

Comment

• Originally posted by Tingkai
                  No, I wasn't referring to you. You usually provide a balanced analysis of teams, and when the Flames were losing, you weren't round screaming about firing the coach.
                  I'm still not fond of the coach until he can figure out how to play away games.

Comment

NOpe -Try to give the guy a chance-- In the early days I didn't think it was due to Playfair that Regher seemed unable to take out his man or that KIpper didn't make a save

Comment

The point is Telqvist is not a "third string goalie", as his recent performances have shown. He's a lot better than the Leafs gave him credit for, I'd prefer him over Aubin any day.
                      You don't know nothing about hockey.

He was the #3 goalie with the Leafs. That's a fact. Raycroft and Aubin did a better job. Telqvist had his chance and he did not deliver.

Now, he gets traded and he's doing well. That doesn't have anything to do with the Leafs. There are numerous cases where a goalie sucks on one team, and then becomes much better on another team. Look at Cujo, a guy who was not drafted, struggle with teams until he joined the Leafs.

What you don't realize is that the difference between being a great goalie and an average goalie is in the brain. Look at Roy in Montreal during his last season there. Being traded to the AVs was the best thing that could have happened to him and if he had stayed in Montreal, it would not have been good.

Telqvist needed a change of scenery to get his game together.

Anyways, two games is not enough to judge what Telqvist can do, although I hope he keeps it up.
                      Golfing since 67

Comment

You don't know nothing about hockey.
                        I agree. Thanks.

Now, he gets traded and he's doing well. That doesn't have anything to do with the Leafs.
                        You sure it doesn't have to do with your awful defense?

Even Phoenix has better defense. Ouch.

Comment

Am I the only one that's noticed the Leafs have a far better record over the past two seasons without Sundin than with? What kind of captain is that?
                          WTF are you talking about. When Sundin is playing, he is the dominant player on the ice. This is a guy who has over 500 goals, almost 700 assists and averaging a point a game. For you to suggest that he is not a leader just shows how little you know about the game.
                          Golfing since 67

Comment

I agree.
                            Geek.

When you learn how to skate, come and talk to me then.
                            Golfing since 67

Comment

WTF are you talking about. When Sundin is playing, he is the dominant player on the ice. This is a guy who has over 500 goals, almost 700 assists and averaging a point a game. For you to suggest that he is not a leader just shows how little you know about the game.
                              The stats speak for themselves, Tingkai. A lot of players are good on the ice, but this doesn't make them good leaders.

The Leafs are far worse, record-wise, with Sundin in the games over the past two seasons. Explain that if it has nothing to do with him.

Comment

Geek.

When you learn how to skate, come and talk to me then.
                                When you learn English, come and talk to me then.

Comment

Working...
                                X