Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montreal falls in OT and Ottawa gets crunched-- it seems Edmonton may bring canadian teams to .500 on the night as they lead Carolina 2-1--- its a weird game but the big thing so far is that Cam Ward does not look strong at all
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• I didnt see the game, but from what I hear on the radio and from friends, the Habs were lucky to even score 1 goal, nevermind get to Overtime.
      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• The Oilers gutted one out. One less game closer to Smyth and Hemmer coming back. Hopefully Stoll isn't out after he stiffens up.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
          The Oilers gutted one out. One less game closer to Smyth and Hemmer coming back. Hopefully Stoll isn't out after he stiffens up.
          That accurate IMHO. It wasn't pretty but Edmonton did what was necessary to win.

Oh and Asher-- the key 3rd goal was scored by PISANI
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Ninot
            I didnt see the game, but from what I hear on the radio and from friends, the Habs were lucky to even score 1 goal, nevermind get to Overtime.
            I only saw the highlights but their goal was ok and in fact Montreal led 1-0 for much of the game

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber
              That accurate IMHO. It wasn't pretty but Edmonton did what was necessary to win.

Oh and Asher-- the key 3rd goal was scored by PISANI
              Key? The key goal is the GWG.

Pisani's was an insurance goal. What was it, his second of the season?
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Toronto just blew another 3rd period lead for their 6th straight loss.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber

I only saw the highlights but their goal was ok and in fact Montreal led 1-0 for much of the game
                  And had how many shots?

Habs had a good win tonight though. Generally had control of the game all night long. Ryder coulda scored a handful of goals but he's really snakebitten right now.

Comment

• And Telqvist has been outstanding since the trade.

Bet the Leafs could use some consistent goaltending right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                      And Telqvist has been outstanding since the trade.

Bet the Leafs could use some consistent goaltending right now.
                      No worries, they have a strong defensive core.

Comment

• And their offense will surely be buoyed by the Tyson Nash acquisition. Cup contenders, baby.

Comment

• Nieuwendyk calls time on 20-year career

By Larry Fine
                          Thu Dec 7, 6:49 PM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) -
                          Joe Nieuwendyk officially ended a 20-year National Hockey League career on Thursday after winning three Stanley Cups with three different teams, saying he was ready to be a fan.

"I think the game has made great strides with some of the rule changes they've made," the 40-year-old, who won NHL titles with Calgary (1989), Dallas (1999) and New Jersey (2003), told reporters in a tele conference.

"It's obviously made it faster, and the young kids coming into the game today are young, they're fast and strong, and to see some of the things they're doing, the Sidney Crosbys, (Alexander) Ovechkins, it's fun to watch those kids now," said Nieuwendyk, who finished his career with the Florida Panthers.

"They play at such a high level with great speed, I'll be a fan for many years."

Nieuwendyk missed 14 games this season due to back problems. In the 15 games in which he appeared for Florida, the forward notched five goals and had three assists.

The former college star at Cornell said he might look for opportunities to remain in hockey, but for now was eager to spend time with his family.

"I have three kids under the age of five, so I guess immediately I'm looking forward to Christmas with them, and then we'll see where life takes us," he said.

Nieuwendyk, who also played one year with his hometown Toronto Maple Leafs, scored 564 goals to stand 19th on the all-time goal scoring list. He added 562 assists for 1,126 total career points.

A member of the 2002 Olympic gold-medal winning Canadian team, Nieuwendyk won the Conn Smythe Trophy in 1999, awarded to the NHL's playoff MVP in helping Dallas win the Cup.

He also earned the Calder Memorial Trophy as top rookie of 1988 when he posted 92 points (51-41-92) for the Calgary Flames.

Nieuwendyk did not dwell on individual achievements during his illustrious career, but had a quick response when asked if he recalled details of the 50th goal in his rookie season.

"Can I remember it? I sure can. A little shot from Gary Suter from the point, I snapped on the rebound and pulled it to the forehand and it went off the inside post and up top. I vaguely remember it," he said, drawing laughs from reporters.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Great player. But time to go.

Comment

• 40. I imagine he is ready to call it a day.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Yup, the Leafs are in a slump, but unlike some Flames fans who would be screaming in panic, there's no need to worry.

All teams go through slumps, but it is a long season so the Leafs have time to get things in order. The Sens, Bruins and Flames all looked like crap in the early part of the season, but have pulled together.

And while people who don't know hockey will blame the McCabe or a meaningless trade, fact is it's just part of what all teams go through.

Right now, the biggest barrier is the Leafs's lack of confidence in the third period. They're getting tight and playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

So Asher, enjoy it while you can, cause it won't last long.
                                Golfing since 67

Comment

Working...
                                X