This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
    With the Bears on hold til MNF, I went out to get some RL stuff done today. Tuning in now, I can't believe Miami actually shut out New England.

WTF happened down there?
    Brady went to Miami. The same thing that usually happens when he goes down there. It was actually somewhat close until Wilfork and Watson went out. At that point the defense went under trying to fill the giant holes in the middle left by Wilfork, Seau, and both safties and the offense went under without its top back and top receiver. Brady always plays bad against Miami, so he couldn't ride to the rescue, and Jason Taylor destroyed the beat-up O-line.

To be honest, most in New England had already put this down as a loss, its just the magnitude was bigger because of injuries.
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Tomlinson does it!

29 TDs in a season!

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
        I'd rather the 'boys play that trash Baltimore than Chargers.
        Chargers might win.
        I wouldn't count on that ticket yet, Tex. Especially with the showing so far tonight, and Baltimore has a far, far better defense.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I've been all in on the Chargers for a long time, and I'm not changing my mind. Not only do I think they're the best team in football, but I don't think anyone else is close. They were my Super Bowl pick in the LHL after they improved to 4-1, and I've never once regretted that pick.
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• My hat's off to Saints. You don't come to Dallas and walk all over them. Good job.
            Actually, congrats to Brees. Sucker was on fire.

Still say Chargers vs. Cowboys in Super Bowl.
            Last edited by SlowwHand; December 10, 2006, 23:05.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Drew Brees is clearly the season's MVP in my mind.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar
                Drew Brees is clearly the season's MVP in my mind.
                I think there are many out there (me included) that would agree.

Psst... the link in your sig is borked.

Comment

• NFC MVP. Tomlinson for AFC.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• I'd take Brees overall.

The touchdown record's been broken by four different players recently: Marshall Faulk, Priest Holmes, Shaun Alexander, and LaDainian Tomlinson. What's becoming increasingly clear is that in any given season, if a great back is on a good offense, he can pile up a spectacular number of touchdowns. Tomlinson's probably not any different than he was three years ago. He just happened to have circumstances this year that allowed him to get huge numbers of touchdowns. Swap him for Larry Johnson, and LJ would have a big pile of touchdowns in San Diego too. In the same vein, if Tomlinson was on the 2005 Seahawks, he would have kicked ass last year.

A compromise that they've done a lot lately is to name a QB as the MVP, but name a running back as the Offensive Player of the Year. I think they should probably do that this year.

MVP: Drew Brees
                    Offensive Player of the Year: LaDainian Tomlinson
                    Defensive Player of the Year: Jason Taylor
                    Offensive Rookie of the Year: Marques Colston or Joseph Addai
                    Defensive Rookie of the Year: DeMeco Ryans
                    Coach of the Year: Sean Payton

Comment

• Colston, easily. 7th round? No question.

Comment

• I'd throw Maurice Jones-Drew into consideration for Offensive Rookie. He's been doing pretty well down there even before today.

Comment

• Colston's the better story, sure. Their production is more or less equivalent.

Addai has 867 yards rushing, 259 receiving.
                          Colston has 917 receiving.

That's more or less a tossup. There are still three games left. I think they're pretty far ahead of the rest of the pack, but either one of them could end up the most productive.

Honorable mentions to Maurice Jones-Drew of the Jags, Jerious Norwood of the Falcons, and Marcus McNeill of the Chargers.

Comment

• Check it out. Ditka said last week that NO was the best team in football. But still, all we heard from the hot air, no brain types at ESPN was Dallas this, and Dallas that. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Well Ditka was right, at least insofar as Dallas is concerned.

But the nodding heads of group think will again change their tune if the Bears win big tomorrow.

It was these same "informed" idiots at ESPN, do I need to name names, that said that Carolina was the best team before the start of the season. Crap. All they are good at is predicting history, foretelling the past, and looking like fools.
                            http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• You do realize that Ditka works at ESPN, right?
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Bears won't beat Cowboys or Saints with Grossman at QB. End of story. Bears management insists on putting load on Grossman over running game. Grossman makes a good secomd strimg QB that you try to upgrade.

Comment

Working...
                                X