It's The Ashes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's The Ashes!

First Test, ace spinner Panesar has not been selected by England, and Australia have won the toss.

Us Pommie Baaaastards are gonna get slaughtered.

Yep, we're going to get battered.

Comment

*Asher
      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

I do not approve of this thread.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

England bowling first. Not terribly well though.

I support my usual 2 favourite teams. NZ and anybody playing Australia. Go England!

Comment

First session to Oz, surprise surprise. Could have been worse than 109-1. 150-0 looked on the cards at one point.

I'll awake to Langer's 150, I expect.

Comment

Originally posted by ravagon
              NZ
              Well, you've got Billy Bowden to cheer. We haven't seem his hup-hup-hup-six signal yet though. Maybe later when they get stuck into Giles.

Comment

Monsieur Bowden is probably the only umpire in the world I would really like to see totally cleaned out by a misplaced (or well-placed depending upon how one looks at things) hook shot.
                The guy is a world class twit. I think he may actually be Australian.

A month or so ago he would've been neck and neck with Daryl Hair but, thankfully, that problem has been taken care of now. Heh.

England didn't finish too badly. A couple of good Ponting shots in the last few overs were all the Aussies had. That may've been a little pre-lunch caution though.

Comment

Normally I just ignore cricket as a spectator sport for exceedingly dull people, but when the Ashes series is held in my own city, making normal parking zones into no more than 15 minute parking, which in turn makes getting to work and finding somewhere to park quite problematic, I start wondering where a Jihad extremist is when you need one.
                  Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

The greatest weapon in the English arsenal strikes again. Lunch. Bye bye Mr Langer.

* I forsee a Havak comment involving the many utilities of the pork pie in the not too distant future *

Comment

WHY IS HARMISON STILL IN THE SIDE KILL HIM

Comment

Is Cricket similar to Mornington Crescent?
                        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Its more entertaining.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                            I do not approve of this thread.
                            Thats because Canada has been contaminted by the French and the Yanks.
                            Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                            Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Canadians don't play cricket? That is grounds to have them ejected from the Commonwealth.
                              Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Working...
                              X