No announcement yet.

It's The Ashes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're just sucking up to the bullies to the south. Otherwise they get taunts of "George the third! George the third" from over the border.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
      Is Cricket similar to Mornington Crescent?
      Heres a synopsis of the rules for those unfortunate enough not to know the game:

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out to the middle where he is in until he's out, at which point he comes back in and the next man goes out to be in until he's out.
      When they're all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in out.
      Sometimes you get men still in and not out. When both sides have been in and out including the not outs, that's the end of the game.

What could be simpler?

Comment

you could almost use that for baseball
        Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
        Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out to the middle where he is in until he's out, at which point he comes back in and the next man goes out to be in until he's out.
          When they're all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in out.
          Sometimes you get men still in and not out. When both sides have been in and out including the not outs, that's the end of the game.
          I was for this game, before I was against it!
          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

I think that Canada should stay in the Commonwealth, but that Australia should be kicked out of the ICC for having the score the wrong way round!

Apologies if the rest of the country do things properly, but this is based on the Channel 9 coverage that the BBC are using for highlights on their website (sorry, only available to UK broadband users). But even so! 0/4 means that the batting team have scored no runs and have lost 4 wickets, not the other way round.

Comment

Originally posted by TheStinger
              you could almost use that for baseball
              Baseball = Cricket, except with the good rules thrown out and new rules from Rounders, a girlie game, thrown in.
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Weird. Every time I've seen the cricket on tv, its been reported as score / wickets.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

IAN BELL IS BRINGING HOME THE ASHES!!!!!!!1

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
                    I think that Canada should stay in the Commonwealth, but that Australia should be kicked out of the ICC for having the score the wrong way round!
                    QFT.

I suppose the mitigating circumstances are that in Australia, everything is upside down.

Comment

I can see why Ponting is World #1 at the moment.

Comment

I feel sorry for Freddie...

Harmison too, actually...

We needn't worry though. With Ashley Giles to shore up the batting a score of 600+ is clearly on the cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Bkeela
                          Normally I just ignore field cricket as a spectator sport for exceedingly dull people, but when the Ashes series is held in my own city, making normal parking zones into no more than 15 minute parking, which in turn makes getting to work and finding somewhere to park quite problematic, I start wondering where a Jihad extremist is when you need one.
                          fixed

Originally posted by Ninot
                          Is Field Cricket similar to Mornington Crescent?
                          fixed

Originally posted by Bkeela
                          Canadians don't play field cricket? That is grounds to have them ejected from the Commonwealth.
                          fixed

Originally posted by LordShiva
                          Baseball = Field Cricket, except with the good rules thrown out and new rules from Rounders, a girlie game, thrown in.
                          fixed

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                          Weird. Every time I've seen the field cricket on tv, its been reported as score / wickets.
                          fixed
                          I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

Paul Collingwood - brilliant 200

A great start by England, but my only worry is that the run rate has been too slow. Another 50 runs and there would be an excellent chance of enforcing the follow-on. Despite the early wicket, I'm sure 'Punter' Ponting and others will dig in and make plenty of runs.

Seeing the negative tactics he used with Warnah, he may have been going for the draw since day two. If England can't win the match after winning the toss on a great batting pitch, it's hard to see where the needed victories will come from.

Comment

I reckon the Aussies will get a draw out of this pitch quite easily.

I'm astounded they didn't pick Panesar yet again.

Comment

The Australians have finished the 3rd day at 5/311, about 240 runs behind. The best result for the Australians would appear to be a draw now, but if a few quick wickets fell tomorrow, then a loss by the Aussies is well and truly on the cards. The aging bowlers of the Aussies have not got wickets and therefore the selectors seriously need to look at strengthening the attack with young bowlers like Shaun Tate, very fast, but can also give runs away, but still likely to take more wickets, and more wickets is definitely what Australia needs

Comment

Working...
                                X