No announcement yet.

It's The Ashes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm astounded they didn't pick Panesar yet again.

Why? The English are racists. It's fine for Monty to be the sports hero of the summer (in order to show how multicultural and enlightened England is), but to actually let a brown man represent England in the Ashes is beyond the pale...
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

The selections are ridiculous, and I would be calling for Fletcher's head if Panesar was not picked for the next game. The problem is not with the batting. There is no reason to pick someone who can bat at number 8 if the batting is top notch as it was in the first innings.

The way it is going Australia are going to rack up their 500 odd against England's toothless attack and thats a draw right there, and you can't really afford too many of those one down in the series.

It's a bit like going into a race with a Ford Mondeo you know will make it round the track, get your 3rd or 4th but wont win anything, or getting a TVR 500 out of the garage which may not even finish the race but is the fastest car out there. Show some balls Duncan

Comment

I could shoot Ashley Giles right now. The idiot just dropped the Ashes imo.

You do NOT drop Ponting - especially when you're in the side because you're supposed to be a better fielder than your rival.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
          I'm astounded they didn't pick Panesar yet again.

Why? The English are racists. It's fine for Monty to be the sports hero of the summer (in order to show how multicultural and enlightened England is), but to actually let a brown man represent England in the Ashes is beyond the pale...
          This is not an English decision, its a Zimbabwean one.

Comment

Or should I say a Rhodesian one.

Comment

Serves you lot right for choosing a white player who has sat out a year over a brown player in top form...
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus

You do NOT drop Ponting - especially when you're in the side because you're supposed to be a better fielder than your rival.
                Ditto Geraint Jones. You're in the side because you're supposed to be a better batsman than his your rival, and he's got an average in the teens after 3 innnings.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten

Serves you lot right for choosing a white player who has sat out a year over a brown player in top form...
                  The Nation doesn't pick the team - the coach does. Most England fans are fuming at Fletcher's decision not to play Monty.

Comment

Originally posted by Terra Nullius

fixed

fixed

fixed

fixed

fixed

Comment

Originally posted by Frozzy

The way it is going Australia are going to rack up their 500 odd against England's toothless attack and thats a draw right there, and you can't really afford too many of those one down in the series.
                      QFT. While its nice to see 3 days of quality batting you have to wonder what the groundstaff did to the pitch to make it so... boring! I can't remember the last test where only 11 wickets fell in the first 3 days.

It's not as if either team have tried to push the run rate along either... I'd be surprised if Australia bats for a second innings to be honest.

Hopefully the WACA's wicket will have a bit more fire to it

Comment

Originally posted by trev
                        The Australians have finished the 3rd day at 5/311, about 240 runs behind. The best result for the Australians would appear to be a draw now, but if a few quick wickets fell tomorrow, then a loss by the Aussies is well and truly on the cards. The aging bowlers of the Aussies have not got wickets and therefore the selectors seriously need to look at strengthening the attack with young bowlers like Shaun Tate, very fast, but can also give runs away, but still likely to take more wickets, and more wickets is definitely what Australia needs
                        For Australia to lose this test requires us to lose 15 wickets in 2 days (180 overs), with a break for the poms to put on some runs in the middle - I really can't see that happening on this pitch or against England's current attack.

As for our bowlers - you forget quickly that McGrath took 6 wickets at the Gabba last week, he may be old but he's still a superb bowler. As for Warney, think it's plain to see that he hasn't managed to have the same impact as of old since the diuretic doping scandal; I can remember his early bowling when he destroyed Mike Gatting and he's barely a shade of what he was then. And Clark looks the goods at the moment, a new version of McGrath perhaps...

Comment

McGraths 0 for 107 reminded me of the old joke:

What do you call an Englishman with over 100 runs to his name in a single innings?
                          A bowler.
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Awww

See that's the lovely thing about the English.

They're so c.u.t.e when they lose.
                            I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
                              McGraths 0 for 107 reminded me of the old joke:

What do you call an Englishman with over 100 runs to his name in a single innings?
                              A bowler.
                              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Tim_Augustus

QFT. While its nice to see 3 days of quality batting you have to wonder what the groundstaff did to the pitch to make it so... boring! I can't remember the last test where only 11 wickets fell in the first 3 days.

It's not as if either team have tried to push the run rate along either... I'd be surprised if Australia bats for a second innings to be honest.

Hopefully the WACA's wicket will have a bit more fire to it
                                I'd heard the Wacca's lost its umph these days.

Its a problem around the world, pitches are all becomming dull. You need a pitch where 350-400 is a good score not par and you don't need to bowl in excess off 90mph to be effective
                                Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                                Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Working...
                                X