Running Civ2 in the modern era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Civ2 in the modern era

Tips for running Civ2 in the modern era.

Civ2 is starting to get a little long in the tooth.

I managed to get the full version of civ working (including wonder videos and sound), once again this morning. Transferring to another computer. There's now three patches that are required.

1. Install Civ2 from the CD. I still have MGE.

2. You'll need both of the patches, the Civ2XP64 patch and the Civ2x64Editbox patcher. This fixes two x64 bugs that can cause the game to crash badly.

3. You'll need a codec tweak tool, in order to bypass windows shutting off the Indeo video codec. My indeo video hack will start up the indeo video codec, but Windows will allow the codecs to install but won't let the codec run.

Free software download links. Codec Tweak Tool, MediaInfo Lite, VLC Player, and more.

This can be found here. The codec tweak you're looking for is under ACM/VFW x86 in the codec management section.

This will get everything working aside from wonder videos. To get the wonder videos to run, download them directly from the CD. Heralds for some reason runs properly, but the wonder videos do not, you might as well transfer everything over as it's not large.

If anyone still wants files/etc I have them all along with the needed tools to install the full game. Let me know.

I hope everyone is doing well!

​
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

howdy Ben, glad to see you stop by once in a while

Comment

Well he's a newly married man and all. He'll take me a couple of weeks to figure out everything once I can find the files.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

my god that was back in the tribes day

Comment

Working...
          X