Politics Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From that link

When questioned again by FBI agents in 2023, Mr Smirnov allegedly changed elements of his story and made new allegations after claiming to have met with Russian officials.
    Blah

Comment

• Just came across this:

Jailed Russian politician Alexei Navalny has died in a penal colony, the country's prison service says.

Banning him for running against Putin couple years ago wasn't enough to silence him, so poison and prison followed.

IIRC he was more on the nationalist, anti-immigration side in his early years, but moved away from that over the years. However, his early POVs did not get him into trouble, this only started to get serious when he became more and more pro-democracy, anti-corruption - which automatically set him against Putin.
      Last edited by BeBMan; February 16, 2024, 09:51. Reason: Link fixed
      Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
        Hunter Biden and Burisma: FBI source charged with lying about Biden bribe claims

​https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68313086
        unfortunately this is about as useful to clear the cloud of suspicion surrounding the Biden's business dealings in Ukraine as revealing the Steele Dossier to be a complete work of fiction was for clearing the cloud of suspicion surrounding the Trump's business dealings in Russia.

Comment

• Berzerker
          Berzerker commented
          Editing a comment
          We know the Biden clan was getting $$$ from Burisma

• We have countless scams and illegal activities by Donald Trump.

Other than plagiarism? do we have any examples from Joe Biden?

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Our resident "moderate" Guy thinks Trump should be above the law but thinks Biden should be prosecuted for imaginary crimes.
          Last edited by EPW; February 17, 2024, 21:47.
          "

Comment

• Originally posted by EPW View Post
            Our resident "moderate" Guy thinks Trump should be above the law but thinks Biden should be prosecuted for imaginary crimes.
            Did they delete their post? In the immunity thread perhaps? I couldn't find anybody moderate or otherwise who advocated that Trump be held above the law there but I'd love to see their reasoning

Comment

• You think the entire system of civil law should be done away with because you disagree with a ruling that went against Trump.
              "

Comment

• Originally posted by EPW View Post
                You think the entire system of civil law should be done away with because you disagree with a ruling that went against Trump.
                Lol so I'm the "moderate" you had in mind who thinks trump should be above the law?

No I don't think the entire system of civil law should be done away with because of the ruling that I involves trump. I've wanted the entire system of civil law abolished for decades because it's crap. You are obviously jumping to defend that system because you see it injuring Trump. That entire system of civil law is grossly absurdly expensive and only delivers about as much "justice" as trial by combat, magic 8-ball or reality call in TV show.

But now at least I know you were capable of reading these threads and concluding that I advocated placing Trump above the law. That's special

Comment

• Navalny's mother still hasn't seen her dead son's body

Ever since Alexei Navalny died his mother has been trying to get access to his body.

This morning, she visited the mortuary in a town near the Arctic prison where he was held, but she was not allowed inside.
                  Staff did not confirm whether Navalny's body was even being kept there. Navalny's spokeswoman says his lawyer was pushed out of the building.

She now says the investigative committee have extended the investigation into the politician’s death, which the prison service says happened suddenly, on Friday.

There is no timeframe for any results. And no official explanation for the delay in establishing the cause of his death. So Navalny’s team are accusing the authorities of attempting to cover up what’s happened.

One reason they want access to the body, is to check for any obvious external signs of injury.
                  It’s not clear whether or not an autopsy has been performed yet. All we know for sure is that Navalny died suddenly in his prison. That he was there because of his opposition to Vladimir Putin. And that even after he was locked away, he spent almost a third of the time in solitary confinement, in punishment cells.

His team’s deep suspicion comes from their experience three years ago, when Navalny was poisoned with a military grade nerve agent, and the authorities stalled for a long time before allowing his family to fly him abroad for treatment and testing.

​
                  Bibbus
                  Blah

Comment

• They need time to make sure the forensic evidence is no longer detectable. Hard to come up with a palatable excuse though so they're at a loss for words for this once.

Comment

• "Both mRNA vaccines from Pfizer and Moderna were associated with instances of myocarditis, inflammation of the heart muscle, which occurred more than was expected in the study, with the condition having a significant observed-to-expected ratio consistently after the first, second and third doses.

Significantly higher than expected cases of pericarditis, inflammation of the sac-like structure that surrounds the heart, were also observed following first and fourth doses of Moderna’s vaccine."

Thats from a big study with ~100m people up to 42 days after injection(s)

I dont know what observed-to-expected means

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                        -Jrabbit commented
                        Editing a comment
                        "how many we actually saw" vs "how many we expected to see"

• Originally posted by Geronimo View Post

Lol so I'm the "moderate" you had in mind who thinks trump should be above the law?

No I don't think the entire system of civil law should be done away with because of the ruling that I involves trump. I've wanted the entire system of civil law abolished for decades because it's crap. You are obviously jumping to defend that system because you see it injuring Trump. That entire system of civil law is grossly absurdly expensive and only delivers about as much "justice" as trial by combat, magic 8-ball or reality call in TV show.

But now at least I know you were capable of reading these threads and concluding that I advocated placing Trump above the law. That's special
                      what reforms do you have in mind?

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                        "Both mRNA vaccines from Pfizer and Moderna were associated with instances of myocarditis, inflammation of the heart muscle, which occurred more than was expected in the study, with the condition having a significant observed-to-expected ratio consistently after the first, second and third doses.

Significantly higher than expected cases of pericarditis, inflammation of the sac-like structure that surrounds the heart, were also observed following first and fourth doses of Moderna’s vaccine."

Thats from a big study with ~100m people up to 42 days after injection(s)

I dont know what observed-to-expected means
                        It means they observed 1.5 case per 100,000 vaccine doses when the baseline expectation was 1 in 100,000
                        Last edited by Dauphin; February 19, 2024, 22:46.
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• pchang
                          pchang commented
                          Editing a comment
                          And those messed up people had myocarditis?

• Berzerker
                          Berzerker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          much more serious... One will likely die, he's in a wheelchair now and in bad health. I dont know if it was clotting or an immune response or which vax did the damage.

• Dauphin
                          Dauphin commented
                          Editing a comment
                          1 per 100,000 is the prevalence rate of myocarditis in the absence of a Covid vaccine, based on observed rates in general population before Covid-19 was a thing.

• FWIW, the rate from COVID is higher than the rate from the vaccines. so your still better off with the vaccine if you think you are reasonably likely to ever catch COVID.

Comment

• #precedingpostblocked as spam..

Comment

Working...
                          X