No announcement yet.

Politics Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's be clear... A jury found that he had sexually abused her and defamed her in the first trial.
    Your comment that he couldn't get a fair trail is total opinion and BS. He lost the case based on the FACTS. The jury did their job.
    The law was changed to remove the statue of limitations to help VICTIMS, NOT to prosecute Trump as you imply.
    And he wasn't just claiming he was innocent.. He went totally overboard and to this day continues attacking her, even after two losses in court (talk about a total moron)
    And I see you failed to mention all the other women who have claimed similar activities on his part.

But as usual, you defend him by just reposting things you've seen in internet videos as if it was all true.
    For a person who "claims" he doesn't like Trump, you sure defend him all the time... even when he's acting like a total ass.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• If Trump wants to clear his name, maybe he can counter-sue Carroll for defamation by her saying that he sexually assaulted her. He won't win, but he can try.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• X fact checks Snopes

Joe Biden wore a construction helmet backwards, Snopes said 'false'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
          Let's be clear... A jury found that he had sexually abused her and defamed her in the first trial.
          Your comment that he couldn't get a fair trail is total opinion and BS. He lost the case based on the FACTS. The jury did their job.
          The law was changed to remove the statue of limitations to help VICTIMS, NOT to prosecute Trump as you imply.
          And he wasn't just claiming he was innocent.. He went totally overboard and to this day continues attacking her, even after two losses in court (talk about a total moron)
          And I see you failed to mention all the other women who have claimed similar activities on his part.

But as usual, you defend him by just reposting things you've seen in internet videos as if it was all true.
          For a person who "claims" he doesn't like Trump, you sure defend him all the time... even when he's acting like a total ass.
          Survivors of sexual assault and advocates helped pass the Adult Survivors Act in New York that was instrumental to Carroll’s civil case.

The law created a 1 year window and she filed on the 1st day. Now if the goal was helping victims of assault why a 1 year window? They would have done it for 1 day if they could get away with it.

Comment

• Blah blah blah... you make it sound like it was for ONLY her. It was for MANY VICTIMS. But you don't care about any of the victims... just Trump. Again, your opinion is just that... not fact. But feel free to promote the maga agenda and supporting Trump.
            And I notice you still haven't mentioned all the other women that testified against him.
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

• If they cared about victims they wouldn't limit this to 1 year... Tara Reade? Thats the only other name I know.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                -Jrabbit commented
                Editing a comment
                Obviously, you have chosen to "forget" everything Trump has denied. Here, let Wikipedia refresh your memory...

Ivana Trump
                Jill Harth
                E. Jean Carroll
                Summer Zervos
                Alva Johnson
                Jessica Leeds
                Kristen Anderson
                Lisa Boyne
                Cathy Heller
                Temple Taggart McDowell
                Amy Dorris
                Karena Virginia
                Karen Johnson
                Mindy McGillivray
                Rachel Crooks
                Natasha Stoynoff
                Juliet Huddy
                Jessica Drake
                Ninni Laaksonen
                Cassandra Searles
                Bridget Sullivan
                Tasha Dixon
                Samantha Holvey
                ...and the list goes on and on and on...

This doesn't even include the dressing room invasions during beauty pageants, parties with Jeffrey Epstein's trafficked young ladies, the infamous "grab 'em by the *****" admission, the documented affairs during all his marriages, and much, much more.

And it doesn't include his business practices, which are arguably even more reprehensible.

I don't care who it is, this type of self-dealing vermin should never be allowed near the levers of power.

• Berzerker
                Berzerker commented
                Editing a comment
                I recognize 2 names on that list, Ivana and Carroll. And how many of those names should I have known, not that I trust Wiki?

• There were multiple women... but you don't care about the victims... only Trump
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Berzerker
                Berzerker commented
                Editing a comment
                So? You're not answering my question - why did they create a 1 year window if this was about victims and not a legislative loophole to go after Trump? I'm not sure retroactively creating liability is constitutional so I'd challenge the law on that basis alone. I should be defending the Democrats instead? They're doing damn near everything they accused Trump of doing.

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post

His instructions included a clear explanation of the meaning of preponderance of evidence. So I do not think this framing is accurate.
              Did you find a link to the complete instructions?

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                I’m innocent!

You douchebag!!!!

Do you see the difference between those 2 statements?​
                It can't matter in this case or frankly in the first case either. Obviously Trump and anyone else should be free to insult a public figure like Carroll and even to essentially ruthlessly libel and slander her with the same freedom extended to do so towards any public figure. Thanks to the grossly inappropriate result of the first case and legal abominations called estoppel and defamation per se, the situation has been created where even if Trump only asserted his innocence he will incur damages even if that is all he does and refrains from otherwise saying bad things about his accuser no matter how much more painfully obvious her public figure status has become.
                Last edited by Geronimo; January 29, 2024, 01:27. Reason: A little more clarity

Comment

• EPW
                  EPW commented
                  Editing a comment
                  200+ years of legal precedent disagrees with you(Geronimo).

• Berzerker
                  Berzerker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Calling someone an ugly liar is worth millions? Can Trump sue people insulting him? I think the libel/slander has to do more 'damage' than the words of a schoolyard bully. You know, like accusing Trump of being a traitor.

• EPW
                  EPW commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think she should get more. He's the former President of the United States, a self-proclaimed billionaire, and has millions of lunatic followers. She could very well get murdered. I think the harassment she is now getting and debasement she gets from people like you and Geronimo is more than enough proof that the verdict and punishment were extremely justified. Frankly, **** you.

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                There were multiple women... but you don't care about the victims... only Trump
                You mean multiple cases not involving Trump that moved forward only because of the change in law that also allowed Carroll's case against Trump to proceed? You're correct. The passage of the Adult Survivors act has already allowed several cases not involving Trump to proceed.

I do not, however, understand what was special about that one particular year that made it makes sense to disregard statute of limitations during it but not to do so after it. It's almost like lawmakers were especially anxious to see cases move forward that year. Why not make it permanent?

Comment

• Berzerker
                  Berzerker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  He means multiple women accusing Trump. The law was designed for Trump, thats why it isn't permanent. They would have made it for 1 day so she could file but even Democrats might have seen that as suspicious... maybe lol. The Constitution prohibits ex post facto or retroactive legislation and thats what they did in NY.

• Evil Finland was voting yesterday. They liked it so much they go into a second round. Evil, evil.

Blah

Comment

• "It's hard to find on Google, so here's what you need to know about E. Jean Carroll, most of which was deemed "inadmissible" by the judge:

- She couldn't recall the date, month, season, or year the incident happened
                  - She never told anyone about it, despite being publicly obsessed with her own sexuality.
                  - The dress she claims to have been wearing didn't exist at the time
                  - Her description of the dressing room at Bergdorf Goodman was inaccurate, making her sequence of events impossible
                  - Her lawsuit was bankrolled by Jeffrey Epstein pal and Democrat (and Nikki Haley) mega-donor Reid Hoffman
                  - Democrats created a law (The Adult Survivors Act in 2022) to enable her lawsuit to proceed
                  - Her accusation is the exact plotline of an episode of Law & Order (one of her "favorite shows")
                  - Trump's Apprentice was also one of her favorite shows
                  - She has a history of falsely accusing men of r*pe, including Les Moonves
                  - She told Anderson Cooper, "most people think of r*pe as being sexy. Think of the fantasies."
                  - She made a career promoting promiscuity, even writing glowingly of sexual assault and naming her cat Vag_na"

Politically targeted retribution under the guise of justice..."

from No Jo From Jerz on X

Comment

• “They are in front of my house all the time. I have a feeling for what feelings they have. But we have to think about what we’re doing. And what we have to do is try to stop the suffering in Gaza. This is women and children, people who don’t have a place to go, so let’s address that. But for them to call for a cease-fire is Mr. Putin’s message, Mr. Putin’s message. Make no mistake, this is directly connected to what he would like to see. Same thing with Ukraine. It’s about Putin’s message. I think some of these protesters are spontaneous, and organic and sincere. Some, I think, are connected to Russia. I say that having looked at this for a long time.”

When Bash followed up to ask whether she was actually stating that these protesters are “Russian plants,” Pelosi doubled down and said that the groups and their financing “should be investigated.”

and she represents San Francisco! Holy shi'ite

Comment

• Berzerker
                      Berzerker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      isn't that sweet of her to be thinking about women and children in Gaza while accusing advocates of a cease fire of being traitors

government is a magnet for sociopaths

• Originally posted by Geronimo View Post

Did you find a link to the complete instructions?

See Section III of the second link.

As point of law, the jury were not being instructed to assess if Trump was guilty of sexual assault, or that prior statements were defamatory. That had been settled by a prior civil jury trial - and is where a lot of the garbage about 'inadmissible evidence' is coming from - the case was settled, the facts were already determined in that case and were not open for re-litigation. They were being asked specific questions about the level of damages, as set out in the instructions, and the jury verdict form

Comment

• As a practice, I like to read the actual trial documents, rather than news coverage. Media often lie by omission.

Comment

• pchang
                        pchang commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Media often have no idea about they are reporting on as well.
                    Working...
                    X