Politics Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
    With the ouster of Claudine Gay as prez of Harvard comes another feeding frenzy. Some rich guy who pushed to fire her is married to a woman with plagiarism in her past lol. Oh boy, glass houses. The Billionaire Bill Ackman is now pissed off at Business Insider for asking his wife about the accusation. He attacked her so somebody went after his wife and he's angry because family is supposed to be off limits unless they're involved. And in this case I agree, she isn't involved. Nevertheless, she isn't really the issue, he is. He's the one using plagiarism to drive the Harvard prez out of office.

What do ya think?
    I think if plagiarism is unacceptable it needs consequences when it comes to light. If consequences aren't necessary then it should be made acceptable. It makes perfect sense that people connected to those who have faced consequences for plagiarism would be the first to raise the hue and cry when they see someone else apparently getting away with it.

I think if someone's glass house was smashed in we shouldn't be surprised when they are quick to smash in other glass houses especially if the people living in them have the same job descriptions as the people who took it on themselves to smash their glass house in the first place.
    Last edited by Geronimo; January 8, 2024, 09:45. Reason: Duplicate word hopefully not suspicious to remove

Comment

• "The court documents show that Sarah Ransome, an Epstein victim, stated that Trump had relations with "many girls" and that Epstein kept blackmail videos of Trump, Richard Branson, Prince Andrew and Clinton. She claimed to possess the videos Sarah Ransome also called Trump a "Paedophile [Pedophile] in an email. She eventually retracted her comments saying: "no good" would come from sharing her claims to the public. "I want to walk away from this... I shouldn't have contacted you and I'm sorry I wasted your time. It's not worth coming forward and I will never be heard anyhow and only bad things will happen as a consequence of me going public."

Epstein Files

Comment

• The women of The View accused a doctor of misinformation for claiming the vaccine didn't prevent infection and transmission. Joy Behar was jabbed several times and got covid.

a doctor said they could have easily tested for transmission... maybe they did and knew it didn't prevent the spread of covid and withheld the knowledge. They lied to us and vaccinated people got infected and took covid home to their uninfected loved ones who were then blamed for getting infected.

Comment

• Berzerker
          Berzerker commented
          Editing a comment
          How does this one work and why weren't we told? That doctor was right and the unlicensed women of the view accused her of being a shill spreading misinformation and should be censored. The you might be a redneck guy should do a new routine, you might have TDS if you think Tony Fauci achieved sainthood.

• pchang
          pchang commented
          Editing a comment
          All vaccines work the same way. They train your immune system to recognize a pathogen. The effectiveness depends upon how accurately the vaccine pathogen matches the actual pathogen a person encounters and the vagaries of a particular persona’s immune system. Everyone was told this. Vaccines do not guarantee that any particular individual will not get sick nor do they guarantee that anyone can be prevented from transmitting a disease. Again, everyone was told this.

• Berzerker
          Berzerker commented
          Editing a comment
          We were told the vaccine prevented infection and spread of covid. Then we were told about rare 'breakthrough' cases. In the late summer of '21 as lockdowns relaxed for the vaccinated covid infections spiked as the vaccinated got infected and spread it to their loved ones.

"The court documents show that Sarah Ransome, an Epstein victim, stated that Trump had relations with "many girls" and that Epstein kept blackmail videos of Trump, Richard Branson, Prince Andrew and Clinton. She claimed to possess the videos Sarah Ransome also called Trump a "Paedophile [Pedophile] in an email. She eventually retracted her comments saying: "no good" would come from sharing her claims to the public. "I want to walk away from this... I shouldn't have contacted you and I'm sorry I wasted your time. It's not worth coming forward and I will never be heard anyhow and only bad things will happen as a consequence of me going public."

Epstein Files
        You are guilty of some crime (sexual predator, paedophile, etc). An accuser comes forward and you are under pressure. Hire someone to make similar but more bombastic allegations. Demonstrate their allegations are without merit or have them recant. Doubt is placed on the instances of actual crimes. Spread enough **** everywhere and no-one knows what to believe or just doesn't believe any of it - even the parts that are true.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• I think anyone accused of murder post-Jack the Ripper is basically innocent because they can always point to Jack the Ripper having murdered ppl before. Of course Jack the Ripper could point to ppl being murderers before him, but then it's Jack the Ripper, and who on earth would believe this guy?
          Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post

You are guilty of some crime (sexual predator, paedophile, etc). An accuser comes forward and you are under pressure. Hire someone to make similar but more bombastic allegations. Demonstrate their allegations are without merit or have them recant. Doubt is placed on the instances of actual crimes. Spread enough **** everywhere and no-one knows what to believe or just doesn't believe any of it - even the parts that are true.
            Maybe QAnon played that role. Whenever multiple media outlets all focus on the same 'story' somebody might be establishing a narrative to distract, like how Russia and Trump became the story when Democrat emails were leaked showing them rigging their own elections.

Comment

• The Maga nonsense continues...
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBMan View Post
                I think anyone accused of murder post-Jack the Ripper is basically innocent because they can always point to Jack the Ripper having murdered ppl before. Of course Jack the Ripper could point to ppl being murderers before him, but then it's Jack the Ripper, and who on earth would believe this guy?
                He was never convicted, so we must conclude he was innocent.

Comment

• Unless there's t-shirts around saying he's evil of course.
                  Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                    The Maga nonsense continues...
                    QAnon became a national story pushed by Democrat media as Epstein cases were coming to light. The establishment was getting out in front of the scandal by inventing and discrediting QAnon over some pedophile ring and a pizza parlor. It worked for a while but now the voices of the victims are finally being heard.

Comment

• QAnon became a nations story because they sprouted so much crazy BS "theories" that many people actually believed.
                      They didn't need any help from anybody.
                      But knowing you, you probably believe half the crap they put out there since it is on the internet.

Keep on Civin'

Comment

• "They"? I never heard of QAnon until Democrats made them a story.

Can I hate Tony Fauci for unleashing a disease on the world killing millions with a billion more with shortened life spans, my sister included?

Comment

• Fauci did NOT unleash a disease on the world. FACT.

You might argue how the US reacted to the disease, but MANY MANY people are to blame for that. Trump included.
                          So I guess now you hate all doctors and scientists.

And QAnon made themselves a story with their total BS claims. It was really low hanging fruit.
                          And I'm surprised you had never heard of QAnon considering many of the sites you consider as true sources of information.
                          Did you ever find any more Nazi pictures to post...
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Berzerker
                            Berzerker commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Photos are all over the place, even children hailing cabs, so are monuments and streets to Nazis like Stephen Bandera. Thats why the photo works

• pchang
                            pchang commented
                            Editing a comment
                            The photo only works for you. You want to believe so badly that you will grasp at anything.

• I have a suspicion that QAnon started as one guy thinking "I wonder how stupid people really are"
                          I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                          Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                          Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

"They"? I never heard of QAnon until Democrats made them a story.
                            Sean Hannity, Alex Jones, Roseanne Barr, are....Democrats?

Comment

Working...
                            X