Politics Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
    Realistically, it was an attack on anyone claiming they had a cure for Covid without any actual facts to back it up.
    Ivermectin was one of several claimed cures. None had sufficient evidence-based science to claim efficacy (and the Ivermectin crowd was not claiming prophylactic effects at the time). That why we have the FDA and CDC.

I remain amazed at people's ability to keep a straight face when simultaneously claiming the vaccines were not properly vetted and a threat to us all, but hydrocloroquine/ivermectin/etc should be used enthusiastically and without question with no study at all.

Why do you hate science?
    The term you are looking for is possibly 'Footballification'. A term to describe the way that the blind, unquestioning loyalty of football fans has been transferred to political figures, parties and movements.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
      Realistically, it was an attack on anyone claiming they had a cure for Covid without any actual facts to back it up.
      Ivermectin was one of several claimed cures. None had sufficient evidence-based science to claim efficacy (and the Ivermectin crowd was not claiming prophylactic effects at the time). That why we have the FDA and CDC.

I remain amazed at people's ability to keep a straight face when simultaneously claiming the vaccines were not properly vetted and a threat to us all, but hydrocloroquine/ivermectin/etc should be used enthusiastically and without question with no study at all.

Why do you hate science?
      The attack on Ivermectin was a message brought to us by Pfizer. Because of regulations they might not get emergency authorization if there were existing treatments and medicines so the narrative attacked what was available and people died. This Kory guy is one of the Ivermectin crowd and they did a study on prophylactic effects, but people with covid were looking for help so the efficacy of Ivermectin in various stages of the infection mattered to them. Did Ivermectin have "any" effect? Yes, it helped, moreso taken early, very little later. That trend was consistent in the studies I saw. Whether or not that help reached a 'significant' bar set by the study's authors is irrelevant to the people who survived covid. I'm sure people with covid were taking a few meds to combat the bug, Joe Rogan took 4 including Ivermectin and he's hardly at risk given his health.

The Brazilian study was looking at people taking Ivermectin before infection, not after. Yes people selling Ivermectin (doesn't Pfizer sell it?) have a conflict of interest, but Ivermectin was relatively cheap and widely available. The narrative downplayed effective ways of avoiding more serious harm from covid, from vitamin supplements to getting exercise and sunshine. We locked down instead and rushed vaccines. You're arguing the attack on Ivermectin was so people with covid wouldn't use it. What else were they supposed to use? Ivermectin has a safer track record than the vax.

Comment

Ivermectin does nothing against COVID. We can't have a rational discussion about the safety of mRNA vaccines because nutjobs like Rogan and Bret Weinstein keep pushing the ****.
        "

Comment

The studies dismissing Ivermectin show it can help and dosing before infection provides even better protection. The gripe is it doesn't help enough with sick people. Tell that to the person who survived covid because of Ivermectin.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
            -Jrabbit commented
            Editing a comment
            FTFY: Tell that to the person who believes they survived Covid because of Ivermectin.

• Berzerker
            Berzerker commented
            Editing a comment
            People did survive covid because of Ivermectin, studies on both the prophylactic and therapeutic use show a benefit. Arguing about how 'significant' that benefit is misses the point.

Originally posted by EPW View Post
          Ivermectin does nothing against COVID. We can't have a rational discussion about the safety of mRNA vaccines because nutjobs like Rogan and Bret Weinstein keep pushing the ****.
          mRNA is just simply amazing technology. I believe it can literally change the world of medicine and save millions of lives....hmmm...maybe I should say millions of MORE lives. Only someone who hasn't taken the time to understand the science and just wants to jump on conspiracy theories would believe otherwise.
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

yeah I dont think they said that

Comment

• -Jrabbit
              -Jrabbit commented
              Editing a comment
              Give Jimy Dore a few minutes and he'll explain to you how we should have known the future results of studies not yet begun.

• Berzerker
              Berzerker commented
              Editing a comment
              what WHAT?

Ex-president Jair Bolsonaro is barred from running for office by the top electoral court.

Might run as Trump's VP guy instead. Not sure if legally allowed, but that was always secondary for T
            Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post

As I recall, when Trump was president Democrats were warning people about his vaccine. They were the vax skeptics before the election, then they lied and mandated it under Biden.
              I call BS on your one-way selective memory.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

well, here ya go... JD has compiled some of the evidence

​​​​​​https://youtu.be/-iElSovzJ5U

Comment

This just in. Posted for Berz's pleasure...

Federal Prosecutor Denies He Was Prevented From Bringing Charges Against Hunter Biden

David Weiss said he stands by his previous statement that he has "ultimate authority" over the case involving the president's son.

By Arthur Delaney
                  Jul 1, 2023, 09:54 AM EDT

The federal prosecutor overseeing the case against President Joe Biden’s son on Friday denied that he had been hamstrung by the Justice Department.

An IRS whistleblower has claimed that Delaware U.S. Attorney David Weiss said he couldn’t bring charges against Hunter Biden outside of Delaware, contrary to statements from U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland.

Weiss himself previously said in a letter to congressional Republicans that he has “ultimate authority” to bring charges against Hunter Biden in any jurisdiction, and he said Friday that this is still the case.

“I stand by what I wrote,” Weiss said in a letter to House Judiciary Committee Chair Jim Jordan (R-Ohio). Weiss has not previously responded to the whistleblower allegation.

House Republicans have threatened to impeach Garland over the whistleblower claim, which they allege is more evidence that the Justice Department is biased against former President Donald Trump and protecting the Biden family.

But Weiss was appointed by Trump and kept on by Joe Biden so that he could continue his investigation into Hunter Biden, whom he charged last month with tax crimes in Delaware. The younger Biden has agreed to plead guilty to misdemeanors for failing to pay federal taxes and to enter a diversion program to head off a felony charge over illegal gun ownership.

Before the charges were brought, a supervisory special agent from the IRS criminal division named Gary Shapley claimed Weiss said during an October meeting that he couldn’t charge Biden in Washington, D.C., or California because the U.S. attorneys in those jurisdictions wouldn’t cooperate.

Republicans made Shapley’s testimony public after Weiss announced the Biden plea deal, which they described as a slap on the wrist.

Weiss said in his Friday letter that even if prosecutors in other states didn’t want to partner on the case, he had been “assured” that Garland would let him bring charges in Washington, California “or any other district where charges could be brought in this matter.”

House Republicans this week asked Weiss, as well as other Justice Department and IRS officials, to sit for transcribed interviews about the Hunter Biden case, but Weiss said in his letter that he couldn’t provide details about the investigation. He denied that the Justice Department retaliated against Shapley.

Separately on Friday, Hunter Biden attorney Abbe Lowell blasted Republicans for making Shapley’s testimony public and suggested that Shapley himself might have been under an internal investigation for misconduct.

“The timing of the agents’ leaks and your subsequent decision to release their statements do not seem innocent ― they came shortly after there was a public filing indicating the disposition of the five-year investigation of Mr. Biden,” Lowell said in a letter to House Ways and Means Chair Jason Smith (R-Mo.). “To any objective eye your actions were intended to improperly undermine the judicial proceedings that have been scheduled in the case.”

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Taliban doing the Taliban thing:

Women's freedoms have steadily shrunk since the Taliban seized power in 2021.

Blah

Comment

happy 4th

The Biden clan violated all sorts of laws Joe wrote to seriously - cruelly - punish people for money laundering and drugs. He's proud of Hunter but your kids go to prison. Meanwhile the politicians and bureaucrats argue about privilege as if justice really is their goal.

Comment

I notice you haven't brought up the Trump Mafia... and all the laws they have broken. They are the biggest crime family in politics.
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                          I notice you haven't brought up the Trump Mafia... and all the laws they have broken. They are the biggest crime family in politics.
                          spoken like a true liberal. Biden could dis-own his own granddaughter and you would defend him and cry trump trump trump trump. oh wait. i guess biden did do that. can you see your own blind brain-dead hate. didnt think so. enough said.
                          Last edited by My Wife Hates CIV; July 4, 2023, 20:11.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                            -Jrabbit commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I don't recall seeing Ming defend Joe Biden over Hunter's out-of-wedlock kid with an Arkansas stripper.
                            Also, "not acknowledging as grandchild" is not the same as "disowned."

But whatever, dude. Keep moving those goalposts. Eventually, you'll score.

It is hard to imagine not pointing out how utterly horrible and inappropriate Trump was and is as a president and potential president and comparing him unfavorably to Biden. Even if Biden turns out to combine the worst parts of Bush, Nixon and Clinton.

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                          X