No announcement yet.

Politics Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeSantis has dropped leaving the neocons with Nikki... Does she become the nominee if Trump is assassinated or imprisoned or forced out some other way?

Comment

• Tony Blinken wants to supply Gaza with food and water

and Israel with tank shells

Comment

• Lead 9-11 hijackers were motivated by Israel's attack on Lebanon. Bin Laden said he was inspired by an Israeli attack on buildings in Beirut.

Comment

• she was a “massive” fan of Trump’s show “The Apprentice.”

“I was a big fan of the show. Very impressed by it,” Carroll testified,

The woman who accused Trump of rape really liked his show

Is it common for rape victims to love watching their rapist on TV?

NY(C?) legislature changed the law to allow her to file that lawsuit.

Comment

• That ship has sailed. He was found GUILTY. And then he can't keep his mouth closed.
            But I'm sure you love defending him.
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Berzerker
              Berzerker commented
              Editing a comment
              This man raped you? Yes. You loved his TV show? Yes. It wasn't a rape trial, it was a civil lawsuit over defamation. For the court to side with her it assumes the rape happened, otherwise Trump calling her a liar would be protected speech.

• Ming
              Ming commented
              Editing a comment
              For somebody who claims to not like Trump... you sure defend him like you do like him

• Berzerker
              Berzerker commented
              Editing a comment
              I defend truth

• Could be an open convention if Trump gets cancelled after winning the primaries. I think Vivek would endorse DeSantis but Christie could make his presence unavoidable with Trump out of the picture. He and Nikki vs DeSantis and Vivek. I think DeSantis gets the nomination.

Comment

• DeSantis is toast for now. He's shown what a loser he is. His mini Trump style didn't play well with the base, and most others simply think he's terrible. He doesn't speak well, his policies on some issues just won't fly with people who aren't in the Maga cult.
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

• ...The city is housing migrants in the hotel and he was told that he needed proof to show that he was a migrant to enter. After being asked for documentation to show he is undocumented, he left. - Jonathan Turley talking about his friend's effort to find a hotel room

They wanted him to document he was undocumented

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                  DeSantis is toast for now. He's shown what a loser he is. His mini Trump style didn't play well with the base, and most others simply think he's terrible. He doesn't speak well, his policies on some issues just won't fly with people who aren't in the Maga cult.
                  I think it's funny that you mention that Desantis doesn't speak well after these years of Trump and Biden.

Comment

• I never said either of them did speak well
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                      Could be an open convention if Trump gets cancelled after winning the primaries. I think Vivek would endorse DeSantis but Christie could make his presence unavoidable with Trump out of the picture. He and Nikki vs DeSantis and Vivek. I think DeSantis gets the nomination.
                      Or... maybe Trump wins the primaries but he's damaged so much by the legal charges and polling shows him losing badly the GOP replaces him. Kamala will be president going into the '28 election

Comment

• the best speaker was Christie, Vivek is good but too fast and ethereal

Haley's a good speaker, DeSantis isn't bad but there's a blandness about him

God I hope the Democrats replace Biden with someone, he's Bush III

Comment

• Arizona GOP party Chair Jeff Dewit tried bribing Kari Lake to sit out the senate race, powerful people wanted her out of the way. She went public with the recording.

correction: governor's race?
                          Last edited by Berzerker; January 23, 2024, 20:22.

Comment

• Berzerker
                            Berzerker commented
                            Editing a comment
                            she's running for the Senate

• Was Jan 6 a coup? Not according to Glenn Greenwald and he makes a convincing argument.

Comment

• And MANY MANY MANY other make convincing arguments that it was... Your point?
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                            X