No announcement yet.

Politics Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worse for trump to compare his opponents to "vermin" or to all of his opponents to compare him to Adolf Hitler?
    Last edited by Geronimo; November 14, 2023, 12:49. Reason: depends on the definition of the word "is"

Comment

• pchang
      pchang commented
      Editing a comment
      If the little mustache fits, wear it.

• It depends, are there ways that Trump's opponents are acting like vermin or that Trump is acting like Adolf Hitler?

JM
    (Have all of Trump's opponents compared him to Adolf Hitler? If so... what does that say about him? )
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geronimo View Post
      Is it worse for trump to compare his opponents to "vermin" or to all of his opponents to compare him to Adolf Hitler?

The former, because there are people who actually pay attention to his words.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Calling them vermin is one thing... but saying he wants to remove all the vermin is the real problem
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I think the desire to remove them is implied by the choice of epithet.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Nikki Haley says if she is elected president social media users will have to identify themselves and be verified... national security, those Russian, Iranian and Chinese (axis of evil?) bots are a threat

Comment

• I wish we knew how she would implement this. I'd probably welcome the results if constitutional but I think it's not worth the headwinds she will gain from this.

Comment

• Republicans are bringing back “trial by combat”!
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Geronimo View Post

Assange supposedly said this purely through republican congressman Dana Rohrabacher. Normally I might give a congressman the initial benefit of the doubt except that in this case Assange has had plenty of opportunity to corroborate this through his lawyer or subsequent visits by others and so far they all report that Assange swears this is a lie. Hell Assange's lawyer in fact reports that on behalf of Trump, Dana Rohbachrer supposedly offered Assange a presidential pardon from Trump if Assange would claim Russia was uninvolved. He reports Assange rejected the offer.

So this juicy tidbit is totally worthless. Why do you keep giving credence to things that all involved parties are on record as recognizing as false and which, if true, would have had plenty of opportunity to be attested by others?
                  You're confusing two efforts to have Assange speak

​​​​​​https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...immunity-deal/

​​​​​​"Not included in the written proffer was an additional offer from Assange: He was willing to discuss technical evidence ruling out certain parties in the controversial leak of Democratic Party emails to WikiLeaks during the 2016 election. The U.S. government believes those emails were hacked by Russia; Assange insists they did not come from Moscow.

“Mr. Assange offered to provide technical evidence and discussion regarding who did not engage in the DNC releases,” Waldman told me. “Finally, he offered his technical expertise to the U.S. government to help address what he perceived as clear flaws in security systems that led to the loss of the U.S. cyber weapons program.”

Not many people actually wanted to see his evidence exonerating Russia, but Bill Binney looked into the leak and he's convinced it was a thumb drive taken from the premise and not a hack

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                    -Jrabbit commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh, well, if a favorite RT guest like 80 year-old Bill Binney "looked into it"... shocking to hear his "theory" exonerates Russia.

• pchang
                    pchang commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I’m sure Bill Binney is at least as independent as Hubert Seipel.

• Bill Binney spent decades working for the USA becoming one of its top experts in his field but just like that you've turned him into Putin's puppet.

Comment

• pchang
                    pchang commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Of course it’s true, I saw some guy post about it on the Internet!

• Berzerker
                    Berzerker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    CEO of Crowdstrike testified under oath they couldn't tie Russia to the DNC emails and he was employed by Hillary. Julian Assange said he could prove it wasn't Russia and Bill Binney said the emails were taken on site. What do you have as a rebuttal?

• "The calls for a cease fire are outrageous" - Mike Johnson Speaker of the House on Israel's bombing of Gaza

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                    "The calls for a cease fire are outrageous" - Mike Johnson Speaker of the House on Israel's bombing of Gaza
                    Do you think calls for a ceasefire are never outrageous or perhaps just that characterizing current calls for a ceasefire in Gaza as outrageous is notable or what exactly is your point Berz?

Comment

• Mike is a devout Christian and speaker of the House

in other news Tik Tok has banned Osama bin Laden's letter to America, I guess that was his list of grievances for 9/11... You know, killing Muslims yada yada, stuff like that

Comment

• Javier Milei has been elected president in Argentina, he described himself as an anarcho-capitalist

Comment

• He's a raging *******.

The other candidate (yesterday was the runoff between the two top candidates from the first round) was the current minister of economy, which in a country with 140% yearly inflation is hardly a good endorsement.
                          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                          X