Politics Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post

The Ukrainians and Europeans in 2016-2018 said that Shokin was fired for not prosecuting corruption. The Democrats started saying that Shokin was fired for not prosecuting corruption, including investigating Burisma, in 2019 after associations against Joe Biden started surfacing.

When you have bunch of people repeating the same line, including at the time of the events, and people who have no interest in Joe Biden or covering up for Joe Biden (especially since at the time there was no accusation or expectation of an accusation... Joe seemed done with politics), then it is probably true.

JM
    So...everybody wanted Shokin fired for NOT investigating corruption...and Berz is adamant that he was fired FOR investigating corruption.

So Berz's opinion versus the Ukrainians, Europeans, and half the Americans? Dang...that's a hard one
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Berz is just repeating the Maga mantra. He's welcome to his opinion, but it does fly in the face of reality and actual facts.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Trump's prosecuted for defrauding the govt, when will Hillary and Obama be prosecuted for sending fraudulent accusations to a Fisa court to spy on Trump?

Comment

• -Jrabbit
          -Jrabbit commented
          Editing a comment
          Are you seriously trying to make it sound like Trump had no way of addressing this in his 4 years in office? They put Hillary through the mill with multiple investigations, which she cooperated with, and neither the Senate nor DJT's DOJ brought charges. And frankly, I haven't seen one scintilla of proof that Obama was directly involved in the (alleged) Fisa issue. And you KNOW Trump would have dragged Obama through the mud if he had even half a chance.

Now, tell us again why all your issues seem to be with the one election that Trump actually won...

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
        Trump's prosecuted for defrauding the govt, when will Hillary and Obama be prosecuted for sending fraudulent accusations to a Fisa court to spy on Trump?
        presumably Obama and Clinton will face charges when there is enough evidence of a crime being committed to be brought before a grand jury, assuming such evidence exists.

Even if I buy into the assumption that Obama and Clinton actually did what you're alleging, they were apparently better at doing crime than Trump.
        I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Berzerker
          Berzerker commented
          Editing a comment
          You presume far too much... the evidence already exists, Horowitz and Durham already found it

• Did Pence just say he could have turned the election over to the House but didn't because of "chaos"?

I dont think it was up to him, a House and Senate member from the state in question had to file a complaint and then the House would get involved. If they couldn't resolve the matter then the VP would weigh in. Sounds archaic, like before tickets became a pres and vp team. How could a VP decide to toss a state election results that could keep or remove the pres in front of the VP?

Comment

• The Supreme Court Justice has a ceremonial role in the impeachment process, but theoretically could have gotten involved at some point.

As noted, it doesn't really make sense with how we now elect VP (originally, the VP was opposed to the President, as the runner up, and not on the same team as the President), but the VP has a ceremonial role in the election process and theoretically could get involved at some point (as noted, if the House couldn't resolve the matter). Note that the VP having some role in the process has never happened, even in cases like Hayes election in 1877 where the Democrats conceded 20 contested electoral votes to Hayes in exchange for the end of Reconstruction.

The elections to be decided in the House was the election of Thomas Jefferson and John Quincy Adams. The election of Thomas Jefferson was from when the VP was the runner-up, so only the election of John Quincy Adams was after the 12th amendment where the VP was selected separately.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• A former FBI official - Charles McGonigal - instrumental to the Trump-Russia collusion hoax/witch hunt will plead guilty to money laundering and conspiring with Russia

​​​​​​https://youtu.be/QHM_bJMpdtU

Comment

• -Jrabbit
              -Jrabbit commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice of you to help poor Stephen Gardner sell his latest "how to beat Wall St" book.

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
            You presume far too much... the evidence already exists, Horowitz and Durham already found it
            If the evidence you claim they have is strong enough, then it can go to a grand jury. If it isn't strong evidence and just opinions/interpretations, then it won't.

Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Both Durham and Horowitz said they didn't find such evidence. Or even suggestion that such evidence existed and was being hidden from them.

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post

As noted, it doesn't really make sense with how we now elect VP (originally, the VP was opposed to the President, as the runner up, and not on the same team as the President)
                I actually believe that the old method would be better for the country than the way we do it now.

Of course, I also believe that the state legislatures appointing Senators was better than the way we do it now.
                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• I have a problem with both...
                  If the VP was always from the other party, I think it would be open season on the President, especially since any nut job can get an automatic weapon in this country.

Second... I would rather have the voters elect their senators after seeing some of the partisan laws being passed by slim majorities by state legislatures
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

• "Health Secretary Xavier Becerra, a Biden appointee, wrote in a social media post on Nov. 29, 2022, that people should get vaccinated “if it’s been over 2 months since your last dose.

President Joe Biden’s administration has admitted that there was no scientific evidence supporting an apparent recommendation to receive as many as six COVID-19 booster shots in a year."

​​​​​​https://www.ntd.com/biden-admin-admi...on_935171.html

Comment

• Operation Lone Star: Girl, 3, dies on Texas migrant bus

​ US health officials are investigating the death of a three-year-old Venezuelan girl travelling with her parents on a bus carrying asylum seekers from Texas to Chicago.

Thousands of migrants have been sent from Texas to Democratic Party-run US cities under a controversial scheme.

The girl was taken to a hospital in southern Illinois and pronounced dead on Thursday.

Texas officials confirmed her death on Friday, but did not share more details.

The bus set off from the city of Brownsville, on the border with Mexico. Before it left the state, passengers had their temperature assessed and were asked if they had any medical conditions, Texas officials said.

Officials said when it was noticed that the girl's health appeared to be deteriorating, the bus "pulled over and security personnel on board called 911".

Officials from the Texas Division of Emergency Management said that "every loss of life is a tragedy".

Republican governor Greg Abbott of Texas has sent more than 30,000 migrants to cities controlled by the Democrats since last year under his "Operation Lone Star" policies.

Last month, the US department of Justice sued Mr Abbott for his refusal to remove a floating barrier placed on the Rio Grande river aimed at stopping migrants from entering the US from Mexico.

The latest tragedy comes weeks after an eight-year-old girl died at a US border patrol site in Texas.

Venezuela's refugee crisis is the world's second largest. More than seven million Venezuelans have left since 2015 due to the country's political and economic troubles.
                      The Venezuelan girl collapsed on a bus the Republican governor uses to send migrants to Democrat states.
                      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• another victim of our sanctions

Comment

• Another victim of Republican governor Greg Abbott
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                          X