No announcement yet.

Prediction Thread: When Will Ukraine Conquer Russia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And now, the Duma has passed a law allowing regional governors to set up their own private military contractors. Imagine each governor being allowed to maintain their own private army (of course, they would be funded with public money).
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• sounds like the 2nd amendment

Comment

• pchang
        pchang commented
        Editing a comment
        Perhaps your interpretation of the 2nd amendment.

• Originally posted by PLATO View Post

With all of us being Civ veterans, I bet we would be officer material!
      Yeah, probably, but most of us might end up with windows accidents or arrests since we have difficulties with inventing fantasies about destroying the UK air force trice, destroying 1.000 HIMARS units etc.

On that point I think that Serb, Berzerker, MWHC and a couple of others are so experienced in groveling that they might have a chance
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Berzerker
        Berzerker commented
        Editing a comment
        I grovel with the best of them
        Last edited by Berzerker; July 26, 2023, 00:10.

• state governors in charge of tax funded militias

rings a bell

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
        state governors in charge of tax funded militias

rings a bell
        Yep, a very serious warning bell - it made some kind of sense a couple of centuries ago when communication and movement of troops was a problem. Today neither of those are a problem and the 2 amendment is obsolete.
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• natl guard still exists and state control was at issue

Comment

• I'm still wondering why the good people of Rostov were not given a chance to vote if they wanted to stay with Wagner or Putin

Blah

Comment

• The Mad Monk
              The Mad Monk commented
              Editing a comment
              Do you mean the original Crimeans, or do you mean the Crimeans the Russians replaced them with?

• Berzerker
              Berzerker commented
              Editing a comment
              ask any Crimeans if they want to be ruled by Azov

• Proteus_MST
              Proteus_MST commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, good thing that Ukraine isn't ruled by Azov, but by a democratically elected president

• Looks like something big is starting on the southern front. Some reports I am seeing say that Ukraine is close to a breakthrough and is rotating 5 brigades for a big push. Staromlynivka may be the weakest point in Russian defensive lines and Ukrainian armor is said the be about 5 miles from the defensive line there. There is no second layer of defense on that part of the front. A breakthrough there would open up 50-60 miles of maneuver space and open the way to Melitopol or Mariupol.

Things may be getting interesting for the next 2-3 weeks.
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Maybe this is the push south mentioned above

Or it is the Ukrainian counteroffensive which already failed, according to Putin yesterday (? or so)
              Blah

Comment

• I guess it will depend on how effective Ukraine has been at destroying Russian artillery (they've been blowing up a huge amount for the past three months or so, mostly in the south and east), how depleted Russian reserves are (reportedly, they've been reinforcing the front line and trying to yield as little as possible, have very few reserves left in many areas, and have a lot of troops sent to try and advance in northern Lugansk), and if the Ukrainians have found a way to effectively deal with minefields (this is the one I doubt the most).

I guess we'll see in the coming weeks.
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                  I guess it will depend on how effective Ukraine has been at destroying Russian artillery (they've been blowing up a huge amount for the past three months or so, mostly in the south and east), how depleted Russian reserves are (reportedly, they've been reinforcing the front line and trying to yield as little as possible, have very few reserves left in many areas, and have a lot of troops sent to try and advance in northern Lugansk), and if the Ukrainians have found a way to effectively deal with minefields (this is the one I doubt the most).

I guess we'll see in the coming weeks.
                  Perhaps if the failure rate of Russia's mines is anywhere near as high as their other munitions Ukraine's sappers will have a bit more room for error

Comment

• pchang
                    pchang commented
                    Editing a comment
                    5% failure still means 19/20 explode.

• Dauphin
                    Dauphin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think '95% failure still means 1/20 explode, and there are millions'

• ukrainian drones attacked moscow

and there is no global themonuclear war

strange

Comment

• So reports everywhere of intense fighting but the front is fairly stagnant. It is all coming down to the irresistible force versus the immovable object. Limited aircraft from both sides(aside from drones of course). This is truly a 1918 fight with 2023 weapons. This is beginning to resemble the Battle of The Somme....
                    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Originally posted by PLATO View Post
                      So reports everywhere of intense fighting but the front is fairly stagnant. It is all coming down to the irresistible force versus the immovable object. Limited aircraft from both sides(aside from drones of course). This is truly a 1918 fight with 2023 weapons. This is beginning to resemble the Battle of The Somme....
                      All of that favors Russia to win

Comment

• This thread is like when will Trump be taken down? How about never. Still..
                        fun to watch those with tds try. Hahaga

Comment

Working...
                        X