Prediction Thread: When Will Ukraine Conquer Russia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlackCat View Post

Well, if the US should change to support Putin, then they could end up with same sanctions as the EU currently have against Russia - that would hurt a bit both ways.
    I love the US. It is my family's home. However, if ever the US would have a government ready to do something as despicable and stupid as that I sincerely hope the allies of the US would step up to provide the wake up sanctions needed to jolt the US government off of such an incredibly self destructive path for everyone's sake.

Comment

• Reports now say that there are 150,000 + Russian troops in southern Ukraine. Defense fortifications are all but done. From what I am reading, they have almost no ability to go on the offensive. If Ukraine cannot achieve a meaningful breakthrough in their offensive then we could be looking at an attritional conflict that the West probably won't have a long tern appetite for. This would be a win for Russia. I think it is hard to overestimate the importance of the coming Ukrainian offensive. It will, I believe, be the pivotal moment of the entire war.

Russia sits on nearly 20% of Ukraine's territory. They may be inept as a superpower but they are an enormous and heavily armed force. Without a major victory in the counter-offensive, then I believe the only way to oust Russia from Ukraine would be direct Western involvement...and I just can't see that happening.

Zelensky says they could be successful now but waiting until they are better prepared will help limit casualties. Is this to better train troops? Is it waiting on more equipment? Does he need more time to prep the battlefield?

Is there any gain to Russia for the Ukrainians to wait? There defenses are fairly complete.

When the history of this war is written, the answers to these questions will be quite interesting. For Ukrainians, the answers will make a big difference for many of them between freedom and oppression.
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• I think you are underestimating the resolve of Western nations. You have to keep in mind that the amount of aid the US has given to Ukraine amounts to less than 10% of the annual defense budget. The amounts given by others is even less as a % of their defense budgets (at least their stated goals for defense spending - actuals my vary by a fair amount - I'm looking at you, Germany).

Weather reports indicate the ground in Ukraine is still muddy. Perhaps another week will dry out the ground sufficiently.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• The most important thing is exactly what the weak Biden admin has refused to provide, namely, long range procession attack abilities. The U.K. has provided some but I suspect not enough in the form of Storm Shadow missiles. The only way to get through dense formations of even poorly trained and equipped formations is to deprive the of ammo, food, and supplies. That way they are unable to fight. Biden is causing this to fail and if it succeeds it is despite Biden not because of him.
          Last edited by Dinner; May 15, 2023, 12:47.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• HB!

Comment

• Байден-Шмайден! Хуйня это все! Вас, дебилов все равно не исправить.Ебанушки с медной кружкой.
              Но,день рождения - это святое!
              So, HB, Oedrin!

Comment

• Originally posted by Serb View Post
                Байден-Шмайден! Хуйня это все! Вас, дебилов все равно не исправить.Ебанушки с медной кружкой.
                Но,день рождения - это святое!
                So, HB, Oedrin!
                So...you still think physics demands that an air-intercepted Kinzhal must leave a crater, let alone a crater notably larger than 1,5 meters across?

Comment

• That's physics, baby.
                  A Newton's laws.

Comment

• A pure kiteticks.

Comment

That's physics, baby.
                      A Newton's laws.

not sure if you're engaged in some fun self depreciating humor..or are temporarily intellectually indisposed. Either way, thanks for the laugh

Comment

That's physics, baby.
                        A Newton's laws.
                        Love it!
                        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Interesting discussion

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

That's physics, baby.
                            A Newton's laws.
                            As long as you completely ignore the momentum/energy of the interceptor, the physical break up of the main mass, and drag.
                            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post

As long as you completely ignore the momentum/energy of the interceptor, the physical break up of the main mass, and drag.
                              It seems that physics education in Russia only goes up to spherical cows in a frictionless vacuum.
                              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Has Zelensky been on a world tour ever since the drone attack on the Kremlin?

Comment

Working...
                                X