Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, is anyone here positive with regards to CoViD-19?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my case it seems like the worst is over.

Symptomes are almost completely gone (just a slight urge to cough maybe once an hour).
    My CoViD-self test still is positive, but the second line already is much fainter than it was on monday.

I guess/hope that on Monday, when I am allowed to test free out of quarantine, I will be negative again
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

"Given that past experience says that me driving drunk does not change the odds for anyone else; and given the fact that avoiding driving drunk does not guarantee that either other people or I will not be involved in a car accident, why should I take steps to avoid driving drunk?" ?? what this is not the same thing at all. you go to jail for DUI - you dont fo to jail for no seat belt. get real, your argument makes no sense.

Comment

• N35t0r
        N35t0r commented
        Editing a comment
        So you don't drive drunk to avoid fines/jail, not because you could kill people. Gotcha.

One close older relative got it last week, but she seems to be doing OK, maybe even close to recovery. Another older relative, unvaccinated, got a second bad case. One set of grandparents are unvaccinated but don't socialize much which I guess is good right now. The others just got their booster last week. So far my grandparents, if they have gotten it, have not had symptoms.

JM
      (My family still has not tested positive, but schools are reporting positive tests again. I am seeing more people unmasked, although in our city most people are still masked indoors, so I expect it to be a bit more prevalent in the community for the next wave.)
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
        One close older relative got it last week, but she seems to be doing OK, maybe even close to recovery. Another older relative, unvaccinated, got a second bad case. One set of grandparents are unvaccinated but don't socialize much which I guess is good right now. The others just got their booster last week. So far my grandparents, if they have gotten it, have not had symptoms.

JM
        (My family still has not tested positive, but schools are reporting positive tests again. I am seeing more people unmasked, although in our city most people are still masked indoors, so I expect it to be a bit more prevalent in the community for the next wave.)
        this is a post that says nothing. and i am DRUBNL!!!! drunks!

Comment

I think we are in the beginning of a second wave, Omicron 2. Not sure if we will pass it this time, since people are dropping their guard.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Negative test again today.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

My self-test still is positive (albeit the 2nd line is so faint that it is barely visible),
              so I will have to wait till tomorrow before going to an official testing point in order to test free of quarantine
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Daughter didn't take her Claritin over the weekend, had a small cough this morning, tested negative.

Took her Claritin today, hopefully no cough tomorrow.

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Proteus, did they give you antibiotics, or just vitamins/. or nothing>?

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                    Proteus, did they give you antibiotics, or just vitamins/. or nothing>?
                    Absolutely nothing.
                    When I got the flu-like symptomes (and had a positive self-test),
                    I went to the general practitioner and they just took the swabs for the PCR-Test.
                    I also got a certificate of work disability for one week from them (meaning that I could stay home for one week and still get paid)

That was it ... one day later I got my positive PCR test results via Handy App and then knew that I am supposed to self-quarantine accordingg to the health laws here.
                    (after shortest 7 days you are able to get free from quarantine if you get a negative test result ... else you need to quarantine for a total of 10 days)

(I would have been able to get this test today ... but my self test still shows a very faint second line (meaning that the "official test" most likely would have shown that I am still positive (despite having no symptomes anymore) ... hopefully my self-test tomorrow will have only one line, so I can "risk", getting an official test and get free from self-quarantine)

It seems like this is the usual "treatment" for the Omikron variant here ... unless you belong to the unlucky small percentage which shows grave symptomes (or you belong to a risk-group, due to former illnesses of high age), you are left to deal with CoViD-19 by yourself

In my case, I self-medicated with Anti-Histamines however ... I already took them when I got CoViD-19 (due to my current allergies) and continued to take them.
                    Especially considering the fact that there seem to be new papers that indicate, that Anti-Histamines may be a factor in preventing the Cytokine-Storm that causes complications (and long-CoViD) in many Corona-cases.

Comment

Very good. I think they give yopu antibiotics if you have a fever and that not on all cases.

I also heard about the anti-histamines, a friend did the same thing (and also had it very light. 3 times vaccinated)

vitaminv c and d are also good I think

Comment

Working...
                      X