President Zelensky is a hero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
    There was a report yesterday about twitter being restricted so it is possible.

The Russian government can't let Serb be exposed to the subversives at Poly.
    Serb is here to subvert us!

Comment

• Blatantly stolen from the intarweb these days:

Russian joke:

There is a very long slowly-moving queue at at ATM machine in Moscow. One man gets very frustrated and shouts "This war is all Putin's fault! I am going to the Kremlin to kill him!" He comes back to the queue at the ATM machine an hour later. "So what happened?" he's asked. "The queue there is even longer!" he states dejectedly.
      Blah

Comment

• Zelensky is meeting with Russians for peace negotiations. I hope there is some chance of the Russian side wanting to cut their losses early and Zelensky being willing to formally recognize the loss of Crimea, Donbas and Luhansk along with some symbolic fig leaf concessions like meaningless constitutional bans on Nazis and membership in defensive alliances that Russia is not party to. He could also agree to step down as leader. Russia would agree to a ceasefire and withdrawal from the rest of Ukraine. The agreement would be vastly superior to continuing the war for all sides despite the gross injustice of the Ukrainians having to offer anything at all. Above all Putin could claim complete victory.

Comment

• What stops Russia from coming back for more in a few years time? Their treaties and agreements aren't worth the paper.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Geronimo View Post
            Zelensky is meeting with Russians for peace negotiations. I hope there is some chance of the Russian side wanting to cut their losses early and Zelensky being willing to formally recognize the loss of Crimea, Donbas and Luhansk along with some symbolic fig leaf concessions like meaningless constitutional bans on Nazis and membership in defensive alliances that Russia is not party to. He could also agree to step down as leader. Russia would agree to a ceasefire and withdrawal from the rest of Ukraine. The agreement would be vastly superior to continuing the war for all sides despite the gross injustice of the Ukrainians having to offer anything at all. Above all Putin could claim complete victory.
            Sorry, but an agreement like that will just mean a new Russian invasion in 5 years. No.

Also, western sanctions should continue at least until Russia returns Donetsk, Lugansk and Crimea.
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• If Ukraine were to agree to giving up territory they should insist on no further Russian objections to Ukraine's NATO membership.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

What stops Russia from coming back for more in a few years time? Their treaties and agreements aren't worth the paper.
                The actual withdrawal itself would of course be the trigger. The outcome would be an end to the war rather than some sort of meaningful treaty to constrain Russia's future options.

Comment

The actual withdrawal itself would of course be the trigger. The outcome would be an end to the war rather than some sort of meaningful treaty to constrain Russia's future options.
                  That seems like a recipe for eventual elimination, one province at a time.

Comment

• Zelensky is *not in that meeting, there's an Ukrainian delegation, same on the Russian side.
                    Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                      Zelensky is *not in that meeting, there's an Ukrainian delegation, same on the Russian side.
                      If he met them in person he would doubtless be assassinated

Comment

If he met them in person he would doubtless be assassinated
                        That's pretty harsh. He may just accidently fall out of a window.

Comment

That's pretty harsh. He may just accidently fall out of a window.
                          Or get some indigestion from a cup of tea.
                          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
                            JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

• Originally posted by Egbert View Post

Serb is here to subvert us!
                              While he may be having an issue with getting open access to the Interwebs due to the invasion, I'm pretty sure Serb will blame The West for it.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I could take 100 bucks out of the bank and buy Serb's house at this point.
                                Order of the Fly
                                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                                  Uncle Sparky commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  I was in Eastern Europe in 1990, including Poland, Ukraine and Belarus. I recall the official rate of exchange was 1 ruble to 2 Canadian dollars... I seem to remember a somewhat different blackmarket rate.

I'm fairly certain I could have bought a nice house for about 100 bucks back then.
                              Working...
                              X