I'm coming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereotypical appearance and behaviour[edit]

Gopniks are often seen wearing Adidas or Puma tracksuits (mostly Adidas), which were popularized by the 1980 Moscow Olympics Soviet team.[8][9]Sunflower seeds (colloquially semki [семки] or semechki [семечки]) are habitually eaten by gopniks, especially in Ukraine and Russia.[9]

The subculture is stereotypically associated with Russian chanson music, specifically the blatnaya pesnya subgenre; also, since the mid-2010s, in internet memes and viral videos, with hardbass.[10][11]

Some gopniks have Russian nationalism or Pan-Slavism as their primary political views,[12] though there are also leftist or even far-right gopnik communities. Some gopniks hold strong anti-Western views.[3]

Gopota are often seen squatting in groups "in court" (на кортах, na kortakh) or "doing the crab" (на крабе, na krabe) outside blocks of flats or schools with their heels on the ground.[13][14] It is described as a learned behavior attributed to Russian and Soviet prison culture to avoid sitting on the cold ground. Gopota are stereotyped as being prone to substance and alcohol abuse, crime and hooliganism.[14]
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• There is only one problem with your "logic" - gopniks do not drive Lexuses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
        You didn't answer yesterday - Are you a "gopnik"?
        I don't remember you asking that.

My body is full of scars, two of them were made by gopniks with a knife.
        So, the answer is no, I am not gopnik and never been afraid of them.

Comment

• If you really want to know what a gopnik is - look at USA (and the whole collective West), no difference, really!

Comment

• Шпана ебаная!

Comment

• И беспредельщики!

Comment

• Originally posted by Serb View Post
                Uncle, please stop editing my posts! That''s not funny anymore!
                Even Ming have never fell so low!!!
                What you are doing is just so low!
                QFT

admins...please do not even consider editing others posts. If readers even start to suspect that it is occurring it will have a chilling effect on discussion and traffic all out of proportion to whatever gratification might be obtained from doing so.
                Last edited by Geronimo; March 7, 2022, 19:26.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serb View Post

I don't remember you asking that.

My body is full of scars, two of them were made by gopniks with a knife.
                  So, the answer is no, I am not gopnik and never been afraid of them.
                  Fair enough. I just found myself googling "Russian redneck" for some strange reason and that was what popped up.
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• You know the difference between us, Wez?
                    Both of us will die, just like anyone else here, that is only a matter of time.
                    But I will die with dignity like a man, while you will die like a coward.

That's all.

Comment

• The scared people are the ones threatening nukes.

Comment

• We don't threat, we warn!

Comment

• We troll for making Russia look dumb!
                          AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
                          JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

• "Our words are backed with nuclear weapons!" (c.)

(For once I've recalled what this site was about at the start)

Comment

• <-Gandhi.
                              AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
                              JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

• Looks like Russia is bound and determined to undermine its own influence, even in space...

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                                X