Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jan. 6th Insurrection Conspiracy Theory totally debunked.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan. 6th Insurrection Conspiracy Theory totally debunked.

I'm shocked!

Exclusive: Secret Commandos with Shoot-to-Kill Authority Were at the Capitol

BY WILLIAM M. ARKIN ON 1/3/22 AT 5:00 AM ESTSHARE

In this daily series, Newsweek explores the steps that led to the January 6 Capitol Riot.

On Sunday, January 3, the heads of a half-dozen elite government special operations teams met in Quantico, Virginia, to go over potential threats, contingencies, and plans for the upcoming Joint Session of Congress. The meeting, and the subsequent deployment of these shadowy commandos on January 6, has never before been revealed.

Right after the New Year, Jeffrey A. Rosen, the acting Attorney General on January 6, approved implementation of long-standing contingency plans dealing with the most extreme possibilities: an attack on President Donald Trump or Vice President Mike Pence, a terrorist attack involving a weapon of mass destruction, and a declaration of measures to implement continuity of government, requiring protection and movement of presidential successors.

Rosen made a unilateral decision to take the preparatory steps to deploy Justice Department and so-called "national" forces. There was no formal request from the U.S. Capitol Police, the Secret Service, or the Metropolitan Police Department—in fact, no external request from any agency. The leadership in Justice and the FBI anticipated the worst and decided to act independently, the special operations forces lurking behind the scenes.
    Amazon Sells Fake Rittenhouse Book Encouraging Violence Against 'Woke Mob'

"I believe that DOJ [Department of Justice] reasonably prepared for contingencies ahead of January 6, understanding that there was considerable uncertainty as to how many people would arrive, who those people would be, and precisely what purposes they would pursue," Rosen later told Congress. He stressed that his department "no frontline role with respect to crowd control," that they were focused on "high-risk" operations.

The contingency units meeting on January 3 included the FBI's Hostage Rescue Team, the FBI's national "Render Safe" team, an FBI SWAT team from the Baltimore Field Office, Special Response Teams from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), and the U.S. Marshals Service Special Operations Group.
    Secret commandos, authorized to shoot to kill, were at the Capitol. FBI and ATF law enforcement confront supporters of President Donald Trump as they protested inside the US Capitol on January 6, 2021, in Washington, DC.Brent Stirton/Getty Images
    All of these assets were "pre-deployed" and ready to go over the weekend of January 2-3, staging out of the FBI Academy complex in Quantico, 30 miles south of the Capitol building. If a WMD or terrorist attack occurred, the units were to move via helicopter to the site of the incident. The activation of the catastrophic response units, operating under plans already approved by President Trump, entailed an automatic green light allowing federal responders to take the initiative and spare no resources, including shoot-to-kill authority, to deal with this most extraordinary condition.

The 350-strong Hostage Rescue Team was established in 1983 to be a national level counterterrorist unit, offering a "tactical" option—a military option—for the most extraordinary law enforcement situations within the United States. Prior to 9/11, HRT was primarily a domestic counter-terrorism unit; after the attack, the team took on additional missions, including working with the Joint Special Operations Command overseas in high-profile raids and the targeting of high-value targets.
    The Daily Break
    Free Speech Rules for Terrorists, Foreign and Domestic

00:00 / 12:59
    The FBI is the lead agency for what insiders call the "no-fail, 24-hour, 7-day-a-week, 365-day-per-year response capability." In 1999, the Bureau was assigned the responsibility for the render safe mission, a euphemism for extraordinary and highly classified actions that are slated to take place in cases of a lost, stolen, or hidden nuclear or radiological weapon. The FBI had already been given primary responsibility for domestic counterterrorism, including quasi-military action against armed groups inside the United States. President Bill Clinton approved new rules that assigned "national response" to the FBI (it had previously resided in the Defense Department). The FBI would form the dedicated rapid response force, and technical response assets from various departments would be seconded to this so-called National Mission Force, operating under a National Asset Commander, an FBI officer appointed by and reporting to the Attorney General and ultimately the White House.

In April 2005, the FBI consolidated its various extraordinary response teams under the National Asset Response Unit (NARU), responsible for the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. The dedicated rapid response force, ready to deploy anywhere in the United States within two hours of notification, reached operational readiness during the Obama administration, with dedicated national response elements from the Department of Energy and augmentation from the military's Joint Special Operations Command.
    Jeffrey Rosen made a unilateral decision to take the preparatory steps to deploy Justice Department and so-called "national" forces. Here, Rosen removes his face mask as he speaks at the Justice Department on October 21, 2020 in Washington, DC. (Photo by Yuri Gripas-Pool/Getty Images)Insurrectionist Chic Is a "Serious Growth Sector," Analysts Say

The overlap of counterterrorism and WMD forged this extraordinary force, operating under Top Secret and compartmentalized presidential directives. The National Mission Force, however, also had to plan for other crisis response contingencies, such as hostage rescue and continuity of government. Those latter functions could also fall under the operational control of the Secret Service (an element of the Department of Homeland Security) or to military commanders who were operating in response to immediate emergencies.

Most of the literature mistakenly says that the Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC)—including, famously, the units formerly known as Delta Force and SEAL Team 6—is the primary national mission force. Although overseas, the National Mission Force often operates as a Joint Special Operations Task Force (with FBI augmentation), made up of dedicated teams assigned to JSOC, inside the United States, the FBI is in charge.
    Exclusive: Secret Service Intel Saw "No Indication of Civil Disobedience"

On the morning of January 6, most of these forces staged closer to downtown Washington, particularly after intelligence was received indicating a possible threat to FBI headquarters building or the FBI's Washington Field Office. FBI tactical teams arrived on Capitol Hill early in the day to assist in the collection of evidence at sites—including the Republican and Democratic party national headquarters—where explosive devices were found. FBI SWAT teams and snipers were deployed to secure nearby congressional office buildings. Other FBI agents provided selective security around the U.S. Capitol and protection to congressional members and staff.

A tactical team of the Hostage Rescue Team was one of the first external federal agencies to actually enter the Capitol after protestors breached the building. In addition to augmentation of emergency security assets, one team coordinated with the U.S. Capitol Police and Secret Service to provide additional safeguarding of Vice President Pence, who had been moved to the underground parking structure beneath the Capitol, from where he was supposed to evacuate. But Pence refused to leave the building and stayed underground instead.
    READ MORE
    The presence of these extraordinary forces under the control of the Attorney General—and mostly operating under contingency plans that Congress and the U.S. Capitol Police were not privy to—added an additional layer of highly armed responders. The role that the military played in this highly classified operation is still unknown, though FBI sources tell Newsweek that military operators seconded to the FBI, and those on alert as part of the National Mission Force, were present in the metropolitan area. The lingering question is: What was it that the Justice Department saw that provoked it to see January 6 as an extraordinary event, something that the other agencies evidently missed.

CORRECTION (Jan. 3, 2022, 10:437 p.m.): This story originally stated the office of the 'Democrat' Party but has been corrected to note 'Democratic Party' office.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

I dont see anything in there debunking any conspiracy theory... or anything unusual

I am curious about some guy on video urging protesters to enter the capital without apparently being charged, but I'm not privy to the DoJ plans or prosecutions

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
      I dont see anything in there debunking any conspiracy theory... or anything unusual

I am curious about some guy on video urging protesters to enter the capital without apparently being charged, but I'm not privy to the DoJ plans or prosecutions
      Trump approved of the orders.

Comment

That picture of those dudes standing about with automatic weapons in the capitol buildings looks like something out of a tinpot dictatorship. It does not augur well for American democracy. The American political class seems to have ever decreasing respect for political processes and ever increasing ruthlessness in pursuing partisan advantage.

Is America on the path to dictatorship?

Comment

Originally posted by Egbert View Post

They are on the path to breaking apart. The only question is whether it will be violent or peaceful. Violent is the odds on favorite.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Egbert View Post
            That picture of those dudes standing about with automatic weapons in the capitol buildings looks like something out of a tinpot dictatorship. It does not augur well for American democracy. The American political class seems to have ever decreasing respect for political processes and ever increasing ruthlessness in pursuing partisan advantage.

We don't put Covid patients in concentration camps yet. Worry about your own country.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
              Trump approved of the orders.
              Rosen made a unilateral decision to take the preparatory steps to deploy Justice Department and so-called "national" forces. There was no formal request from the U.S. Capitol Police, the Secret Service, or the Metropolitan Police Department—in fact, no external request from any agency. The leadership in Justice and the FBI anticipated the worst and decided to act independently, the special operations forces lurking behind the scenes.
              The activation of the catastrophic response units, operating under plans already approved by President Trump, entailed an automatic green light allowing federal responders to take the initiative and spare no resources, including shoot-to-kill authority, to deal with this most extraordinary condition.
              Looks like Rosen made the decision to employ resources/plans Trump had approved in the past and not necessarily for this specific incident. Or maybe Rosen talked to Trump beforehand and was told it was his call which is probably where it should have been. I assume the conspiracy theory this debunks is that Trump was completely detached from events and was actually relishing the riot.

Comment

Yawn... A bunch of Right Wing morons attacked our government. It wasn't a peaceful protest.
                It was all based on the Big Lie that Trump told and still tells.
                There is NO PROOF that there was any massive voter fraud.
                Kid can scream fake news or say whatever lies his masters tell him.
                He can try to distract people from those basic truths.

Happy New Year
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Since when can the attorney general order us troops around? Just shows how disfuntional the whitehouse was under trump.

Oh, I get it, trump thought the attorney general was a real general LOL
                  "

Comment

• Berzerker
                    Berzerker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I dont think they were troops, it was an FBI task force set up to deal with specific threats... Apparently they didn't consider this serious enough to start shooting people

Looks like Rosen made the decision to employ resources/plans Trump had approved in the past and not necessarily for this specific incident. Or maybe Rosen talked to Trump beforehand and was told it was his call which is probably where it should have been. I assume the conspiracy theory this debunks is that Trump was completely detached from events and was actually relishing the riot.
                  No. You have to believe that Trump lead an insurgency but for some reason didn't get the Justice Department to call off the forces that would stop the insurgency, which had no weapons. You don't call that debunked?

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                    Yawn... A bunch of Right Wing morons attacked our government. It wasn't a peaceful protest.
                    It was all based on the Big Lie that Trump told and still tells.
                    There is NO PROOF that there was any massive voter fraud.
                    Kid can scream fake news or say whatever lies his masters tell him.
                    He can try to distract people from those basic truths.

Happy New Year
                    Talk about monons. Come one. You fall for one conspiracy theory after the other. You are worse than a bunch of QANON followers.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                      No. You have to believe that Trump lead an insurgency but for some reason didn't get the Justice Department to call off the forces that would stop the insurgency, which had no weapons. You don't call that debunked?
                      Oh I see, yeah...no...maybe. Depends on what contacts he had with the AG leading up to Jan 6. He could have signed off on this policy earlier in his term and didn't remember. The article said the AG acted unilaterally so I dont know if Trump even knew about it. I'd agree it helps debunk the narrative but not decisively, not that the narrative ever held any water. The accusation that bothers me is Trump spent hours watching the riot without doing anything, that aint good.

Comment

• Berzerker
                        Berzerker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        looks like Trump did call up the natl guard, that debunks the coup theory

Oh I see, yeah...no...maybe. Depends on what contacts he had with the AG leading up to Jan 6. He could have signed off on this policy earlier in his term and didn't remember. The article said the AG acted unilaterally so I dont know if Trump even knew about it. I'd agree it helps debunk the narrative but not decisively, not that the narrative ever held any water. The accusation that bothers me is Trump spent hours watching the riot without doing anything, that aint good.
                      Yeah. To be honest I don't care about that "riot." People need to raise more hell as for as I'm concerned. I feel sorry for the people that are being unfairly treated imo. If you are going to riot go to the Capital as far as I'm concerned. I'm not saying use violence or destroy property, but that's where they needed to go. And that's all most of them did. Oh by the way, did any Democrats say anything about the rioting outside of the WH when the left did that? No. They did what they always do, incited more **** with their false accusations. So don't care.

What I am concerned about is all this January 6th bull****, feeding stupid people nonsense, and making them bigger idiots than they already are.

Comment

What I'm concerned about is the attack on Democracy being raged by Trump and his minions.
                        There IS NO PROOF AT ALL OF ANY MASSIVE FRAUD. Take a look at the report issued recently by REPUBLICANS in Arizona.
                        Trump is the one feeding people nonsense, and what is scary is that the Trumpettes actually believe that BS.
                        They believe all of his lies... And they are still giving him money... talk about sheep.
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post
                          Since when can the attorney general order us troops around? Just shows how disfuntional the whitehouse was under trump.

Oh, I get it, trump thought the attorney general was a real general LOL
                          Just you wait until Trump discovers that the United States also has a "Post Master General".

Think of the implications for postal votes!

Comment

Working...
                          X