An actual political thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buster Crabbe's Uncle View Post
    I'd say he's made his choice clear, Ming.
    Yes he has... see you in a month Kid... or maybe not.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
        JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

• I miss Kidicious.

Comment

• You...people!
            Blah

Comment

• No matter how many times they look at it... Trump is proven to be a liar over and over again...
              Even when "Trump Friendly" people do the audits, they still can't find anything

Wisconsin election "audit" run by conservative group finds no evidence of fraud

A conservative group investigating allegations of election fraud in Wisconsin was unable to find any evidence of wrongdoing or miscounting that would have affected the state's 2020 results — with the entire 10-month endeavor costing taxpayers more than $600,000.

Wisconsin Institute for Liberty and Law (WILL), the group in charge of the investigation, examined nearly 20,000 ballots and 29,000 absentee ballots, writing in a report that it found "no evidence of widespread voter fraud,"
              according to Forbes. Just 42 ballots were confirmed to be someone voting on behalf of someone who was deceased, and 130 ballots were found to come from registered felons.

The group also found no evidence of "
              ballot dumping" for President Joe Biden.

The group also spent months investigating accusations from MyPillow CEO-turned-election conspiracy theorist Mike Lindell, including the claim that technology made by election security company Dominion voting systems was hacked or otherwise manipulated. But, unsurprisingly to elections experts who had been sounding the alarm for months that Lindell's claims were bogus, WILL was unable to substantiate those claims.

In fact, the group even noted that Democrats underperformed expectations, on average, in areas that used the Dominion Voting machines in question.

WILL's investigation comes after Wisconsin bankrolled a separate non-partisan investigation into election fraud claims — one that also found no evidence of widespread fraud. Republicans in Wisconsin have repeatedly called for investigations into spurious allegations of election fraud over the past year.

Trump and his allies still maintain widespread election fraud contributed to his loss to President Biden — though similar audits across a number of other states have repeatedly debunked these claims. The most high profile of these came earlier this year in Arizona, where a first-time conservative election audit group called the Cyber Ninjas also failed to substantiate a number of claims about widespread election fraud in the state.

Former Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice Michael Gableman, who was tapped to head Wisconsin's Republican-led audit, courted controversy earlier this year when his ties to Lindell surfaced. Gableman even attended Lindell's heavily mocked South Dakota "
              cyber symposium," which also failed to prove election fraud had occurred.

Moving forward, a major fissure in the Republican Party is forming over how much emphasis to put on false allegations of election fraud — and with Trump eyeing the 2024 nomination, it's a problem that won't be going away anytime soon.

Even after these high-profile defeats, elected officials like Rep Brian Babin of Texas have
              said things like: "We need to make sure that we're getting to the bottom of some very abnormal, anomalistic, strange or irregular things that happened, so that we don't have a repeat of that. We've got to have confidence in our election."

Other Republicans, like Rep. Dan Crenshaw, have said that they've grown tired of the investigations into the 2020 election. He said Trump's obsession over his loss is "absolutely unhelpful," to the GOP, adding that "When I talk to voters, I am very blunt with them. I say, 'Stop being self-defeating. Get out and vote."

"You shouldn't listen to anyone who tells you not to
              ."
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

• thats good news...the only way to convince people is to let Trump's supporters do the audits

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                  -Jrabbit commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Agreed it's good news. But if you think Trump supporters are going to "see reason" over results, you weren't watching AZ and GA.
                  In the long run, it is folly to give even a shred of credibility to ANY partisan audit or tabulation. Period.
                  The whole idea is neutral vote-counting, and that requires nothing more than the same bi-partisan count procedures that have served us well our entire lives.

• where do you live again

the only shred of credibility that has any chance of convincing Trump voters comes from partisan audits run by people they 'trust'. I didn't even vote for Trump and I want partisan audits, this goes beyond politics. I'd expect Democrats to want the audits too, nothing will give Biden credibility like their opponents inability to find wrong doing.

If that election was clean there is no point in Trump running again, thats the message coming from the audits. I expect the GOP to put up DeSantis when they come to terms with the anti-Trump sentiment reflected by the vote count for Biden. Trump got 10m more votes and still lost by 10m, thats how polarizing he is.

Comment

• It's just unnecessary grandstanding. And no amount of recounts, "audits," and failed lawsuits has done anything to change Trumpist minds.

The fact is, it's been over a year and exactly zero evidence of Dem voter fraud has been found via any of these methods. Yet you seem to support giving credibility to partisan audits, which by their very nature cannot be trusted. So in the future, you'd be willing to say, "Hey, let the losing party just run audits, I'm sure they'll agree with our count." That's just effing illogical, dude.

So yeah, screw convincing Trump voters of anything. This country deserves better than a gerrymandered legislature or some jackass on the GOP payroll at Cyber Ninjas deciding our elections.
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• And they did find some voter fraud after all...

Florida Residents Allegedly Cast Multiple Votes in 2020 Election Spanning Several States

Newly uncovered court documents revealed on Tuesday that three Florida residents were arrested and charged with voter fraud.
                    Jay Ketcik, Joan Halstead and John Rider, residents of The Villages, Florida, face one count each of voting multiple times in the 2020 general election, WKMG-TV in Orlando reported. This type of voter fraud is classified as a third-degree felony and is punishable by up to five years in prison.
                    Ketcik, 63, allegedly voted by mail in Florida last October and attempted to cast an absentee ballot in his home state of Michigan, according to the court records. Halstead, 71, allegedly voted in person and also attempted to cast an absentee ballot in New York. Both individuals were arrested after turning themselves in at the Sumter County Jail on outstanding charges.
                    Rider, 61, on the other hand, was arrested on December 3 at the Port Canaveral, Florida, cruise ship terminal. It is unclear if he was attempting to board a ship. The details of his alleged voter fraud have not been disclosed, but prosecutors indicated in the records that he attempted to vote in Florida and in another state.
                    Available court records do not mention which candidates the three voted for in the 2020 general election, but voter registration records indicate that they are each registered as
                    Republicans. Facebook pages belonging to Ketcik and Halstead reportedly shared posts in support of former President Donald Trump.
                    Though voter fraud has been pushed by Trump as a widespread problem that cost him the presidency in 2020, neither the former president nor his allies have evidence to support the claim. A report from 2007 found that Americans were more likely to be struck by lightning than to impersonate someone else while voting.

I'm sure if Trump keeps looking he will just find more people that cheated for him...

Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Hmm, apparently not everyone is pleading the 5th or stonewalling the investigation. Long read, but an excellent article:

Two Jan. 6 Organizers Are Coming Forward and Naming Names: ‘We’re Turning It All Over’

After losing faith in Trump, the pair plan to hand over text messages, Instagram direct messages, and other documents related to the planning of the Jan. 6 rally on the Ellipse where Trump spoke
                      Dustin Stockman and Jennifer Lawrence plan to hand over texts, Instagram DMs, and other documents related to the planning of the Jan. 6 Ellipse rally

Comment

• Historian Heather Cox Richardson in today's Letter From An American FB post:

Year-end accounts of the U.S. economy are very strong indeed. According to Bloomberg and the Wall Street Journal—which are certainly not giddy media outlets—U.S. economic output has jumped more than 7% in the last three months of 2021. Overall growth for 2021 should be about 6%, and economists predict growth of around 4% in 2022—the highest numbers the U.S. has seen in decades. China’s growth in the same period will be 4%, and the eurozone (which is made up of the member countries of the European Union that use the euro) will grow at 2%.

The U.S. is “outperforming the world by the biggest margin in the 21st century,” wrote Matthew A. Winkler in Bloomberg, “and with good reason: America’s economy improved more in Joe Biden’s first 12 months than any president during the past 50 years….”

In February, Biden’s first month in office, the jobless rate was 6.2%; today it has dropped to 4.2%. This means the Biden administration has created 4.1 million jobs, more than were created in the 12 years of the Trump and George W. Bush administrations combined. Wages in America are growing at about 4% a year, compared with less than 1% a year in the eurozone, as worker shortages and strikes at places like Deere & Co. (which makes John Deere products) and Kellogg’s are pushing wages up and as states increase minimum wages.

The American Rescue Plan, passed by Democrats in March without a single Republican vote, cut child poverty in half by putting $66 billion into 36 million households. More than 4.6 million Americans who were not previously insured have gotten healthcare coverage through the Affordable Care Act, bringing the total covered to a record 13.6 million. When Biden took office, about 46% of schools were open; currently the rate is 99%. In November, Congress passed a $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill that will repair bridges and roads and get broadband to places that still don’t have it.

Support for consumers has bolstered U.S. companies, which are showing profit margins higher than they have been since 1950, at 15%. Companies have reduced their debt, which has translated to a strong stock market.

The American economy is the strongest it’s been in decades, with the U.S. leading the world in economic growth.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                          Hmm, apparently not everyone is pleading the 5th or stonewalling the investigation. Long read, but an excellent article:

Dustin Stockman and Jennifer Lawrence plan to hand over texts, Instagram DMs, and other documents related to the planning of the Jan. 6 Ellipse rally

Do you think anyone cares?
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• You learned nothing from the russian collusion witch hunt. You probably knew it was fake the whole time.

Comment

• I bet there isn't one person that believes in this January 65th BS that didn't also believe all the Russia, Russia, Russia Hoax. IT'S ALL THE SAME PEOPLE! What does that tell you?

Comment

Working...
                              X