Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An actual political thread

Post crap here.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Ice cream. It takes all of your worries away. It is soothing and delicious, and personable: everyone has a favorite flavor! Ice cream brings people with dementia to happier, warmer times when the treat was shared with friends and loved ones at special, joyous occasions. Ice cream has the power to immediately elicit soothing feelings at the very first taste of a single spoon-full. It erases all the negative feel ings related to the frustration and continues to stimulate pleasure receptors in the brain with every new scoop. And dementia (here is the best part!) allows one to fully enjoy the treat, with no concerns for calories, weight gain or dietary needs, completely guilt free! For people with dementia, ice cream is far more effective and safe than Prozac, or any other "happy" drug on the market!

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
      Post crap here.
      I would like to thank Kidicious for starting this thrade.

Comment

I would like to welcome Kidicious back after his long absence from the forum.

Comment

I would like to place a poast here.

Comment

This thrade has changed my life.

Comment

Post crap here.
              This is an excellent suggestion. I have taken this advice and I now feel a very deep sense of satisfaction following my successful placement of poasts in this thrade.

Comment

Thank you for making this thrade great again.

Comment

Thank you for making this thrade great again.

M.T.G.A.

Make Threads Great Again

Comment

I just read that that the Food and Drug Administration tweeted that humans are not horses. The same article talks about a Senator who is talking about using a horse deworming drug for Covid.

You could not make this stuff up as it too bizarre to be fiction.

This Rand Paul fellow would make an awesome comedian.

Kentucky senator tells constituents he is ‘in the middle’ on use of anti-parasitic FDA has implored Americans not to take

Comment

You'll still have Covid, but at least you won't have worms.

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
                        You'll still have Covid, but at least you won't have worms.
                        We may never know because the FDA refuses to do a study, but people that have taken it say it helps.

Comment

I'm agnostic on ivermectin's efficacy, but in the name of basic decency: y'all have no idea how often actual doctors will just throw whatever they got at a disease based on the slenderest possible evidence. At least half the neb treatments I give are for patients who won't benefit (the most common reason for ordering this stuff is "placebo"), and when it comes to treating COVID they'll prescribe eye of newt because their wives saw a youtube video or some ****. Like pulmozyme/dornase alpha. It's for cystic fibrosis; there's no reason you'd expect it to help with COVID. I've still known docs to try it. Pulmonologists, even. Because when you just know the poor SOB will be dead in three days, you have nothing to lose.

As for ivermectin itself: there's no reason why, naively, you'd expect an anti-parasite drug to help with a virus. I haven't looked into the evidence at all, personally. But it's not that unusual for one drug to have multiple, totally unrelated indications. Spironolactone is a potassium-sparing diuretic which is also often used in male-to-female transitions. Acetylcysteine is an antidote for acetaminophen overdose, but it's also inhaled to break up thick mucus (I'm not convinced it works for the latter, and the clinical evidence is supposedly thin, but there are plenty of doctors who disagree!) And hydroxychloroquine--remember that?--has two major, commonly accepted indications: malaria (parasitic infection) and various autoimmune conditions like lupus. So what the hell, try the heartworm drug. Why not.
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

The Rachel Madcow show has been cancelled. I guess Russia Russia Russia is starting to get old.

Comment

Former President Donald Trump went on a radio show Monday and complained at length that some news outlets were covering the devastating Hurricane Ida more than what he called his "great agreement" with the Taliban.
                              "All they talked about was the hurricane"
                              What a moron...
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X