No announcement yet.

An actual political thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporter asked Pelosi if she thought she could do a better job selling the commie agenda and Pelosi almost lost her poop, blaming the media for not doing a better job selling the commie agenda.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Commie... commie... commie.... The new Republican bogeyman. Anything that helps the poor is commie this and commie that.
      And all the sheep keep repeating it, even though they have no real clue what communism actually is.
      But leave it to the sheep to keep posting what their masters tell them...

And Kid goes all crazy about this rape because of the perp... While never giving a damn about all the rapes by fraternities and athletes that are covered up on a regular basis by schools... but we all know why that is the case...
      Most people I know are concerned about ALL RAPES, not just ones you try to use to make a political statement.

Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Saying that people like Pelosi are just trying to help the poor is commie.

Comment

• Protecting rapists. Have you no shame?!

Comment

• -Jrabbit
            -Jrabbit commented
            Editing a comment
            No one here is trying to protect the rapist, you pathetic troll. He is, in fact, under arrest.

• Kidlicious
            Kidlicious commented
            Editing a comment
            That's a lie! Ming protected him by falsely accusing his accuser!

• Ming
            Ming commented
            Editing a comment
            Please point out where I protected him... oh that's right, you can't.
            You just made it up like the rest of your typical Bs.

• Two more nonsense posts by Kid...
          I guess those responses weren't taught in Sheep school...
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

• So one level of Ming's lies is that I went crazy because of a rape. No. He said that to redirect focus away from the commies in the government that said that domestic terrorists are terrorizing schools boards when the truth is that it was only the father of a girl that was raped at school.

Comment

• More made up nonsense from Kid...
              But we expect that kind of crap from sheep...
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

• One of the Louden County School Board members that colluded with other members to push Critical Race Theory has been forced to resign.

Comment

• Many of the crooks that colluded with your cult leader are in jail...
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                    Many of the crooks that colluded with your cult leader are in jail...
                    So you just keep repeating that lie, and accusing other people of repeating lies?

Comment

• Here Are the Groceries You Might Be Missing On Store Shelves

OCTOBER 14, 2021 – 9:34 AM – 0 COMMENTS
                      32By JESSICA SAGER @ohheyjesssager

(iStock)
                      Food shortages at your local supermarket are about to be a new normal—if they aren’t already.

“Current shortages result from a combination of increased demand—USDA data shows that demand for foods is up 13% versus last year—and tightening supply,” Xavier Naville, author of The Lettuce Diaries: How A Frenchman Found Gold Growing Vegetables In China, food processing company founder and executive and strategy coach explained to Parade. “Depending on categories, tightening supply can come from adverse climate conditions: for example, Canada’s harvest of durum wheat used in pasta is down 30% compared to last year; or it can be because many food factories are operating below capacity because of COVID-19 restrictions in production (i.e., more distance between workers fin meat processing).”

One silver lining: The actual food is still there.

“In most cases, you’re not dealing with actual food shortages but with disruptions in the supply chain,” Naville says. “When it comes to food imports, other factors come into play. Two-thirds of the apple concentrate consumed in the United States comes from China, and a large portion of its fish catch is shipped to China to be processed and re-exported. With Chinese ports showing a 7-day average of 206 ships waiting at ports versus 82 ships pre-COVID, logistics for such items is likely to be inconsistent too. And with Chinese factories operating at reduced capacity because of power restrictions, supply issues for food products destined to the US market like frozen or dried vegetables used as ingredients in soups or ready meals will be impacted too.”

Find out what groceries may be missing due to global food shortages at stores—and please, don’t panic. This, too, shall pass.
                      Are food shortages coming?

In short: Yes.

There are a number of reasons for this, and, yes, you guessed it: One of them is the COVID-19 pandemic. There are also labor shortages and supply chain issues due to a number of other problems, including climate change affecting crops and rising energy prices worldwide. As a result, you’re likely to see some shortages of certain food items while shopping, though supplies may vary depending on time and location.
                      What foods will be in short supply?

There may be a poultry shortage.

(iStock)
                      Turkey and chicken will likely specifically be in short supply, experts say. The turkey shortage is predominantly of smaller turkeys: Many families had smaller gatherings for Thanksgiving 2020 and will likely do the same for Thanksgiving 2021, making the demand for smaller birds skyrocket above the available supply. What’s more, the price of grain went up, making the birds that are available more expensive. Many grocers have also noted that there’s been a chicken shortage, with Tyson Chicken pointing the finger at labor shortages in the pandemic as the primary reason.

Related: What Chick-fil-A Sauce Shortage? This Copycat Recipe Lets You Have It Whenever You Want
                      A beef and bacon shortage may plague our plates.

(iStock)
                      Where’s the beef? It may not be on your store shelves. In June, a ransomware attack targeted one of the biggest beef suppliers in the world. As a result, beef is often still in relatively short supply at many grocery stores, as well as higher in price than ever before. Shoppers have also reported bacon being hard to come by and increasingly expensive.
                      Carbonated beverages, beer, and soda may be harder to come by.

(iStock)
                      You may want to savor your La Croix and Diet Coke more than ever: Power and fuel shortages in Europe and China reportedly may cause disruptions that will trickle down through numerous industries. The energy crisis caused a fertilizer shortage, which, in turn, led to a shortage of carbon dioxide. This means there may be carbon dioxide to put bubbles in your soft drinks and that glorious foam on your beer. There may also be aluminum shortages, meaning not just will carbonated drinks be in short supply, but canned ones may be especially scarce.
                      It’s a pumpkin shortage, Charlie Brown!

Good grief! Canned pumpkin may be in short supply for the second year in a row. Because 2020 wasn’t enough of a hellscape thanks to COVID-19, Mother Nature added a drought to the mix that hurt pumpkin crops. This year, the spread of a fungus on many pumpkin crops in Illinois—from which most canned pumpkin and pumpkin puree is sourced—may make getting your autumnal flavor fix even harder.
                      There may be a pet food shortage.

According to Reuters, price hikes on ingredients like corn, soy, and meat, as well as certain oils, have led to price increases on pet food, with certain retailers like Target and Amazon actually facing pet food shortages. Also contributing to pet food shortages is one otherwise silver lining to the pandemic: An average of 12.6% of households got a new pet between March and December 2020, leading to a higher demand for pet supplies.
                      Bottled water shortages may flood stores.

(iStock)
                      Now might be the best time ever to invest in a water filter, because bottled water has been scarce for many shoppers. It’s one of several items that Costco specifically has put buying limits on for customers. This is largely due to droughts in many areas (themselves a result of climate change), as well as an overall shortage of plastic —and, of course, good old-fashioned panic-buying.
                      Paper towel and toilet paper shortages may be back.

Hold onto your hiney, because toilet paper shortages may be a plague we can’t quite escape yet. Costco has limited toilet paper purchases for customers, with paper towels also taking a hit. (May we suggest a bidet and/or some microfiber cloths?)

Related: These Cheap Grocery List Ideas Will Help You Save Money and Stay on Budget
                      There may be a shortage of Lunchables and juice boxes.

The pandemic has disrupted supply chains across the board in a number of ways, making many moms nervous at the grocery store (and potentially leaving picky-eaters hangry). Many shoppers have noticed empty shelves where Lunchables were once stacked high, as well as shortages of juice and sports drinks, with many stores saying that the products won’t be readily available as normal until as far as 2022.

Lunchables’ parent company, Kraft Heinz, told TODAY in a statement, “Compared to 2019, nearly 2 million more households bought Kraft Heinz brands in the second quarter of 2021. We are also seeing all-time high demand for many of our brands, including Lunchables, which in that case has been driven by proactive steps and investments in marketing and brand renovation that deliver on expectations of modern parents and kids. As such, Lunchables is seeing double-digit growth for the first time in 5 years … We’re actively investing in our supply chains and have teams working fast and furiously so our retailers and consumers can get more of the Kraft Heinz products they love, wherever they like to shop.”
                      Canned food shortages may be common.

(iStock)
                      Aluminum is in short supply for a lot of manufacturers, so those of you who love to stock up at Can Can Sales (we see you and we respect it) may have a tougher time this year. In addition to aluminum shortages, there’s also simply the fact that more people are cooking at home (and, let’s be honest, doomsday prepping), thereby increasing the demand for canned food overall. And as the demand increases and the availability of aluminum decreases, you guessed it: Canned goods will be a lot more expensive.

Comment

• My local Walmart is out of lettuce and they said there isn't any in the warehouse.

Comment

• Docs received through the FOIA show that there was no good reason to shoot Ashli Babbit. It is exactly what it looks like. She was unarmed and climbing through a broken window. If you were a home owner and shot someone climbing through your window you would be charged with murder in most places.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                            -Jrabbit commented
                            Editing a comment
                            This may be your stupidest post this week. And that's saying a lot.

• Un****ingbelievabe. This shows exactly how stupid people are and what ridiculous crap they feed the morons to keep power and weaponize the government.

Infamous dossier source Christopher Steele to be interviewed by George Stephanopoulos

By
                          Callie Patteson
                          October 15, 2021 2:41pm
                          Updated
                          Christopher Steele will speak with "Good Morning America" host George Stephanopoulos in a pre-recorded interview.AFP via Getty ImagesMORE ON:DOSSIER

Former MI6 agent Christopher Steele is appearing in his first televised interview since he was named as the source of the explosive — and since discredited — dossier about former President Donald Trump and his alleged activity in Russia, which was later found to have been used as the basis for the “collusion” investigation.

On Monday, Steele will be seen speaking with “Good Morning America” host George Stephanopoulos in a pre-recorded interview for a new documentary series launched by the ABC host. Monday’s episode is titled “Out of the Shadows,” appearing to reference how the former spy went into hiding when his “findings” were discredited following their release.

The network has touted the interview as Steele’s “first television interview ever,” and Stephanolopous revealed the interview will cover “all the ground.”

“He has been silent since that broke across the world five years ago…,” he said, referencing the dossier. “He spoke up for the first time for this documentary.”

In 2016, Steele wrote a controversial report about Trump’s alleged links to Russia during the 2016 campaign, claiming there was collusion between Trump’s campaign and Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Both parties denied the allegations and Trump has lambasted the former spy.

“This man should be extradited, tried and thrown into jail,” Trump said of Steele in a tweet in July 2020. “A sick lier [sic] who was paid by Crooked Hillary and the DNC!”

Among his accusations, published in January 2017, Steele claimed Trump frolicked among peeing prostitutes in the presidential suite of Moscow’s Ritz Carlton, alleging Russian’s intelligence services had video of the incident.
                          Former MI6 agent Christopher Steele will be interviewed by George Stephanopoulos (pictured).ABC via Getty Images
                          While the claims attracted massive attention to the newly elected president, many were later debunked as they had been based solely on hearsay — buy not before the dossier triggered the Russian “collusion” investigation.
                          SEE ALSO

New FBI documents show early lack of evidence for Trump-Russia claims

For his snooping — specifically into Trump — Steele was contracted by Fusion GPS, a DC-based intelligence company that was later discovered to have been funded by Hillary Clinton.

In 2020, Steele was ordered by a British court to pay $23,000 in damages to two Russian businessmen who he had claimed paid bribes to Putin in the 1990s.

Shortly after, FBI documents came to light showing agency leadership knew early on that the dossier they used to pursue an investigation of Trump did not hold up to scrutiny.

According to the papers, released by the Senate Judiciary Committee, disgraced agent Peter Strzok and his bosses were aware in January 2017 that the “Steele dossier” produced by a former MI6 agent was based only on rumors and third-hand accounts.

While he hasn’t spoken about his fallacious work in interviews, Steele has defended the dossier since it was released.

In March 2020, he spoke at a private Oxford Union meeting where he defended his work, saying, “I stand by the integrity of our work, our sources and what we did.”

Comment

• Berzerker
                            Berzerker commented
                            Editing a comment
                            hmm...foreigners colluding with political campaign to interfere in the election, where is Robert Mueller

• Kidlicious
                            Kidlicious commented
                            Editing a comment
                            "That's not my purview."
                            - Robert Mueller

• We need an investigation into this after the Republicans take back the Senate.

Loudoun County schools chief apologizes for failing to protect teen victims; board member resigns

Superintendent Scott Ziegler spoke at a press conference where he apologized to both of the alleged victims and their parents for not doing more to ensure their safety.

EnableBy Colton Salaz
                          Updated: October 15, 2021 - 7:46pm
                          Amid backlash over two alleged sexual assaults that occurred on school grounds, the Superintendent of Loudoun County School District in Virginia issued an apology Friday, while a school board member who was targeted by a recall petition resigned.

According to Fox News, Superintendent Scott Ziegler spoke at a press conference where he apologized to both of the alleged victims and their parents for not doing more to ensure their safety.

"First, let me say to the families and students involved — my heart aches for you and I am sorry that we failed to provide the safe, welcoming, and affirming environment that we aspire to provide," Ziegler said at the press briefing Friday. “We acknowledge and share in your pain and we will continue to offer support to help you and your families through this trauma."

The superintendent's announcement comes following the arrest of a 15-year-old boy who is accused of sexually assaulting two female students, at two separate high schools in the area.

According to local news station WUSA, the first assault was reported on May 28 at Stone Bridge High School, while another one allegedly occurred last week on Oct. 8 at Broad Run High School.

The parent of one of the alleged victims was arrested at a June school board meeting, where he shouted at officials for not doing more to protect his daughter.

School board member Beth Barts announced her resignation in the wake of a recall drive, and after allegedly being censured by the school board over social media posts and community interactions that were assessed to be inappropriate.

On March 4, the school board voted to censure Barts for violating its code of conduct. Barts’ social media activity and various interactions with Loudoun County Public Schools community members — which were deemed inappropriate or inflammatory — led to the censure.

it is unclear whether her resignation was in connection with the alleged assaults.

"This was not an easy decision or a decision made in haste,” Barts said in a statement. “After much thought and careful consideration, it is the right decision for me and my family.”

The teenage boy accused of assaulting both girls was charged by local law enforcement.

Comment

• Kidlicious
                            Kidlicious commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I never said that.

• -Jrabbit
                            -Jrabbit commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You also clearly believe that it's "my body my choice" when it comes to masks and vaccines -- but not when a woman's reproductive system is involved.
                            Your blatant hypocrisy and transparent faux morality of political convenience know no bounds. You disgust me.

• Kidlicious
                            Kidlicious commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Oh now you change the subject to baby killing.
                        Working...
                        X