No announcement yet.

Big Tech Brother watch/fan boy thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think of Twitter as a Christian bakery, and Trumps post as a gay wedding cake. Should Twitter be forced to serve Trump?

Its a poor analogy, but still amusing.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
      And how are they acting like the government again...
      Plus, "They can no use coercion to enforce unwritten laws." doesn't even make sense.
      Their sites have rules, and Trump broke them. And he paid the price. I guess that concept is to simple for you to understand.
      It's like no shoes, no shirt no service... but I guess you think that is a company acting like the government and using coercion or whatever...
      Trump has the right to take his business elsewhere.
      So what are you whining about again?
      I believe "No shirt, no service" is a law. And if it isn't then corporations can't prevent others from operating businesses that don't require you to wear a shirt.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• -Jrabbit
        -Jrabbit commented
        Editing a comment
        It is NOT a law.
        “No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service” was a response by businesses in the 1960s and 1970s to keep long-haired hippies out of stores and restaurants. There are no federal or state laws to this effect. However, there are laws that allow businesses to make their own regulations. This phrase has become an accepted norm.
        Google search, first result, under 10 seconds. Faster than than time it took you to type yet another factually incorrect "I believe" post.

• BeBMan
        BeBMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Kid wins again. Ooops

• Kidlicious
        Kidlicious commented
        Editing a comment
        What a petty little man.

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
      Should Twitter be forced to serve Trump?
      Boiled or roasted?

Blah

Comment

Trump a l’orange
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

He's a total failure as pres, but may still make an ok steakholder...
          Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
            Think of Twitter as a Christian bakery, and Trumps post as a gay wedding cake. Should Twitter be forced to serve Trump?

Its a poor analogy, but still amusing.
            1) Twitter isn't opposed to the incitement of violence. "Hang Pence" is trending.

2) Trump didn't incite violence. Stop pretending like he did. That's just playing stupid.

3) I don't really care what they do as long as they don't use their power to harm others.

Comment

Newsweek lied about Parler, claiming that they refused to remove bad content.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

1) Twitter isn't opposed to the incitement of violence. "Hang Pence" is trending.

2) Trump didn't incite violence. Stop pretending like he did. That's just playing stupid.

3) I don't really care what they do as long as they don't use their power to harm others.

They can enforce there rules however they like... Their OPINION actually matters, even if you disagree how they enforce different examples.
                And you are welcome to your opinion that he didn't incite violence, but most disagree with you. So most would consider that you are the one being stupid.
                And gee... some would consider stopping morons from spreading lies and inciting violence actually protects others, not harm others. The only person being inconvenienced is the liar, and they still have the option to take their lies to other places that do accept that kind of crap...
                And you have to yet to come up with any support for your incorrect opinion that what they are doing is illegal.
                There site, their rules...
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post

There site, their rules...
                  No! The country is who enforce the rules, not the site. The American site should follow the American Constitution.

When they praise BLM and Antifa, who burnt cities for months and call them "mostly peaceful" and then ban people who have a different opinion after a single peaceful and unarmed protest action - that is called a rape of the first amendment!

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                    -Jrabbit commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The American Constitution only says the government cannot make laws that abridge free speech. Businesses and individuals can do as they wish.

First amendment actual text:
                    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
                    Passed 9/25/1789 as part of the Bill of Rights, which was ratified into law on 12/15/1791.

You are just living in a World of Mingascism, where you pretend to play God with a tiny hammer.

Comment

Come on, do it! Ban me!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Serb View Post
                      No! The country is who enforce the rules, not the site. The American site should follow the American Constitution.
                      And how exactly are they violating the American Constitution?
                      While people have the "freedom of speech"... the constitution does not give people the right to FORCE others to repeat what they say or provide them with a platform to say it. Companies have the right to set rules, and enforce them how ever they wish as longs as the rules and how they enforce them is not against the law. And unless the law changes, these social media platforms are not breaking any current law.

Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Serb View Post
                        Come on, do it! Ban me!!!
                        Believe me when I say, I will if I want to... like what has been done in the past.

When you go beyond reason, and are no longer entertaining, it will indeed happen
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

Sad day when Russians have to tell you that you shouldn't try to shut people up so that you can lie about them without anyone getting the truth.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                            -Jrabbit commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Trump is POTUS. He can appear on the networks at any time he chooses. He can call in to his buddies on right-wing TV. He can hold press conferences. He can issue official statements. No one is impeding his free speech. He is still the leader of our nation for another week.

The only thing he has lost is his preferred platform. Waa-waa-waa. Cry me a river.

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                          Sad day when Russians have to tell you that you shouldn't try to shut people up so that you can lie about them without anyone getting the truth.

Trump is still welcome to scream his lies all he wants, like he is still doing.
                          These companies just no longer want to be a part of it. Their RIGHT!
                          You would be the first one to scream bloody murder if somebody forced you to scream praises about Dems, women, gay people, Muslims, immigrants or any other such group.
                          Again, Trump has other options... nobody is saying he can't say it, just that they won't give him a platform to do so.
                          He can always call his buddies at Fox News or other Alt Right outlets, and they will help him spread his lies all he wants.
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                          X