Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what is up with the anti-government group in Michigan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He is a fascist.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
      Antifa isn't a group either. It is an political stance held by a wide range of individuals and groups.
      Sorry, but every single cell is a group with an organized leadership.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
        Antifa isn't a group either. It is an political stance held by a wide range of individuals and groups.

This "antifa" seems to encompass a large number of different groups with apparently disparate goals and ideolegies leaving me without a clear idea of what ttheir goals are therefore I find it impossible to support them.

Many of them sound batsh^t crazy so I would like them to disappear from the face of the earth.

Calling themselves "anti fascist" sounds like nothing more than a label, a label intended to have an emotional effect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post

Sorry, but every single cell is a group with an organized leadership.
          Meaningless tautology. All groups are groups. You're just substituting a synonym for group.

Even among groups that put Antifa in their name there is a vast difference in organizational structure, activities, associations with other groups, and desired outcomes. They are generally autonomous and individuals can also be antifa and autonomous.

The only thing antifa groups and individuals necessarily have in common is the professed opposition to fascism.
          Last edited by Aeson; October 18, 2020, 22:43.

Comment

• Originally posted by Braindead View Post

This "antifa" seems to encompass a large number of different groups with apparently disparate goals and ideolegies leaving me without a clear idea of what ttheir goals are therefore I find it impossible to support them.

Many of them sound batsh^t crazy so I would like them to disappear from the face of the earth.

Calling themselves "anti fascist" sounds like nothing more than a label, a label intended to have an emotional effect.
            The only consistent meaning to it is opposition to fascists. It's not a meaningful label in any other regard.

There are antifa charities that house refugees. There are antifa artists who make crafts with inspirational messages to sell on etsy. There are antifa tankies who would gladly send you to the gulags. There are antifa pacifists who only eat fruit to avoid hurting animals or plants. There are antifa anarchists who would like to see the world burn. There are antifa anarchists that just want to have a homestead and be left alone.

Comment

• Aeson admits to being Antifa. Now if we can only get Ming to admit it.

Comment

• All Aeson has admitted is that he dislikes fascists.

I admit that I also dislike fascists.

I dislike antifa because disliking fascists does not mean I support antifa or any group in antifa.

Comment

• Nope. He said he dislikes fascists and that he's Antifa.

Comment

• I grow fruits and veggies and reforest degraded land. Kid thinks this makes me a dangerous left wing extremist.

Comment

• ricketyclik
                      ricketyclik commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I think it's more that your posts are characterised by reason.

• You admitted to being Antifa.

Comment

• If you start growing mangos Kid may reconsider.
                      Blah

Comment

• btw, what happen to your Maoist hat?

Comment

• Originally posted by Braindead View Post

Exactly. The broad thrust of the group is revolutionary communism which makes the violent murderers as far as I am concerned and they should be dealt with exactly as such.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Let's hope they see the light and become nonviolent murderers.
                            Blah

Comment

• Antifa community farm.

Comment

Working...
                              X