Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what is up with the anti-government group in Michigan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what is up with the anti-government group in Michigan?

I’m confused as hell about this one. Apparently, five militiamen were arrested in Michigan (seven are wanted but still at large) for plotting to kidnap and supposedly have a trial for Michigan Governor Whitmer (a Democrat). Supposedly these guys hoped this would kick off a new civil war for some reason. I noticed that left wing media is claiming they are a “far riot group “ while conservative sources are claiming they are an Antifa cell.

All of the social media for this group seems to have been deleted though reporters have found stuff via the way back machine and it shows the supposed ring leader with an anarchist flag hanging on his wall ranting about the need to abolish the police and his desire for a supposed anarcho-Communist utopia. I have no idea what the other suspects beliefs are.

So what gives?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Since Americans have no right wing terrorists only armed patriots, there were armed patriots trying to overthrow a Democrat woman governor and start a civil war.

Stupid. They jumped the gun. Clearly the instructions were to 'Stand By'.
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Their paramilitary group, the Wolverine Watchmen, were friends of Oklahomans McVeigh & Nichols back in the '90s. But, I guess there are good people on both sides.
      Agents foiled a stunning plot to kidnap Michigan Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, authorities said Thursday in announcing charges in an alleged scheme that involved months of planning and even rehearsals to snatch Whitmer from her vacation home.
      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Berzerker
        Berzerker commented
        Editing a comment
        Trump was talking about people on both sides of the debate over statue removal, he specifically condemned white supremacists, neo-Nazis and the KKK

• Uncle Sparky
        Uncle Sparky commented
        Editing a comment
        If you look down a few posts, I have a link to the Detroit news in April, which states in part, "..., a minute later, the president tweeted "LIBERATE MICHIGAN!"

Minutes after that, he added in another message, "LIBERATE VIRGINIA, and save your great 2nd Amendment. It is under siege!"

All three states have Democratic governors and all three governors have faced criticism for actions they've taken to combat COVID-19. The stay-at-home order by Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam is in effect until June 10, one of the longest orders nationally.

Trump's tweets came the same day a protest took place against Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz's stay-at-home restrictions.

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer has faced opposition from Republicans and business groups that argue she went too far in her April 9 extended and expanded stay-at-home order. A Wednesday protest about the order in Michigan brought thousands to Lansing."

It was very clearly a call to arms to defend 'your great 2nd Amendment'. And yes, I agree, Trump says so much bat sh!t crazy stuff it is difficult to keep track of. This time it was, "LIBERATE (all caps) Michigan." He praised the armed idjits who stormed the state house in Lansing after.

more idjits

Comment

Answering Trump's call to "LIBERATE MICHIGAN". FBI should be looking for similar plots in Minnesota and Virginia.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
          Uncle Sparky commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds like treason to me. Does the FBI know where they can pick up this 'Trump'? Probably an alias.

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
        Since Americans have no right wing terrorists only armed patriots, there were armed patriots trying to overthrow a Democrat woman governor and start a civil war.

Stupid. They jumped the gun. Clearly the instructions were to 'Stand By'.
        That was only for the Proud Boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
          Answering Trump's call to "LIBERATE MICHIGAN". FBI should be looking for similar plots in Minnesota and Virginia.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...rs/5152037002/
          They are leftist.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

They are leftist.
            Anarchism is on a different axis.

Comment

I know April was a long time ago, but if you're looking for whose marching orders the terrorists are following look no further -
              President Trump targeted Michigan, Minnesota and Virginia in tweets Friday calling for officials to "liberate" the states.

Comment

Anarchism is on a different axis.
                Anarchists that try to start civil wars are leftists.

Comment

No. All anarchists want the fall of government, which is always going to require civil war of some sort. Their views on a left right axis can be anywhere.

Comment

No. I know anarchists that are non-violent. If you are a violent anarchist you are allied to commies etc...

Comment

I know prepper, individualist, Christians who are anarchists. There's 7.6billion people in the world. Plenty to spread across vast spectrums and compilations of ideas.

Comment

Any anarchist who doesn't want to see the fall of government is not an anarchist. Any anarchist who thinks gov will just disappear without a fight is delusional.

Comment

Any anarchist who doesn't want to see the fall of government is not an anarchist. Any anarchist who thinks gov will just disappear without a fight is delusional.
                          They are all delusional. They are extremists, like you.

Comment

Working...
                          X