No announcement yet.

Wot no coronavirus thread? Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't believe that, even in the best of times, Americans would ever have tolerated an extended lockdown. Individual liberty is simply too large a component in our collective identity. In Trumpworld, of course, this has been cranked up to eleven, the same as everything else, but I don't think it's helpful to fixate on Trump himself. Trump is a symptom of a broader social ailment which will not go away whenever he does. I have modest hopes that it might quiet down a little without a troll in the WH, but our current situation has been decades in the making and has a momentum independent of the poor stupid ape who happens to be riding it.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• "Social ailment" is the only thing that keeps you from living under a communist dictatorship like people in Hong Kong now. But maybe that's not a concern to you.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• ricketyclik
        ricketyclik commented
        Editing a comment
        That's just laughable. Most other OECD nations on the planet don't have nearly your wealth disparity, lack of access to health care and dog eat dog mentality, and aren't anywhere close to being Communist.

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
      Over the past week, the nation has suffered a 20 percent increase in new diagnosed cases, a 13 percent rise in hospitalizations and an 11 percent rise in daily deaths.

And Trump last night was still saying that the pandemic was “ending anyway.”
      Americans are dying, and his followers keep believing this crap...
      Maybe because the vaccine is going to be available to frontline health care workers by the end of the year. But everyone knows you just want to get a crime boss elected.

Comment

• We already have a crime boss as president...
        Americans continue to die... the virus is sweeping the country... and all the president can do is try to wish it away and hold super spreader events...
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
          We already have a crime boss as president...
          Americans continue to die... the virus is sweeping the country... and all the president can do is try to wish it away and hold super spreader events...
          You only have a fake narrative, no evidence.

Comment

• Again. you don't have indictments.
            Trump is under investigation by New York prosecutors. That's not FAKE, it's a fact.
            You seem to keep forgetting that...
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Contact tracing has tracked new cases to Trump events in MN.
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Yep... Trump continues to hold super spreader events, keeps claiming it's going away, and more Americans die.
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

• On Labor Day we were at 35,000 cases per day. Now we are over 70,000.
                  Over 9 Million total cases, resulting in over 232,000 dead Americans.
                  Glad to see we are turning the corner.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Yep... he's just going to do nothing and let American die until a vaccine is ready... which won't be available for most people until later next year... but he will continue to hold more super spreader events.
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

• White House science office listed "ending the COVID-19 pandemic" as one of President Trump's accomplishments.

8,850,000 cases... over 225K deaths with the number of daily cases increasing... and Trump ended the pandemic.

I want what they are smoking.
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Sounds like he wants to cram in as much nonsense as possible before the elections. Great strategy.

Of course could be he still performs magic this evening and the US will arrive at 0 cases tomorrow, after this "end".

Blah

Comment

• Since Trump does the best against the least educated Americans, I guess he thinks they will believe anything he says.
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

• The U.S. set a record this week for new coronavirus cases over a seven-day period with more than 500,000 infections. An American is testing positive every 1.2 seconds.
                            Daily deaths are also climbing – one of us is dying every 107 seconds, according to Johns Hopkins data.
                            Trump's administration has just given up trying to contain it, and is just letting Americans Die...
                            And, he is hosting super spreader events to help it along...
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Many nations around the world distribute home treatment kits for people infected with the China Virus, but not the US and other Western nations thanks to Fauci's NIH.

Comment

Working...
                            X