Wot no coronavirus thread? Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ming View Post
    While you are welcome to your opinion... Covid isn't going anywhere soon, with MANY EXPERTS predicting a bad Fall and Winter.
    Fauci didn't actually predict a spike. He warned of one if we don't "hunker down."

I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Well... if people follow the example set by the Republicans...

It's going to be a long winter.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

I mean we will have close to herd immunity imo, and the transmission rate will be much lower.
        You realize that the formula for herd immunity is 1-1/R0 -> so for Covid-19 this means at least 75% of the population have to have caught and recovered from the disease. We are nowhere close to that.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
          Uncle Sparky commented
          Editing a comment
          And everyone by now should realize that people are being tested positive after being cured of COVID 19. There have been confirmed cases in the US and Canada so far. You cannot become immune to a coronavirus.

America is a ****ing disaster and it didn't start with Donald Trump.

Coronavirus is a political label assigned to a whole host of families of strains of "bugs"

(SOME PEOPLE IN HIGH POSITIONS WILL VITRIOLICALLY PROTEST THIS STATEMENT^^^^

Learn more about the COVID-19 variants, including the Omicron variant, and what that means for people’s health.

beyond that, it's human beings with community PR messaging playing authoritative semantics with political labels hoping that adds some magic to the complex system

oh and **** DONALD TRUMP
        [How Many Coronaviruses Are There?

Coronaviruses didn’t just pop up recently. They’re a large family of viruses that have been around for a long time. Many of them can make people ill with sniffles or coughing. Before the SARS-CoV-2 outbreak, coronaviruses were thought to cause only mild respiratory infections in people.
        get people cornered, media, and starting asking tough questions about the FAMILY of CORONAVIRUSES and how they DIDN"T EVOLVE AS A RESULT OF HUMAN IMPACT/CLIMATE CHANGE

inject "human impact""and thus denial of such" into the narrative

it helps root out asswipes who shouldn't be in a job

community focused PR messaging is a HALLMARK of incompetent dumb ass fake ass people

flat out terrorists who will use authority for their own egotistical ass purposes

American medicine is a giant industrial corporate fraud
        True.
        Donald Trump is a dumb ass piece of ****
        Also true.

For whatever reason, opponents of Trump are trying to create a dichotomy to add legitimacy to their busted ass selves

sorry *******s, but "I'm good by contrast" isn't a ****ing thing.

You're just ALSO another ZERO ****ING NITWIT just like donald trump

whoever the **** you are, out there in TV land, anyone in an institution

and **** the media
        those people are frauds and liars
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post

You realize that the formula for herd immunity is 1-1/R0 -> so for Covid-19 this means at least 75% of the population have to have caught and recovered from the disease. We are nowhere close to that.
          I'm just calling it herd immunity because a large percentage don't have antibodies but are immune. There isn't a way to know how many there are. So we don't know how close we are to effective herd immunity.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
            -Jrabbit commented
            Editing a comment
            It's a technical term. You don't get to just use it to mean whatever you want it to.

because a large percentage don't have antibodies but are immune. There isn't a way to know how many there are.
          A Large percentage???? Please provide some REAL scientific data to back that claim up.
          I guess it depends what you consider a large percentage... the best I've ever seen is about 20%. And that isn't nearly enough to get us to herd status quickly since many won't even consider taking a vaccine.
          Last edited by Ming; September 11, 2020, 17:57.
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

This is one theory about the hidden immunity, but it could be something that we don't understand at all.

While the latest research suggests that antibodies against Covid-19 could be lost in just three months, a new hope has appeared on the horizon: the enigmatic T cell.

Comment

I'm just calling it herd immunity because a large percentage don't have antibodies but are immune.
              That is BS. You don't get immune without antibodies - that would be against all known knowledge about viruses.
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

A Large percentage???? Please provide some REAL scientific data to back that claim up.
                I guess it depends what you consider a large percentage... the best I've ever seen is about 20%. And that isn't nearly enough to get us to herd status quickly since many won't even consider taking a vaccine.
                No one knows what the percentage is, because we don't know what it might be or how to measure it. This guy is calling it dark immunity, like dark matter because there is no way to observe it but we see the effect.

by Karl Friston (Professor of Neuroscience, University College London)  and Deenan Pillay (Professor of Virology, University College…

The percentage of people with dark immunity depends on particular populations. That's why you see very little outbreak in places like Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post

That is BS. You don't get immune without antibodies - that would be against all known knowledge about viruses.
                  Actually... there is "some" percentage of the population that "seems" immune to the current covid virus, even though they have never had this strain. Some think it's due to exposure to other viruses in the past that offer some immunity to the current virus.
                  And there are some other theories out their as well.
                  Research has been done in this area, but most are only directional in nature, and no real conclusions have been reached except for that some people do seem to be immune.
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

Actually... there is "some" percentage of the population that "seems" immune to the current covid virus, even though they have never had this strain.
                    Some people did have defenses against the plage and other nasty stuff and survived back in the old ages, but claiming that it's a reasonable way of handling something not all are immune to is kind of idiotic

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I'm just predicting that new cases are going to decrease.

Comment

I'm just predicting that new cases are going to decrease.
                        Ah, so you believe that the Democrat way are the right way to choose while the trumpist way are the straight way to hell - an improvement

Steven Weinberg

Comment

At least Trump supporters have already herd mentality.
                          Blah

Comment

• pchang
                            pchang commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Or more specifically flock mentality since they are sheeple.

Maybe, just maybe, things might be a little different for the better IF the dems have not gone after trump everyday for the last 4 years. Can you blame trump for not wanting to work with the dems or believe anything they say?? and the dems are just as bad as repubs. They all lie just as much. still waiting for that russian proof. Now,IF they really get something on trump a lot of people will simply just not believe it. especially if its reported on CNN. CNN, nothing more than a walmart tabloid newspaper. what happened?!?

Comment

Working...
                          X