No announcement yet.

In Other News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't imagine anyone choosing electric chair over almost anything.

"
    South Carolina governor signs law giving death row inmates choice between firing squad or electric chair

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• “THEY’RE ALL F'ING SHORT-BUS PEOPLE”: CAPITOL RIOT ATTORNEY MANAGES TO INSULT AT LEAST THREE DIFFERENT GROUPS WHILE DEFENDING 1/6 ACTIONS

Generally speaking, when a person is charged with a crime, they hire an attorney who they hope will strenuously defend them, probably not stopping to even entertain the idea that said attorney have a chat with a reporter and manage to insult millions of people in the process. And while it’s not clear if that’s the approach Jacob Chansley—a.k.a. the “QAnon Shaman,“ a.k.a. the shirtless guy who stormed the Capitol on January 6 wearing face paint and a furry hat with horns—took when assembling his legal team, in the future, he should probably plan to ask any potential lawyers, “You’re not going to use the phrase ‘f'ing ********’ while discussing my case, are you?”

Yes, that’s right. In an interview with Talking Points Memo, Chansley‘s lawyer, Albert Watkins, suggested that his client’s mental state, combined with the impact of Donald Trump’s “propaganda” efforts to convince people the election was stolen and that they should storm the Capitol, will play a part in his defense. All of which sounds reasonable! Then Watkins said this: “A lot of these defendants—and I’m going to use this colloquial term, perhaps disrespectfully—but they’re all ******* short-bus people. These are people with brain damage, they’re ******* ********, they’re on the goddamn spectrum.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021...capitol-attack
      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Wow. Horny should just hold out his wrists for the coming cuffs. Maybe for a straight jacket, since he's so damaged.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Do they still offer a cigarette when they execute someone by firing squad?

Comment

• Originally posted by giblets View Post
            Do they still offer a cigarette when they execute someone by firing squad?
            No because it's bad for his health.
            "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic."

Comment

• Ouch

An elderly man had the wrong leg amputated during surgery, a hospital in Austria has admitted.

The 82-year-old was due to have his left leg removed on Tuesday, but due to "human error" the right leg was amputated above the knee instead, the Freistadt Clinic said Friday.

The error occurred after a hospital worker mistakenly put a preoperative mark on the wrong leg, the hospital said.

(...)
              Blah

Comment

• He tried to sue, but was told by his lawyer he didn't have a leg to stand on.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                  Uncle Sparky commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's because legal fees would have cost him an arm and a leg.

• I guess the hospital worker was just pulling his leg(s).

Blah

Comment

• Who footed the bill?
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by BBC
                    Body of missing man found in Spanish dinosaur statue

Spanish police are investigating the death of a 39-year-old man whose body was found inside a dinosaur statue.

Authorities were alerted on Saturday after a father and his son noticed a smell emanating from the papier-mâché figure in Santa Coloma de Gramenet, a suburb of Barcelona.

The father then saw the corpse through a crack in the Stegosaurus' hollow leg.

Police said the man had been reported missing by his family, and no foul play is suspected.

Three fire brigade teams were called to scene after the body was discovered, and firefighters cut open the dinosaur leg to retrieve it.

Local media report the man - who has not been named - was trying to retrieve a mobile phone he dropped inside the statue. He then fell inside the decorative figure and was left trapped upside down, unable to call for help.

Police have not confirmed how the man ended up inside the dinosaur, and are awaiting the results of his autopsy to find out how he died.

The decorative statue has been removed from its place outside the city's Cubic Building, where it had been used to advertise an old cinema.
                    Police say the man was reported missing by his family and no foul play is suspected in his death.

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                      Uncle Sparky commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I've been to Barcelona... typical way to die there.

• Stegosaurus is people.
                    Blah

Comment

• Seals need to use tinfoil hats or they'll lose their freedom:

Click image for larger version

Name:	210520134858-01a-seals-scientists-antarctica-c2e-exlarge-169.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	9420596

Known as the Earth's "thermostat," Antarctica plays a vital role in regulating the planet's complex climate system.

Scientists are investigating how environmental changes in Antarctica will impact the rest of the world, but the continent's remote location and hostile climate, with winter temperatures that plummet to well below -100°F, make it an incredibly challenging environment for humans.

That's why a team from the Sea Mammal Research Unit at the University of St Andrews, in Scotland, enlisted the help of some of Antarctica's permanent residents: seals.

The furry, aquatic mammals thrive year-round in the freezing climate and can dive up to 3,000 feet below the water's surface says Lars Boehme, an oceanographer and one of the project's leaders.

By fitting the seals with sensors, the researchers gain insight into the seals habits and ecology, while also gathering data from inaccessible parts of the ocean.

Scientists around the world are now drawing on this data to learn more about the Antarctic environment and how it could impact climate change.

(...)
                      Antarctica’s climate makes it challenging for humans to carry out research there. That’s why a team of scientists at the University of St Andrews have enlisted seals to help them gather data.
                      Blah

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	210529073006-restricted-02-australia-chocolate-frog-intl-scli-exlarge-169.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	9420719

Scientists discover new 'chocolate frog' in swamp

A team of Australian scientists has discovered a curious "chocolate frog" tree frog in the lowland rainforests of New Guinea.

Tree frogs are known for their green skin -- but due to its brown coloring, researchers named it "chocolate frog" -- and the name stuck.

(...)
                        It may be only fake choc, but looks very cute
                        A team of Australian scientists has discovered a curious “chocolate frog” tree frog in the lowland rainforests of New Guinea.
                        Blah

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                          Uncle Sparky commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Chocolate crunchy frog. Yum!

• -Saving that pic for a Heresson project...
                        AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
                        JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

• The NFL on Wednesday pledged to halt the use of “race-norming” — which assumed Black players started out with lower cognitive function — in the $1 billion settlement of brain injury claims and review past scores for any potential race bias.
                          Guess the source!

Comment

Working...
                          X