China Watch Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In txt...
    "Major leak 'exposes' members and 'lifts the lid' on the Chinese Communist Party

Sky News Australia

1 hour agoPlay Video
    Major leak 'exposes' members and 'lifts the lid' on the Chinese Communist Party

A major leak containing a register with the details of nearly two million CCP members has occurred – exposing members who are now working all over the world, while also lifting the lid on how the party operates under Xi Jinping, says Sharri Markson.
    © Provided by Sky News Australia

Ms Markson said the leak is a register with the details of Communist Party members, including their names, party position, birthday, national ID number and ethnicity.

“It is believed to be the first leak of its kind in the world,” the Sky News host said.

“What's amazing about this database is not just that it exposes people who are members of the communist party, and who are now living and working all over the world, from Australia to the US to the UK,” Ms Markson said.

“But it's amazing because it lifts the lid on how the party operates under President and Chairman Xi Jinping”.

Ms Markson said the leak demonstrates party branches are embedded in some of the world’s biggest companies and even inside government agencies.

“Communist party branches have been set up inside western companies, allowing the infiltration of those companies by CCP members - who, if called on, are answerable directly to the communist party, to the Chairman, the president himself,” she said.

“Along with the personal identifying details of 1.95 million communist party members, mostly from Shanghai, there are also the details of 79,000 communist party branches, many of them inside companies”.

Ms Markson said the leak is a significant security breach likely to embarrass Xi Jinping.

“It is also going to embarrass some global companies who appear to have no plan in place to protect their intellectual property from theft. From economic espionage,” she said.

Ms Markson said the data was extracted from a Shanghai server by Chinese dissidents, whistleblowers, in April 2016, who have been using it for counter-intelligence purposes.

“It was then leaked in mid-September to the newly-formed international bi-partisan group, the Inter-Parliamentary Alliance on China- and that group is made up of 150 legislators around the world.

“It was then provided to an international consortium of four media organisations, The Australian, The Sunday Mail in the UK, De Standaard in Belgium and a Swedish editor, to analyse over the past two months, and that's what we've done".

Ms Markson said it, “is worth noting that there's no suggestion that these members have committed espionage - but the concern is over whether Australia or these companies knew of the CCP members and if so have any steps been taken to protect their data and people”."

They aren't going to dox the members but the people that got this information certainly will, and rightfully so. All of these people should be sent back to where they came from.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

Wow
      Yeah, no kiddin! This is when half of DC starts heading to Cuba for vacations.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• The other half...

Comment

• Silicon Valley...bye!

Comment

• Commie professors, happy trails!

Comment

• Ming...you can still do this, Havana has wifi from Miami...bit slow though...

Comment

• You must be bored
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• They should be treated like Nazi collaborators.
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                    You must be bored
                    Lockdown

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                      They should be treated like Nazi collaborators.
                      Think it won't be pink chablis and a heartfelt "sorry".

Comment

• Last time I checked, it isn't against the law to be a member of the communist party in the US.
                        Now I'm sure you will start screaming about how I support the CPP, but all I'm saying is that it isn't against the law here.
                        Maybe other countries should start treating registered Republicans like Nazi collaborators based on your logic.
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

• pchang
                          pchang commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Is it a sign of being uneducated if you do not remember McCarthy?

• Originally posted by Lancer View Post

Lockdown
                        No ****... I just took my wife to the emergency room for stomach pains... Hopefully it's nothing serious, but I'm awake now and totally bored
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

No ****... I just took my wife to the emergency room for stomach pains... Hopefully it's nothing serious, but I'm awake now and totally bored
                          May God bless and heal her.

Comment

Last time I checked, it isn't against the law to be a member of the communist party in the US.
                            Now I'm sure you will start screaming about how I support the CPP, but all I'm saying is that it isn't against the law here.
                            Maybe other countries should start treating registered Republicans like Nazi collaborators based on your logic.
                            Yeah, but I think these days they have to register. If not, see Kid's post about Nazis above.

Comment

• People don't have to register their party affiliations here... we have actual freedom in this country.
                              You are allowed to believe what you want. Even if it you want to believe the Trump Cult and his whines about the election that there is absolutely NO PROOF of that has survived the test of a court of law.
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                              X