No announcement yet.

What did you buy this Black Friday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm wondering how Aeson can know those are in fact sweet potatoes when they were just harvested
    Blah

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
      Uncle Sparky commented
      Editing a comment
      They grow sugar plants in tropical climes, so everything tastes sweet...

They are a totally different species from real potatoes. They kind of suck too or at least are not to my taste.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
      I'm wondering how Aeson can know those are in fact sweet potatoes when they were just harvested
      They don't act out, just sit there in the basket looking all cute and sweet.

Comment

They remind me of yams. I don’t like yams.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post

Did anyone else engage in the yearly capitalist orgy of conspicuous consumption which is Black Friday?
          Civ VI on Steam to be delivered to my eldest son Christmas morning.
          I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

For once in my life I actually targeted Black Friday for all my Christmas gift shopping. Saved a lot of money that way and now I'm done with it!
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
              I also bought a Ryobi bench grinder, a 10,000 lumen LED work light*, two 12/3 75' outdoor extension cords, 150 rounds of .223 ammunition, two bulk packs of holiday kcups, a stupidly cheap something something throw with snow and deer on it (so I would stop shivering), two bulk packs of Barista Prima Italian Roast kcups, a WEN drill press, six holiday salamis, a Spanish cheese assortment, a $100 Granite City gift card (which netted me a $40 bonus gift card), and a $50 Cabela's gift card for my father.

*: this thing is scary bright. It's like looking at a welding torch, and it's all coming from a patch of LEDs that can't be more than four by six inches.
              hmm... not this black friday but I got the WEN drill press and bench grinder and plenty of 12/3 ext cords. I do need better lighting though so thats on my xmas list

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                The neighbors were harvesting sweet potatoes so we bought 15 kg for P450 (~$9)
                Those are really good sliced and roasted skin-on with olive oil and sea salt. The earthiness of the skin pairs well with both the sweetness of the flesh and the olive oil.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

It was after Black Friday but during cyber Monday. I got Civ6: Rise and Fall.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

How do you like it? Maybe you should write a review in the on topic?

Comment

Or write it here. AND if it ever goes on sale, post it here. I intend to buy it someday when it gets down to clearance price level.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post

hmm... not this black friday but I got the WEN drill press and bench grinder and plenty of 12/3 ext cords. I do need better lighting though so thats on my xmas list
                        I bought the WEN 4208 8 in. 5-speed drill press (yet to be delivered from Amazon, I forgot to mention that). What do you think of yours?

Comment

thats the one i got, I ran it but haven't needed to use it for any projects yet

Comment

It just showed up, so I guess I'll see soon enough.

Comment

I personally own the WEN 4227 30 in. 9-speed drill press. It kicks at 490 parts per spin ratio and has a 15 bit clamp feature. It cuts through solid duranium and presses drills at a 1.21 gigawatt aptitude.

It is very similar to the L models.
                              Order of the Fly
                              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
                              X