Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving Forever

Hello Everybody!

I guess this is rather moot given how moribund this forum has been for the last while. I also can't say this is all that surprising given the rather substantial change in my activity levels since 2015.

However, I think it's time for me to move on and say thank you to all of you who have had a big impact on my life. 12 years is a long time to spend in any one place. Poly was there for some pretty significant parts of my life. You were here for my confirmation in 2005, my graduation in 2007 and the death of my father in the year after that. You were here for my move to the States, and then for my return back to Canada.

There were many days, both in Texas and in Canada where you folks were often the only people that I talked to in a given day. There have been days where I'd not be here if not for Apolyton. Many of you have been very good friends of mine over the years. I'd be hard pressed to name much of anything aside perhaps from the Church that have had as big of a positive impact on my life as the folks here. Some of you who wondered why I stayed, well, that was why. I felt obligated to stay in touch with certain folks.

I want to name some names, but that list is going to be really long. Going through my pms and emails, I want to say thank you to Slowwhand, the Tuberskis, Jag, David Floyd, boann, joncha, Berzerker, Nikolai, Kidicious, selfbiased, zkribbler, Drake Tungsten (still amused that you impersonated me on the panda forum), Dinodoc, The Mad Monk, Pekka, Zevico, Braindead, Lord of the Mark, straybow (where have you gone?), Shi Huangdi, (where have you gone), Jrabbit, Ming + rah, ixnay, all the succession gamers and the civ 2 democracy folks (some of whom are no longer with us like Scouse Gits, Bloody Monk and Lafayette. Also thanks to Loinburger, and Agathon, DanS, and MtG. I learned lots from all your posts, and I consider myself better off for having read what you posted.

I suppose this will make many people here happy to no longer have to read my posts, and that's ok. I'll miss you too and sparring with you everyday. I'd not be the person I am today without you forcing me to think about the "why". I'd also not likely even be Catholic. Shi Huangdi had a major role here in helping me come over and I really wish I had been able to maintain contact with him. If any of you know who or where he is, let me know.

I'm still going to be around, but I won't be posting anymore. If you want to keep in touch, please send me a PM. It messages my email whenever you do, so I'm usually good at replying back to people who message me here.

It's time to move on to some new adventures!

So long and thanks for everything!
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Wait... Ben went back to Canada?

Comment

Yes, I did. Family obligations. Texas was very good to me.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

So long and best wishes.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Howdy Ben, I hope you and the family are doing well. Family obligations come first

Comment

Congrats on the reasons to stay away from Apolyton

Comment

So long and best wishes.
              Thanks JR! I know we haven't always seen eye to eye, but you're good people.

Comment

Howdy Ben, I hope you and the family are doing well. Family obligations come first
                It is what it is. It won't ever be 'well', but it's what has to be done. Thanks for your kindnesses! It was fun playing golf with you!

Comment

sorry to hear that

Comment

Best wishes.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Hate to see you go, Ben, I hope everything works out with your family issues.
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Thanks TMM. It's not a situation that 'works out'. It's a situation that just "is" and it's why they have the whole 'for better or for worse"
                        thing in there.

Comment

Thanks Dinner! You're not bad for a rosbif.

Comment

Working...
                          X