No announcement yet.

Crime and New York City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every large city in the US has areas where you probably shouldn't be late at night alone.
    Always good to ask locals before venturing out.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

pchang and rah gave helpful information. thanks. now i know for example that south manhattan, maybe no, but queens, no problem. and also to ask before I venture out. When I go out I walk for like 7 hours. I'm not exagerating. there are some special foot pads that you can use so your feet don't get shattered by blisters and I use them and I walk way after sunset. I absorb the city like that.

Comment

Please keep in mind that crime maps may not show what you're looking for. You want to check type of crime and time of day. There's no doubt that south manhattan looks bad by ranking high in all categories but time of day is not accounted for in that interactive map. I'd still stay away
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

He likes walking late at night. I think we can assume the worst with regards to crime.
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I live in the biggest city in SE europe and one of the three largest cities in south europe. rape and murder are unheard of. I assume that crime means pickpocketing

Comment

I mean if someone pulls a knie or worse a gun on me and ask for my wallet my most propable reaction would be to laugh and ask to see the hidden camera

Comment

Dude. This is the Wild West out here.
                Order of the Fly
                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Well, being male at least result in the danger of getting raped being rather low
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Depends on the male. In my case it is something to worry about.

Well notsomuch now that I have a Guardian that keeps me out of trouble. I never go out at night, anywhere. Not even walk around my own block. My street thug days are over. I survived it and was good at it. But I "retired" recently. I wear polo shirts now.
                    Order of the Fly

Comment

Especially since I am older, bad knee, less energy and "killer instinct" but the same twink look. So even men have to be careful of anything in the streets of big cities at night.
                      Order of the Fly

Comment

O.K., there may also some location where no male would feel all too secure ... at the blue oyster bar for example
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

It's not that I'm naive you know. And I AM Greek. Which means I AM Balkan. That probably doesn't mean much in america but I was once in the suburbs of paris, you know, with large criminality and the arabs there had a thing for me because I wasn't "one of them" and I kept my cool but also had balkan swag.

Comment

Yeah didn't mean much back then. I was just 16 years old

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                              O.K., there may also some location where no male would feel all too secure ... at the blue oyster bar for example
                              I wouldn't make it out of there with any sort of dignity left.

Don't get me twisted around, though, I am not Giancarlo. I am actually Bisexual. I love me soem hot babes. My gay side was my enemy for a long time, but Pruflas finally broke me down. I am still as straight acting as any hetero.

I actually feel better than I evar have in my life, now.
                              Order of the Fly

Comment

Well the arabs didn't manifest any homosexual tendencies towards me but rather a metaphorical approach of "we're going to screw you over". In which my responce was freck you frenchies, I'm greek and it kind of worked

Comment

Working...
                                X