No announcement yet.

Which movies or shows are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So looks like the 1st Game of Thrones spin off will be about the crazies. For now I'm indifferent to this

Blah

Comment

• I read the first book. It's... Interesting.
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Glad to see it coming, sad to see it go. Disappointed that it will be reportedly only 6 eps for that last 6th season. Let them be great

Blah

Comment

• Watched Ford vs Ferrari. Critics seem to love it, it has Matt Damon and Christian Bale but I didn't like it for the most part. Not much into car racing stuff, but I found Rush a much better racing movie. FvF is too long, and often it feels like it... /cts
          Blah

Comment

• Comment

• I'm on an Ozark binge.

Season 4.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Just started the Season 3 of After Life by Ricky Gervais, streaming on Netflix.
                Outstanding.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                  -Jrabbit commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Loved the first 2 seasons; was pleasantly surprised when Gervais decided to do a third.

• Wezil
                  Wezil commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, it is a great combination of drama and comedy. I enjoyed it immensely so thanks for mentioning it.

I liked the ending of season 3 but it's too bad there won't be more.

• -Jrabbit
                  -Jrabbit commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Historically, Gervais gets bored easily and usually moves on after 1 or 2 seasons of his shows. So this Season 3 is a bonus.

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                Just started the Season 3 of After Life by Ricky Gervais, streaming on Netflix.
                Outstanding.

I watched the Ricardo's(6/10), the cat artist one with Benedict cucumber(7/10), and the terminal with Tom Hanks(4/10).
                "

Comment

• Haven't seen anything particularly good recently. Noticed a 1st trailer for Amazon's LOTR which is now named "Rings of Power" with an ETA in september. Trailer was rather blah tho, just some metal melting/ring stuff. But ok, it's only the 1st one.
                  Blah

Comment

• I finished 2 seasons of The Witcher
                    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Wezil
                      Wezil commented
                      Editing a comment
                      "F**k"

I watched the 1st season but stopped after 1st episode of second season. I may go back to it.

• Anyone seen the Boba Fett thing? I've read it's not good, except the parts that are not about Boba Fett. Otoh the Mandalorian was cool, so maybe that's just Fett Shaming.

As far as movies go I watched "Prisoners" by D. Villeneuve (Dune). Completely different genre of course -- a thriller about two Kids disappearing. One dad - H.Jackman - is taking matters into his own hands since he doesn't trust the police/detective - great J Gyllenhaal - which leads to lotsa extra bad stuff.

It's dark, sad, disturbing sometimes, but overall pretty good.
                    Blah

Comment

• Versailles

Comment

• I went out on a date with my wife a few weeks back. We saw the Spiderman mashup thingy. It was dumb and fun and Tobey Maguire is still the best spiderman.
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• 1.56 mission accomplished

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                            Anyone seen the Boba Fett thing? I've read it's not good, except the parts that are not about Boba Fett. Otoh the Mandalorian was cool, so maybe that's just Fett Shaming.
                            Jep, I liked the serries
                            I heard some people say it the other way round, i.e. that the parts about the Mandalorian are better than the parts about Boba

I liked them both, however ... and there are some appeareances of other figures from Star Wars aside from Mandalorian
                            Spoiler:

Like Grogu and (the Return of the Jedi age) Luke Skywalker
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
                            X