Which movies or shows are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• I hear there's a new Octonauts movie...
      Blah

Comment

• Exploring the Octopus?
        AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
        JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

• Meanwhile I watched The Swamp Thing. It was a good 10 ep. show about Trump Org. Naaaah, just about some green guy....
          Blah

Comment

• I'm also still waiting for "The Walking Dead" doing a musical episode.
            Blah

Comment

• Quite enjoying Santa Clarita Diet.
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
                Quite enjoying Santa Clarita Diet.
                Netflix canceled it
                "

Comment

• N35t0r
                  N35t0r commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Colour me surprised.

• Watching The Rain series on Netflix, didn't think this is good. Well, given that it has 3 series already, I should have no doubt about it.

Comment

• I just read the bibs https://www.bbc.com/news/business-58196473 reporting that Amazon has thrown over 400 million bucks into the 1st season of it Lord of the Ring series, planned to be out in 22. Kinda insane

The article also sez it's starting ca. 1000 yrs before the actual LOTR main story. No idea if they plan to run it for a couple centuries or time-jump fwd or just do LOTR without LOTR

And then of course it would be kinda funny if it turns out a bad show, with so much money behind it...
                  Blah

Comment

• So on and around c. 2000 T.A: The North Kindom falls to the Witch King. Dwarfs kicked out of Moria by Mr. Balrog. Minas Ithal is sieged and falls. Last King of Gondor killed by Witch King. Gandolf scares Sauron out of Dol Guldar. This stuff happens over about ~100 years. Not a lot happens after that for another 900 years.
                    "

Comment

• I expect the show's just setting the Annatar, Lord of Gifts and/or corruption and fall of Numenor stuff 1,000 years back... Basically trace Sauron's greatest hits though the Second Age...
                      AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
                      JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

• If they try to do too much it will be a disaster.

A lot happens between 3320 (Downfall of Numenor) and 3441 (Defeat of Sauron). It would ruin the story, I think, to include the earlier stuff (Rings were made in 1500).

As mentioned, the Third Age would also be good

1974 Destruction of Anor
                        1980 Awakening of Balrog
                        2000 Minis Ithil captured
                        2060-2063 contest with the Necromancer ending with the Watchful Peace

Seems like a good time period.

There are lots of good politics stories or war stories or adventure stories.

JM
                        Last edited by Jon Miller; August 14, 2021, 02:53.
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Is related to Jean-Claude Gaudin?
                          ​

Comment

• Hardly ever watch Cop or Crime shows anymore, but I got sucked in by Bosch. Not the engineering company's washing machines/dishwashers I mean the tv series. /cts.
                            Blah

Comment

• I need to see Loaded Weapon again.
                              I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                              Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                              Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Working...
                              X