No announcement yet.

Which movies or shows are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started with the Miniseries Good Omens on Amazon Prime.

Based on a book by Terry Pratchett ... and David Tennant plays a major role.
    With other words, quite funny
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I watched the series Knight Fight on History Channel...pretty awesome, hope they bring it back.
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Boycott Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll View Post
          I watched the series Knight Fight on History Channel...pretty awesome, hope they bring it back.
          So, how historically accurate is it? (aside from the fighting styles ... I heard that these are totally inaccurate, partially also because of limitations set by the rules, like not being allowed to use the weapons for stabbing)

Did any of the contestants (when using a sword) attem,pt to use a Mordhau?
          If I see this correctly it isn't forbidden and at least I for my part (if I am noch allowed to use half sword techniques) would definitelys try to use the Mordhau against a heavy armored opponent
          Last edited by Proteus_MST; June 19, 2019, 17:15.
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

So, how historically accurate is it? (aside from the fighting styles ... I heard that these are totally inaccurate, partially also because of limitations set by the rules, like not being allowed to use the weapons for stabbing)

Did any of the contestants (when using a sword) attem,pt to use a Mordhau?
            If I see this correctly it isn't forbidden and at least I for my part (if I am noch allowed to use half sword techniques) would definitelys try to use the Mordhau against a heavy armored opponent
            I do not believe they are 100 % accurate.

They use shields associated with a certain group along with a selected weapon are pre-chosen.

As for stabbing no that is not permitted nor are sharp edged weaponry.

They can hit the head but not the vulnerable back of the knee.

No it is not a fight to the death however is still entertaining.

Grandpa Troll
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
              I feel like a traitor to anything StarTrek now after I've watched and actually enjoyed few episodes of The Orville
              The Orville is Seth MacFarlane's love letter to Star Trek.
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I'm watching Big Mouth. It's an animation about puberty.
                Quendelie axan!

Comment

The long-rumored second season of "Instinct" started tonight. CBS. Alan Cumming is the lead; it's based on James Patterson's 'Murder Games."
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I recently finished watching season 1 and 2 of Stranger Things on Netflix and cannot wait until the 4th of July when season 3 will be released.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by amzounslide
                      Currently i'm watching the last season of game of thrones :'(
                      I found it disappointing.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Didn't watch anything notable on TV since GoT ended. Oh, the withdrawal symptoms.....
                        Blah

Comment

I for my part just finished season 4 of "Jane. the virgin".
                          I liked it .. the character development ... the turns ... just like a Telenovela

And I also like Petra

Comment

Does anybody watch Vikings. Ive just seen few eps of season 1, and back then I found some parts were done quite well, other's not so much. Now I see it has grown to 4 or 5 seasons, and they don't even have dragons.

...wondering how it is like now, maybe I give it a try.
                            Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                              Does anybody watch Vikings. Ive just seen few eps of season 1, and back then I found some parts were done quite well, other's not so much. Now I see it has grown to 4 or 5 seasons, and they don't even have dragons.

...wondering how it is like now, maybe I give it a try.
                              Well, the first seasons were about Ragnar Lothbrok ... the current season is about his sons and Lagertha ... and Iceland ... and about a certain Alfredus Magnus of Wessex.
                              It is still epic ... and you will either like Ivar the Boneless or you will hate him

I for my part can recommend it

Comment

Vikings is good, but I kinda quit watching around the time they plunder Paris.

Since GoT ended, I've gone old school (relative term, I know) and am re-watching Babylon 5 after 20 years. It's kinda nice knowing the overall story arc and the answers to a lot of the questions surrounding early episodes, but not remembering the specifics of each episode. It also has a GoT feel to it, with the Psi-Corp trying to manipulate the Earth Alliance and take it over (ie take the Iron Throne) and the Narn and Centauri battling it out like the Starks and Lannisters, all while a dark and foreboding force gathers it's strength for the real war to come (Shadows/Army of the Dead). The special effects, which we loved at the time, aren't nearly as good as we remember, but it's a small price to pay for over 4 seasons of pretty damn good television. (It's on Amazon Prime for free right now)
                                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Working...
                                X