No announcement yet.

Predict the US midterm results.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I used to live in that county. Sad day. May God take care of them.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
      Thoughts and prayers for California night club victims... Glock performed well! Yeh!
      Was this guy an incel?
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• A 28-year-old Marine Corps vet. Used a pistol with extended magazine.
        No reports on his sex life or social media yet.

Thousand Oaks is considered to be a very safe, upscale suburb. I have a few friends who live there.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I would like to think that this will have an impact on the "that could never happen here" crowd, but if all the school shootings haven't done that, I doubt this one will.
          SAD
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
            A 28-year-old Marine Corps vet. Used a pistol with extended magazine.
            No reports on his sex life or social media yet.

Thousand Oaks is considered to be a very safe, upscale suburb. I have a few friends who live there.
            Me too, I have been to both there and Simi Valley. My neighbor grew up there and said he'd taken dates to Borderline back in the day.

The whole dressing in black and throwing smoke granades thing sounded like previous attacks by incels as does the targeting of cute women and the guys who date them. It looks and sounds similar ro the jealousy and rage attacks from incels in the recebt past.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
              -Jrabbit commented
              Editing a comment
              You def. have more details than I do.

• pchang
              pchang commented
              Editing a comment
              Apparently, the ex-marine suffered from PTSD and had several run-ins with the law previously. Mental health professionals at the time deemed him not a danger.

• Latest estimate is:
            House D+37
            Senate R+2
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.â€

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man​

Comment

• Meanwhile; From a highly reputable news source
              Democrats Win House

Democrats took back the House of Representatives in the 2018 midterm elections, providing a check on Republican policymaking and a rebuke to President Trump for the next two years. What do you think?

“A Democratic win? Sounds like another win for Trump!â€
              Jules Horne • Movie Set Factotum

“Democrats should be ashamed for continuing to divide America by winning elections.â€
              Henrietta Christensen • Saxophone Cleaner

“After the embarrassment they faced in the 2016 election, this was a much-needed win for polling firms.â€
              Charles Dalton • Vivisectionist
              I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
              Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
              Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post

Actually, they do and it is cause huge problems for Dems as more and more white voters feel alienated and refuse to vote for Dems because of it. This os the reason Florida was such a big lose for Dems yesterday. It turns out if you want people to vote for you it is not wise to continually insult them.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...alienate-white
                I get a 404 when I click your link. But could you provide some examples of Democratic politicians insulting white people?

Comment

• My God. I have had some terrible gas tonight and I must say that last one was a real ass flapped. :gasmaske:

Comment

• Originally posted by spambot View Post

I get a 404 when I click your link. But could you provide some examples of Democratic politicians insulting white people?
                    It works fine for me so maybe you can read the article provided? Everytime the talk about mythic white privilege and ignore poor white people, every time the demand racial quotas and want white people fired simple for their race yet ignore qualifications, and every time they use the word white as a snarl word. White people understand their racial hatred too judging by high fewer and fewer whites vote democratic each election cycle. So they hear it loud and clear.

Dems need to give up divisive racial identity politics if they want to win outside of blue states. America has become more and more polarized and identity politics/tribalism is the reason. Dems will not bridge the divide until they stop playing the game. Dems want to turn out minority votes so they become more and more racist against whites while Republicans setup boogiemen and claim, rather creditably, that dems are out to get them. Avoid that fight and highlight class conflict instead because dems hyping racial conflict is a losing game.

Remember 2016 and remember you lose with the status quo of alienating white voters in swing states. No one likes the toxic SJWs so expell those turds. They draw 80% disapproval ratings.
                    Last edited by Dinner; November 9, 2018, 10:05.

Comment

• It works fine for me so maybe you can read the article provided? Everytime the talk about mythic white privilege and ignore poor white people, every time the demand racial quantum and want white people fired simple for their race yet ignore qualifications, and every time they use the word white as a snarl word. White people understand their racial hatred too judging by high fewer and fewer whites vote democratic each election cycle. So they hear it loud and clear.
                      Could you provide some examples of Democratic politicians doing these things.

No one likes the toxic SJWs so expelled those turds. They draw 80% disapproval ratings.
                      Ah I see, you're blaming Democratic politicians for something that someone who presumably voted for them did. Like blaming Trump for everything Trump supporters do.

Comment

• I will just leave that here and say I am not the only one who has noticed this.

Comment

• In 2016 I was leaning that way. That the problem was the focus on Identity politics instead of economic responsibility/fairness/racial justice. I don't think that it is everyone in the Democrat camp, but rather the white Democrats, who focus so much on identity politics. But they are the leaders of the Democrat camp.

However, my experience in the last two years with people who vote R in the midwest has made me change that view.

I have mostly seen that people who vote R are (some combination of):
                          Straight R without a thought (because they, or their parents, have been doing that since Ike)
                          Serious Racists
                          Seriously distorted reality due to Fox News (and increasingly Breitbart) talking points (not news)
                          I am getting mine

The last camp has actually gone down due to Trump/etc, but it is still there.

I did see some comment about Beto, that he got really really close considering how far his views diverged from majority Texan views. A moderate white Democrat with as much Charisma might (or might not) have managed to win there.

A year or so ago, I thought that what America needed was a minority woman with somewhat conservative views to contest Trump in 2020. I think that the Racist group is strong enough, that probably it should be a white male with more liberal views. Not that they would vote for him, but they might be a little less likely to vote.

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• I think the politics part of Identity politics came from a partially unconscious attempt to marry white liberal concerns to racial minority concerns. But racial minorities often are not so interested in identity politics and are more interested in standard economic/social needs and the end to racial biases in the justice system.

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                              https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.spi...democrats/amp/

I will just leave that here and say I am not the only one who has noticed this.
                              I don't agree with that particular article although I do think that Democrats would do better fighting on the points of economic, racial and social justice rather than on the points of Identity politics (look, (s)he is gay/muslim/'racial minority' so we should support them/etc, we need to focus on social acceptance of an Identity rather than the abuses perpetuated by the state or allowed, by the state, to be perpetuated by the powerful, etc.).

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                              X