No announcement yet.

Predict the US midterm results.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is Obama, with his healthcare plan that is basically Romneycare, a radical?

Comment

• -Jrabbit
      -Jrabbit commented
      Editing a comment
      Easy: Romney is clearly a leftist radical. He patterned Massachusetts healthcare on the blueprint suggested by the ultimate radical, Ronald Reagan.

• Originally posted by spambot View Post
    How is Obama, with his healthcare plan that is basically Romneycare, a radical?
    1) Anti-rural. He doesn't like rural Americans. Reporters have asked him about why he doesn't get along with rural Americans and he blames them. You can't be a moderate if you dislike a huge portion of the voting base.

2) Foreign policy. He was the first really ideologically globalist President. He radically tried to change America's political stance in the world to bring us closer to countries like Cuba, Iran and Leftist Europe.

3) Social. Most leftist by far.

4) Anti-successful people. "You didn't build that."

5) Race card. Constantly. Most recently he implied that if you don't believe in leftist education and climate change policy you're racist.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

1) Anti-rural. He doesn't like rural Americans. Reporters have asked him about why he doesn't get along with rural Americans and he blames them. You can't be a moderate if you dislike a huge portion of the voting base.
      He didn't say he doesn't like them. What do you expect him to say when asked that? Claim that he's unpopular among rural Americans on purpose? If Trump isn't popular among some demographics is that proof he hates them?

2) Foreign policy. He was the first really ideologically globalist President. He radically tried to change America's political stance in the world to bring us closer to countries like Cuba, Iran and Leftist Europe.
      Ending our feud with Cuba is a logical thing to do now that the Cold War is over, and it doesn't make you a radical any more than Nixon visiting China made him a Communist. He was willing to use sanctions against Iran to pressure them to make an agreement concerning nuclear weapons. "Leftist Europe" are our NATO allies, why on Earth wouldn't we be close to them?

3) Social. Most leftist by far.
      Not terribly specific. He's certainly more pro-LGBT than any previous president, but he only started openly supporting gay marriage at the same time that a majority of Americans started expressing support for it in opinion polls.

4) Anti-successful people. "You didn't build that."
      The "that" he was referring to was infrastructure like roads, bridges that businesses need to be successful. American politicians have been arguing for government funded roads, canals, railroads, etc. since the 19th century.

5) Race card. Constantly. Most recently he implied that if you don't believe in leftist education and climate change policy you're racist.
      I am not aware of him claiming that climate change is somehow connected to race.

Comment

• Originally posted by spambot View Post

He didn't say he doesn't like them. What do you expect him to say when asked that? Claim that he's unpopular among rural Americans on purpose? If Trump isn't popular among some demographics is that proof he hates them?

Ending our feud with Cuba is a logical thing to do now that the Cold War is over, and it doesn't make you a radical any more than Nixon visiting China made him a Communist. He was willing to use sanctions against Iran to pressure them to make an agreement concerning nuclear weapons. "Leftist Europe" are our NATO allies, why on Earth wouldn't we be close to them?

Not terribly specific. He's certainly more pro-LGBT than any previous president, but he only started openly supporting gay marriage at the same time that a majority of Americans started expressing support for it in opinion polls.

The "that" he was referring to was infrastructure like roads, bridges that businesses need to be successful. American politicians have been arguing for government funded roads, canals, railroads, etc. since the 19th century.

I am not aware of him claiming that climate change is somehow connected to race.
        https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/bar...ress-u-n938406

If you think people are racist then you don't like them. I don't think he liked his own grandmother who he said was racist. Maybe she was, in a way that most people shrug off. She didn't disown her daughter for having a baby with a black guy. She was probably a nice person and shouldn't have been compared to Rev. Wright, who Obama did not condemn at all. He excused his racism (like JM thinks it's ok for black people to be racist).

Comment

• Obama, speaking at the Obama Foundation Summit on Monday night, said the answers already exist to solve many of the problems facing both the U.S. and the world, but that the nation was not making progress "because we are still confused, blind, shrouded with hate, anger, racism, mommy issues."
          He said "we" and didn't single anyone out with that comment. Saying that hate, anger, racism are bad doesn't sound particularly extreme.

Comment

• pchang
            pchang commented
            Editing a comment
            Perhaps the mommy issues thing touched a nerve with someone.......

• Aeson
            Aeson commented
            Editing a comment
            Obama hates mommy! Likens her to anger, racism!

• Obama has white grandma issues.

Comment

• Boycott Georgia Movement

Wake up Oerdin

Comment

Working...
            X